Login Sign Up

Aleksander Emelianenko

Talk about the fighters here.

Moderators: GrappleorWrestle, stevebags, Gurre

Postby famedbauwow » Wed Dec 19, 2007 9:33 am

I honestly think that on any given night, Alex or Sergie could beat anyone, there big guys who move good and have some heavy hands. But they havent accomplished as much as the guys ur comparing em to and thats why i bust ur balls about em. I really dont think either one would beat coture or AA, now Tim is a diffrent story, u figure out the reach, u can beat him,AA in there third fight and Vera r perfect examles of guys not comfortable with the size, if Sergie or Alex can get by the size and land, they will for surley KO Tim Slyvia. Oh and that clip of Barnett and Alex, who won that fight?
famedbauwow
Purple Belt
Purple Belt
 
Posts: 477
Joined: Tue Feb 14, 2006 5:19 pm

Postby FEDORisGOD » Wed Dec 19, 2007 9:55 am

famedbauwow wrote:I honestly think that on any given night, Alex or Sergie could beat anyone, there big guys who move good and have some heavy hands. But they havent accomplished as much as the guys ur comparing em to and thats why i bust ur balls about em. I really dont think either one would beat coture or AA, now Tim is a diffrent story, u figure out the reach, u can beat him,AA in there third fight and Vera r perfect examles of guys not comfortable with the size, if Sergie or Alex can get by the size and land, they will for surley KO Tim Slyvia. Oh and that clip of Barnett and Alex, who won that fight?


You keep referring to Sergei and Aleks as if they are purely strikers. They're both phenomenal strikers, especially Sergei who is Olympic Caliber. Aleksander has amazing hands and footwork, probably the best at 250+ but dont forget that he also has a black belt in Judo and is a master of sport in Sambo unlike AA who was just an under 18 tourney sambo champ. Sergei is trained in Sambo and Judo by Fedor and Volk Han. Both Sergei and Aleksander have MUCH more impressive grappling credentials than AA and I truly feel that both guys would massacre Randy Couture and AA because of Randy's lack of size and AA's lack of heart and chin.

Sergei has accomplished more in MMA than AA. Only 2 guys to beat Sergei are Big Nog and Aleksander since his fluke injury loss to Overeem has been avenged in KO Fashion.

AA has a glas chin. AA is an animal but a shot from Aleks or Sergei and he can go down very quickly however BOTH Aleks and Sergei have shown they can take tremendous amounts of punishment. And how has AA accomplished more than Sergei and Aleks? Sergei beat Werdum in MUCH more impressive fashion. Other than that Sergei has fought and defeated a much more impressive list of opponents than AA has whos only other major win is Tim Sylvia whom you yourself called overrated.

PS

Rizzo is not as washed up as you think, he just needed to take some time off to regenerate some brain cells like Randy after the 2 Liddell KO losses. Rizzo KO'd Monson who has never been knocked out till that fight. The same Monson that Big Tim couldn't finish who managed to defeat AA 2x and once by Knock out.

You need to watch more Aleksander and Sergei fights. IMO they would both beat AA and Randy and Tim convincingly the majority out of 10 fights.

Randy 7/10

AA 9/10

Tim 10/10
Image
FEDORisGOD
Moderator
Moderator
 
Posts: 3565
Joined: Mon Jul 03, 2006 11:51 pm

Postby Kensei » Wed Dec 19, 2007 10:10 am

I kind of agree, which is why we need to see these guys in bigger events. I cringe at the thought of Alek being a player in a small Canadian event when he should be on the world stage. the fact is that the "world stage" right now is the UFC. I hate that pride died. I think each area (North/south america, Europe, Asia, Africa) should have major events and companies and once every two years a MMA Olympics is held to bring the best of the best together for a "world champ".......A guy can dream!

Kensei for MMA president 2008!!!!! LMAO
Image

Even monkeys fall out of trees!
Kensei
Moderator
Moderator
 
Posts: 6233
Joined: Mon Sep 11, 2006 7:12 pm
Location: Canada

Postby FEDORisGOD » Wed Dec 19, 2007 10:50 am

Kensei wrote:I kind of agree, which is why we need to see these guys in bigger events. I cringe at the thought of Alek being a player in a small Canadian event when he should be on the world stage. the fact is that the "world stage" right now is the UFC. I hate that pride died. I think each area (North/south america, Europe, Asia, Africa) should have major events and companies and once every two years a MMA Olympics is held to bring the best of the best together for a "world champ".......A guy can dream!

Kensei for MMA president 2008!!!!! LMAO


This is exactly why Fedor didn't sign with the UFC. He said he wanted to have more say in where the sport was going internationally. Fedor knew by signing with UFC, all he would do is help MMA Grow in America where its already through the fucking roof.

Fedor would never get to fight in Russia or Japan again where MMA is very scarce at the moment. Fedor made a very diplomatic move by signing with M-1, he has full control of his career and where MMA is going in Russia which I think is huge. People tend to forget that Russia is a very big country that has a chance of having shows every month from city to city just like UFC in US. All it needs is some more exposure. By signing with the UFC, Fedor wouldn't have such reach to the international MMA community.
Image
FEDORisGOD
Moderator
Moderator
 
Posts: 3565
Joined: Mon Jul 03, 2006 11:51 pm

Postby Kensei » Thu Dec 20, 2007 7:58 am

FEDORisGOD wrote:This is exactly why Fedor didn't sign with the UFC. He said he wanted to have more say in where the sport was going internationally. Fedor knew by signing with UFC, all he would do is help MMA Grow in America where its already through the fucking roof.


I dont know if I agree with this or not. I would hope that Fedor is not all about Fedor, but I happen to know that Fedors manager had A LOT to do with his signing with M1 and it is no secret that his manager was heavily involved in the financial end of Fedor signing with the organization and got a TONE of money for his sale with the promise to deliver Fedor! I like the fact that M1 is up and running, but I think they would be better off not trying to but head with the UFC but rather work out a deal were they own the European market and try to cross promote. then a group like K1 could hold Japan and Asia!

FEDORisGOD wrote:Fedor would never get to fight in Russia or Japan again where MMA is very scarce at the moment. Fedor made a very diplomatic move by signing with M-1, he has full control of his career and where MMA is going in Russia which I think is huge. People tend to forget that Russia is a very big country that has a chance of having shows every month from city to city just like UFC in US. All it needs is some more exposure. By signing with the UFC, Fedor wouldn't have such reach to the international MMA community.


I agree that Fedor would never be seen in Russia again if he signed with UFC, but I dont agree that "he is in full control of his career", no athlete is in full control of their career. They depend on managers to do the promotion and marketing and also to negotiate on their behalf. I think he can have influence and final say, but if the guy only presents him that which is in his best interest...well you get the point. I hope that by Fedor signing with M1 he strengthens them and then does not pay for the move later by being in one freak show after another till he retires!
Image

Even monkeys fall out of trees!
Kensei
Moderator
Moderator
 
Posts: 6233
Joined: Mon Sep 11, 2006 7:12 pm
Location: Canada

Postby FEDORisGOD » Thu Dec 20, 2007 2:53 pm

Kensei wrote:
FEDORisGOD wrote:This is exactly why Fedor didn't sign with the UFC. He said he wanted to have more say in where the sport was going internationally. Fedor knew by signing with UFC, all he would do is help MMA Grow in America where its already through the fucking roof.


I dont know if I agree with this or not. I would hope that Fedor is not all about Fedor, but I happen to know that Fedors manager had A LOT to do with his signing with M1 and it is no secret that his manager was heavily involved in the financial end of Fedor signing with the organization and got a TONE of money for his sale with the promise to deliver Fedor! I like the fact that M1 is up and running, but I think they would be better off not trying to but head with the UFC but rather work out a deal were they own the European market and try to cross promote. then a group like K1 could hold Japan and Asia!

FEDORisGOD wrote:Fedor would never get to fight in Russia or Japan again where MMA is very scarce at the moment. Fedor made a very diplomatic move by signing with M-1, he has full control of his career and where MMA is going in Russia which I think is huge. People tend to forget that Russia is a very big country that has a chance of having shows every month from city to city just like UFC in US. All it needs is some more exposure. By signing with the UFC, Fedor wouldn't have such reach to the international MMA community.


I agree that Fedor would never be seen in Russia again if he signed with UFC, but I dont agree that "he is in full control of his career", no athlete is in full control of their career. They depend on managers to do the promotion and marketing and also to negotiate on their behalf. I think he can have influence and final say, but if the guy only presents him that which is in his best interest...well you get the point. I hope that by Fedor signing with M1 he strengthens them and then does not pay for the move later by being in one freak show after another till he retires!


Come on bro, you saw the last Randy and Fedor interviews. Both guys are ready to fight eachother sooner than later. If it has to be later, we just have to wait for Randy's Contract to expire but Fedor vs. Randy IS going down 100%. I dont consider Randy to be a freakshow fight which fedor couldn't control with his career. Plus Barnett fight is also a HUGE possibility for the M-1 show in Chicago in Feb.
Image
FEDORisGOD
Moderator
Moderator
 
Posts: 3565
Joined: Mon Jul 03, 2006 11:51 pm

Postby Kensei » Fri Dec 21, 2007 8:54 am

FEDORisGOD wrote:Come on bro, you saw the last Randy and Fedor interviews. Both guys are ready to fight eachother sooner than later. If it has to be later, we just have to wait for Randy's Contract to expire but Fedor vs. Randy IS going down 100%. I dont consider Randy to be a freakshow fight which fedor couldn't control with his career. Plus Barnett fight is also a HUGE possibility for the M-1 show in Chicago in Feb.


I agree, Randy and Barnett would not be freak shows, I just fear that these are not the fights we will get to see!

I read alot of bitching about Dana and this situation but what alot of people forget is to look past the BS and remember a few things. One it is a bussiness and this fight held outside or inside the UFC would not be good for the UFC unless Fedor was under contract BY the ufc. Randy wins and he gets major props for it, he looses and the UFC looses face and their star looks "human" again. If the fight occurs with the UFC's blessings outside the ufc they miss out big time...if randy wins they just helped promote a fight that they dont make the big cheese on, if he drops the match they really loose out!

Two they tried to make this happen! Dana went after Fedor and offered him big bucks, trying to set up the fight that Randy supposedly wanted!...Then when Fedor said no...Randy flipped out because of the money that they offered Fedor, for the fight that Randy asked for in the first place! If I were Dana I would be pissed as well.

Now the actions of white after were kind of childish, saying fedor was over rated because he could not sign him.... Geez!

but this whole thing has no one doing the right thing from the start. the only ones missing out are the fans. Lets face it...if this fight happens with UFC backing and in the UFC as a co promotion we all get to see it and watch the fight of the year, but if it happens in M1, even with HDnet or who ever backing them, most fans will only be able to read about it on sheredog!!
Image

Even monkeys fall out of trees!
Kensei
Moderator
Moderator
 
Posts: 6233
Joined: Mon Sep 11, 2006 7:12 pm
Location: Canada

Postby famedbauwow » Fri Dec 21, 2007 8:56 pm

Fedor's little brother might be a big ass dude and is a good fighter, but lets be honest, who has he beat that is any good????. Barnett, Werdum, & Cro cop " which he was clearly scared of" are the next level of heavyweight and how did he do against them??? He is a top 15 fighter when over in pride & lucky to be a top 20 fighter in the UFC. Just cause his brother is the 2nd best heavyweight in the world doesnt mean he will live up to that hype.
famedbauwow
Purple Belt
Purple Belt
 
Posts: 477
Joined: Tue Feb 14, 2006 5:19 pm

Postby FEDORisGOD » Fri Dec 21, 2007 9:17 pm

famedbauwow wrote:Fedor's little brother might be a big ass dude and is a good fighter, but lets be honest, who has he beat that is any good????.

His win over Sergei Kharitonov is good enough to consider him a Top 10 HW. Sergei has beaten Werdum (in much more impressive than Arlovski did) who has beaten Gonzaga who has beaten Cro Cop. Since you're such a fan of MMAth instead of just watching the fights, I had to break it down that way for you.


Barnett, Werdum, & Cro cop " which he was clearly scared of"

"SCARED OF?" WTF are you talking about. Aleksander fought Cro Cop in his 2nd CAREER MMA FIGHT in which Cro Cop was runinng away. Aleksander has been begging for a rematch w/ Cro Cop. Are you fucking joking me? :x SCARED OF WERDUM? How was he scared of Werdum? WTF???? How was Aleksander scared of Barnett? Did you even watch the fights? Where can you get such bullshit ideas from? Aleksander OWNED Barnett until he gassed after 10 minutes of fighting with the flu. Barnett(who has wins over Big Nog, Randy) himself saidt hat Aleksander would be a HW champ in the UFC after he fought him.

are the next level of heavyweight and how did he do against them???

Aleksander has 1 top 10 win over Sergei and hes lost to the rest of top10er's hes fought. Big fucking deal, fighters lose. Same thing can be said about Gonzaga in this case who has 1 top 10 win over Cro Cop and losses to every other top 10er hes fought. Does that means hes just someone little brother or any other type of idiotic stereotype of yours?No because Aleksander and Gonzaga are BOTH phenomenal HW's and the future of the MMA HW division

He is a top 15 fighter when over in pride & lucky to be a top 20 fighter in the UFC. Just cause his brother is the 2nd best heavyweight in the world doesnt mean he will live up to that hype.

LMAO at your level of ignorance. By saying that Aleksander would be lucky to be a top 20 UFC HW ranked fighter you mean that you can name 19 guys who are better than him or should be ranked higher? I think your last statement alone indicates how ignorant you are to the facts.





Image


For anyone who think Aleks is "Just Fedor's lil Bro."
Image
FEDORisGOD
Moderator
Moderator
 
Posts: 3565
Joined: Mon Jul 03, 2006 11:51 pm

Postby famedbauwow » Fri Dec 21, 2007 9:29 pm

Excuse number 1) it was his 2nd MMA fight when he was scared of Cro cop & got lit up! Excuse number 2) He had the flu against Barnett. Suck it up and win, that is the difference between Top 10 fighters and not top 10 fighters. I never said he was afraid of Werdum or Barnett, i said he was afraid of Cro Cop! Yeah fighters lose and win, thats how you rank then dumbass! You dont just pick guys you like and talk them up. They have to earn it to be considered good. He hasnt done that yet. Im waiting for his next big loss so i can hear what EXCUSE NUMBER 3 WILL BE????? The guy was too tough!
famedbauwow
Purple Belt
Purple Belt
 
Posts: 477
Joined: Tue Feb 14, 2006 5:19 pm

Postby famedbauwow » Fri Dec 21, 2007 9:35 pm

I tried to let it go but u brought it back up, ur comparing champions to contenders. Im a huge Nick Diaz fan but it takes more than beating Gomi to call him ranked. And yes he has the tools to beat the Champions, but im not gonna say hes gonna tool GSP, Hughes, or any champ for that matter because they have accomplished something and he hasnt. Wait, Nick Diaz is a bad example, hes actually beat good fighters, and got screwed on the ones he lost to.
famedbauwow
Purple Belt
Purple Belt
 
Posts: 477
Joined: Tue Feb 14, 2006 5:19 pm

Postby Bauwow30 » Fri Dec 21, 2007 10:00 pm

I agree with the Famed on this 1! You sound like you are in love with the Fedor's and take it too personal when they get there skills questioned!
Bauwow30
Green Belt
Green Belt
 
Posts: 84
Joined: Fri Dec 21, 2007 9:47 pm

Postby FEDORisGOD » Fri Dec 21, 2007 10:15 pm

famedbauwow wrote:Excuse number 1) it was his 2nd MMA fight when he was scared of Cro cop & got lit up! Excuse number 2) He had the flu against Barnett. Suck it up and win, that is the difference between Top 10 fighters and not top 10 fighters. I never said he was afraid of Werdum or Barnett, i said he was afraid of Cro Cop! Yeah fighters lose and win, thats how you rank then dumbass! You dont just pick guys you like and talk them up. They have to earn it to be considered good. He hasnt done that yet. Im waiting for his next big loss so i can hear what EXCUSE NUMBER 3 WILL BE????? The guy was too tough!


Sorry sir, I tried but you're a complete nimrod no matter how one slices the pie. Did I ever say Aleks is Top 5 or the best HW in the world? No. All I said that he is Top 10 HW and a great young HW and MORE than just Fedor's Little Bro.

He hasn't done well against Top 10 Competiton but niether has Gonzaga. By your logic niether of them deserve to be top 10 however, both guys are in the Top 10 of almost MMA Ranking World Wide.

Quoute of the year:

"Aleksander would be lucky to be a top 20 UFC HW."

Please back that up or STFU.

List me 19 guys who should be ranked higher than Aleks in the MMA or UFC HW division. By your logic, list me 18 guys who should be ranked higher than Gonzaga.
Image
FEDORisGOD
Moderator
Moderator
 
Posts: 3565
Joined: Mon Jul 03, 2006 11:51 pm

Postby famedbauwow » Fri Dec 21, 2007 11:13 pm

That was a quote from BAUWOW30, the whole 18 or 19 HW better, I dont think that, but Gonzaga is 1-2 against Ranked fighters and has only 11 MMA fights, basically making a name off one kick, Coture brought him back to reality and Werdum will show Gonzagas true colors, and thats not top ten, and Alex dosent fight, so how is he ranked, im not gonna go off about his facts again, but a loosing record to ranked fighters and lack of fights are obvious reasons why hes not ranked. Do u know who he is fighing for now and when his next fight is, i heard somethin about canada
famedbauwow
Purple Belt
Purple Belt
 
Posts: 477
Joined: Tue Feb 14, 2006 5:19 pm

Postby FEDORisGOD » Sat Dec 22, 2007 6:51 am

famedbauwow wrote:
18 or 19 HW better, I dont think that,

Well, by ur logic and rationale it wouldnt't be strange for one to think otherwise. You said that Aleksander would be lucky to be ranked as a top 20 HW in the UFC. Since Aleksander and Gonzaga have the same luck vs. Top Comp, I then said that by that rationale, Gonzaga doesn't deserve to be top 10 either.

but Gonzaga is 1-2 against Ranked fighters and has only 11 MMA fights, basically making a name off one kick, Coture brought him back to reality and Werdum will show Gonzagas true colors,


So what that hes 1-2 against ranked fighters. All that means is that guys who have beaten him also deserve to be in the top 10 because they showed that they are capable of beating top 10 competition. Are these guys top 5 because of beating a Gonzaga? No, unless they have beaten people in the top 5. How do you think Randy is Ranked 4th now? He beat Tim who was top 5 (not in my opinion but MMW Weekly) and Gonzo who was top 10. Thats how rankings work. Aleksander has a win over Sergei who at once was a definite top 5er on every MMA Website until his freak injury loss to Overeem which he avenged with a crazy KO about a month ago. Now that the Overeem loss is crossed out, the only 2 guys to beat Sergei Khartionov are Aleks and Nog. That says alot about both Big Nog and Aleksander and puts them in an elite category. Sergei is 15-3 and has fought Big Nog, Aleksander, Werdum, Schilt and Pedro Rizzo. Thats more impressive than AA's 11-5 whos toughest opponents were Big Tim (who he lost to twice and got KO'd), Werdum (who is a great fighter but made AA fight a very boring fight by controling the pace), and Rizzo (who K'd AA TFO). Thats pretty fucking impressive and makes Aleksander's TKO win over Sergei all that more impressive and deserving of a TOp 10 and Great Fighter mention.


and thats not top ten, and Alex dosent fight, so how is he ranked, im not gonna go off about his facts again, but a loosing record to ranked fighters and lack of fights are obvious reasons why hes not ranked.

Aleksander is ranked. Hes ranked 9 and 10th on most MMA websites. He has had 2 fights in the last 6 months. One fight with Jessy Gibson who fought Aleks only because he was an alternate for Gilbert Yvel who was supposed fight Aleks initially but got injured in training a week before. After that Aleks fought in Canada about a month or two ago and choked out Bobbish in like 1 minute. Aleks should be ranked and should Always be considered a Top 10 HW IMO. So should Gonzaga and so should Sergei, Werdum and AA. Only guy I think should struggle making top 10 is Tim Sylvia. Yea he has 2 wins on AA but hes just a boring fighter. I hate watching him fight. I hate his technique, sloppiness. I know it gets the job done but come on. His last 4 fights went to decision. I dont understand by what you mean, Aleks is unranked? Ofcourse hes ranked and he IS active. Expect him to fight the likes of Yvel or Hunt for his next match.


Image
FEDORisGOD
Moderator
Moderator
 
Posts: 3565
Joined: Mon Jul 03, 2006 11:51 pm

PreviousNext

Return to Fighters

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 0 guests

cron