Login Sign Up

Aleksander Emelianenko

Talk about the fighters here.

Moderators: GrappleorWrestle, stevebags, Gurre

Postby Kensei » Mon Jul 21, 2008 11:50 am

apparently alek has Hep B! That is why the fight was called off? anyone confirm this one???

Even monkeys fall out of trees!
Kensei

Postby FEDORisGOD » Mon Jul 21, 2008 12:56 pm

No he doesnt. I spoke to Vadim Finklestein personally and he said M-1 will be sueing the comission. Aleks passed all his tests and paperwork. Commission didnt give them a reason as to why Aleks cant fight. I asked Vadim if Dana had something to do with it and he said theres always the possibility.
FEDORisGOD

Postby Kensei » Mon Jul 21, 2008 2:26 pm

FEDORisGOD wrote:No he doesnt. I spoke to Vadim Finklestein personally and he said M-1 will be sueing the comission. Aleks passed all his tests and paperwork. Commission didnt give them a reason as to why Aleks cant fight. I asked Vadim if Dana had something to do with it and he said theres always the possibility.

LMAO, yah thats it.... :lol: :lol: :lol:

Smart move, Sue a commision were your fighters MAY actually want to fight again...way to get on their good side! Oh, and I was Asking as I read it on another fourm and wanted to know if any one had been told this.....How did you know about it at the fights?? I mean the hep b thing??

Kensei

Postby Jewish-Spy » Mon Jul 21, 2008 2:41 pm

that's a perfect way to fire at White. The more bullets they shoot at him the sooner this scumbag will fall. Fighetrs leaving, he's doing all possible to draw the attention away from Fedor, I'm not typing he had something to do with it but he's quite capable and that would not surprise me at all.
What is strange is they don't talk or write much about it.
Jewish-Spy
Red Belt
Red Belt

Postby qwerty » Mon Jul 21, 2008 3:57 pm

I think Dana has some pull over in Vegas (Nevada)...but I don't think he has that same kind of pull in California. I'm sure we will find out why Aleks didn't get cleared. All I know is that Paul Buentello got lucky that night :)
qwerty
Black Belt
Black Belt

Postby Jewish-Spy » Mon Jul 21, 2008 9:14 pm

I haven't even seen Buentello fight but if he couldn't finish good daddy... yes he got lucky.
Jewish-Spy
Red Belt
Red Belt

Postby Kensei » Wed Jul 23, 2008 10:36 am

So I have been checking into the issue with Alek and this is what I found.

Positive Hep B Test
By Chris Howie:
This past weekend Aleksander Emelianenko was scheduled to face Paul Buentello in heavyweight action during the FSN portion of Affliction: Banned but due to medical complications the fight was cancelled.

A source close to the situation spoke to MMANews.com's Michael Moody on a condition of anonymity and explained that the blood tests came back right before Aleks and Buentello were scheduled to weigh in and that is why there was so much confusion around the stage and why the fighters did not weigh in. Gary Goodridge ended up stepping up on extremely short notice and filling in for the Russian heavyweight.

The tests were positive for Hepatitis B which resulted in the CSAC cancelling the fight. Hep B is the result of transmission from exposure to infectious blood or body fluids containing blood. Possible forms of transmission include (but are not limited to) unprotected sexual contact, blood transfusions, re-use of contaminated needles & syringes, and vertical transmission from mother to child during childbirth.

A positive Hepatitis B test is no laughing matter and this could spell the end of Aleks' fighting career as many of the people close to the situation pointed out. I can't imagine many fighters willing to step up to fight Aleks with the possibility of catching the disease. He most definitely will not fight in the United States again and it will be interesting to see if this positive test results in organizations from all over the world black listing the brother of heavyweigh king, Fedor Emelianenko.

MMANews.com will have more on this story as it develops as we imagine a second opinion will be taken to make sure the test wasn't flawed.

The guy that wrote this confused Hep B with Hep C by the way. If Alek has Hep B he will be cleared to fight as soon the infection clears, a month or two and he will be fine. Hep C sticks with you for life, your body gets rid of Hep B and will build up an immunity for it.

While many rumors will scare fighters, this one is not as bad as it could be. It is like saying Alek could not fight because he had Chicken pox...but many will think it is like saying he has AIDS or Herpies...it is not.

Kensei

Postby qwerty » Wed Jul 23, 2008 11:00 am

Hep C, wasn't that what Dirty Sanchez has before the Koshcheck fight? Or was that just complications becuase of strep throat? Or they confused it with Hep C?
qwerty
Black Belt
Black Belt

Postby Kensei » Wed Jul 23, 2008 11:53 am

qwerty wrote:Hep C, wasn't that what Dirty Sanchez has before the Koshcheck fight? Or was that just complications becuase of strep throat? Or they confused it with Hep C?

I believe Sanchez had a staph infection.

Kensei

Re: Aleksander Emelianenko

Postby fightDR » Wed Oct 08, 2008 10:36 am

Aleksander Emelianenko another fighter like Sergei who needs to be fighting more and on bigger shows to get better competetion as he on his day is a real bad Mo Fo...would watch this guy against any tough fighter and enjoy. A rematch with Sergei would be 1 that you could sign me up for, would love to see that fight!!!
fightDR
Brown(3) Belt
Brown(3) Belt

Previous

Return to Fighters