Moderators: Forum Moderators, Kung Fu Moderators

Who would win Prime-Ali or Prime-Tyson?

Muhammed Ali would win-boxing genius!
73%
Mike Tyson would win-unmatched 1-hit stopping power
27%

Total votes : 48

Postby NitZR » Wed Sep 06, 2006 12:42 am

no that was mike and he was also the youngest heavweight to win the heavyweight title in this history of boxing.
NitZR
Purple Belt
Purple Belt

Postby NovaAngel19 » Fri Sep 22, 2006 11:33 pm

im not really into boxing anymore ... but im going with Tyson on this one ... his punching power is undeniable
conversations kill ...
NovaAngel19
Blue Belt
Blue Belt

Postby stevebags » Sat Sep 23, 2006 1:40 am

yes he had the punching power but could he have landed the shot on Ali? we will never no. Ali had power to people forget that because he was fast
"...the man who really counts in the world is the doer, not the mere critic-the man who actually does the work, even if roughly and imperfectly, not the man who only talks or writes about how it ought to be done."

http://www.myspace.com/stevebaggaley
stevebags
Black Belt
Black Belt

Postby GrappleorWrestle » Sat Sep 23, 2006 7:27 am

Not only that, but Ali got into his opponents' head. He was very good at that.
Not to cross train cripples the martial arts, without it you can become a mechanic, but never an artist.
- E. Cates

Gold medals aren't really made of gold. They're made of sweat, determination, and a hard-to-find alloy called guts.
- Dan Gable
GrappleorWrestle
Black Belt
Black Belt

Postby soldierboi187 » Wed Nov 01, 2006 10:46 pm

ali would get destroyed his speed is nothing compared to mikes power and mike is one of the best ever hell his manager had to pay obscene amounts of money to his opponents just so the would walk near the ring let alone get in and ali got in peoples heads mike made people shit thier pants at the thought of 3 mins with him mikes the most feard boxer in history period after is like third fight the world new him and wanted to see him kill someone and if it wasnt for his handlers hewould have like 50 bodies on his hands
soldierboi187
Green Belt
Green Belt

Postby GrappleorWrestle » Thu Nov 02, 2006 5:57 am

As much as I would like to say one would win, I really can't. You could put Tyson back in Ali's time and train him or vice versa and it would be different.
Not to cross train cripples the martial arts, without it you can become a mechanic, but never an artist.
- E. Cates

Gold medals aren't really made of gold. They're made of sweat, determination, and a hard-to-find alloy called guts.
- Dan Gable
GrappleorWrestle
Black Belt
Black Belt

omgggggggg

Postby kyle » Fri Dec 01, 2006 12:14 pm

u people no nothing i no for a fact mike tyson would rip ali in 2...tyson is the real underdog hes a legend and a true fighter from the street of brooklyn during his prime tyson was considered unbeatable (wich means the best)....even cus d'amato alis and tysons manager said tyson is the best ever boxer hes fast powerfull and deadly i mean mike tyson beat the world record in his first time ever olympic fight doesnt that tell u anythink?... ali may be able to dance round the ring but tyson would bully ali he would run in with the head dodge thing what he does making it impossible to hit him then counter ali with the left and right...ali wouldnt no whats hit him.. its like if ur in a fight and this guy who ur fightin with is an animal and u no he can hit hard ur gonna back of and walk back. meaning the other guy to keeping the pressure on u(which is what tyson would do to ali)......so its tyson all the way for me !! :D peace!!
kyle
White Belt
White Belt

Postby J-Loc » Thu Dec 07, 2006 11:38 am

very hard win tyson ko in the 3rd
Matt Serra-"SMALL HAMMA FISTS ARE FINE"
J-Loc
Blue Belt
Blue Belt

Postby icedtea69 » Thu Dec 07, 2006 1:04 pm

Kyle did you register just to add that? :(
icedtea69
Brown(1) Belt
Brown(1) Belt

Postby Bruce » Fri Dec 08, 2006 4:54 am

well ..both fighters were legends of their own time. Both have exceeded peoples expectations..and i show great respect when it comes down to these 20th centuries finest as the sacrifices they made and obstacles they faced over the years on their path to glory were truly astonishing. But hell we talkin about Tyson here..the beast himself..and hell when hes mad - the hell brakes loose. In a worst case scenario ali would end up making friends with a crippled holyfield. It doesnt mean he wouldnt put up a gud fight in the ring..he'd simply wont deliver the results in time. Tysons tremendous power and exact precision would be too much for ali.

---------------------------------------------------
“Simplicity is the key to Brilliance” - Bruce Lee
Bruce
Yellow Belt
Yellow Belt

Postby rf ACE 1988 » Sun Jan 14, 2007 1:18 pm

what k ind of question is this............ali would wear him down........the greatets ever..tyson was a brawler
rf ACE 1988
Purple Belt
Purple Belt

Postby esoj » Fri Feb 02, 2007 5:05 pm

ali would win hands down hes the fastest heavyweight fighter in the would when he was at hes prim and with hes deadly combos... tyson would be twiching in a wheel chair
esoj
Orange Belt
Orange Belt

Re: Ali vs. Tyson who would win?

Postby Reymode » Mon Mar 05, 2007 9:28 am

Shadow wrote:Who would win Prime-Ali or Prime-Tyson? Both were awesome in their prime.

I vote Ali
Reymode
Red Belt
Red Belt

Postby icedtea69 » Mon Mar 05, 2007 3:04 pm

fuck that draft dodger
icedtea69
Brown(1) Belt
Brown(1) Belt

Postby GrappleorWrestle » Mon Mar 05, 2007 3:35 pm

He is that, but he was good at what he did. He played the game the way it should be, both physically and mentally. I cannot argue with the man's skill, but I can about other things....But I still do not see how some people say he is the greatest athlete of all time.
- E. Cates

- Dan Gable
GrappleorWrestle
Black Belt
Black Belt

PreviousNext

Return to Tae Kwon Do & Kung Fu