Total votes : 48

Postby icedtea69 » Tue Mar 06, 2007 2:23 pm

in my opinion lance armstrong is.
icedtea69
Brown(1) Belt
Brown(1) Belt

Postby Reymode » Fri Mar 09, 2007 12:54 pm

icedtea69 wrote:fuck that draft dodger

Dude, if it was a choice between what the did in their personal life, I still pick Ali. Because in that case it's a "draft dodger" vs. "convicted rapist".

But the discussion is who is the better boxer? And in my opinion Ali was better boxer. If it was football you would say he had a tougher strength of schedule :)

George Foreman
Sonny Liston
Ken Norton Sr.
Leon Spinks

Who did Mike Tyson go against again? :wink:
Reymode
Red Belt
Red Belt

ali vs tyson

Postby wxw » Tue Apr 10, 2007 3:49 pm

Ali would have schooled tyson, booth in their prime years, tyson gets frustrated easily and loses it, everyone seems to forhet a few things, ali ws 6 foot 5 and a big man with hell of alot of speed, i loved tyson but ali was as many a real boxer has put it a perfect all round boxer, i see no one has mentioned buster dougless is this a hidden memory for those tyson fans, tyson in his prime got ktfo in the 8th round, he had no bodys after that to fight, and then when real fighters came into play like i said he go frustrated, hollyfeild FRUSTRATED! lewis Frustrated, i know he was a little past the peak then but at the same age Ali Was still the world champ booth spint a ew nights in the cells, also saying george was just a smuck, this is the man who came back at the age of 47 and one the title.
Heres a fact for ya Tuas Left hand in his prime is a lot harder then tysons anyday, thats why tyson didnt want to fight him when David tuas promoters approched tysons. did you know also that when hollyfeid was training for the tyson fight David Tua was his sparing partner and knock hollyfield out a few times so in simple is tyson still all that Great I DONT THINK SO :evil:
Like Ali said I am the greatest there was is and ever will be
wxw
White Belt
White Belt

Postby J-Loc » Sun Apr 22, 2007 3:10 pm

it duz not even matter tyson just hits to hard
Matt Serra-"SMALL HAMMA FISTS ARE FINE"
J-Loc
Blue Belt
Blue Belt

Postby MR.billybadass » Sat Apr 28, 2007 12:59 am

im all for fly like a butterfly sting like a bee, but there is or i dont think ever will be any1 like tyson he could get leverage so easily with that small frame and idc wat ali did to foreman in zier or wherever the fuck it was i garauntee if tyson hit ali with that right hook left uppercut combo ali would start stumbling around
MR.billybadass
Green Belt
Green Belt

Re: Ali vs. Tyson who would win?

Postby Asa87 » Thu May 14, 2009 9:19 am

Have to resurrect this thread.

I'm split on this one, think I'd edge with tyson though. People are saying yea Ali is too fast, so much faster... yea with his legs. I mean C'mon you can't give Tyson punching power and leave it at that, his head movement was so fast it was almost mechanical and he was throwing 4 hooks in under a second at HW. So speed, Ali doesn't trump Tyson - yea he may have had a quicker jab and quicker legs but not quicker head movement or quicker hooks. So I think that levels them out of 'Speed'.

Ali played mind games and was great at it, often had an opponent defeated before they stepped in the ring and Tyson would be easy for him to anger. But you honestly think Tyson wasn't on the mind games either?? the most intimidating fighter in history I'd say, Imagine stepping in the ring and Tyson not breaking eye contact with you once.

They match up well but boxing was in a different state when they were both at their primes, and there's alot of IFs aswell. IF Ali hadnt been exiled he would have been even better... IF Cus D'Amato hadn't died Tyson wouldn't have gone off the rails.

It'd be a hell of a fight and both are legends of the sport... but I'm edging SLIGHTLY towards Tyson to take it.
"Simplicity is the key to brilliance" - Bruce Lee

"Imagination is more important than knowledge" - Albert Einstein
Asa87
Red Belt
Red Belt

Postby fightDR » Thu May 14, 2009 12:51 pm

Only 1 thing to say and thats it...ALI would win everyday of the week and twice on suday!!!
Love all mma, and big UFC fan but I do miss Pride.
Big Supporter or British MMA so a shout out to Micheal Bisbing, Paul Taylor and Dan Hardy who are representing well and makeing their mark in the UFC!!!
fightDR
Brown(3) Belt
Brown(3) Belt

Postby Asa87 » Fri May 15, 2009 3:05 pm

How then?

Asa87
Red Belt
Red Belt

Postby fightDR » Sat May 16, 2009 12:04 pm

Because I am to big a Ali fan to say different :lol: It's such a hypathetical anyway that my answer is a good a reason as any :lol: love being biast.
Big Supporter or British MMA so a shout out to Micheal Bisbing, Paul Taylor and Dan Hardy who are representing well and makeing their mark in the UFC!!!
fightDR
Brown(3) Belt
Brown(3) Belt

Postby Asa87 » Sat May 16, 2009 4:43 pm

I win.

Asa87
Red Belt
Red Belt

Postby fightDR » Sun May 17, 2009 2:45 am

:lol: why not!!!
fightDR
Brown(3) Belt
Brown(3) Belt

Postby Asa87 » Mon May 18, 2009 10:34 am

haha damn you... was trying to provoke a reaction!!!

Asa87
Red Belt
Red Belt

Postby fightDR » Tue May 19, 2009 3:44 am

Oh sorry...Asa you SoB how dare you!!! How could you say that you win or even doubt that Ali couldn't beat Tyson with 1 arm tied behind his back. You bastard :!: Hows that :lol:
fightDR
Brown(3) Belt
Brown(3) Belt

Previous

Return to Tae Kwon Do & Kung Fu