Login Sign Up

Anderson "The Spider" Silva

Talk about the fighters here.

Moderators: GrappleorWrestle, stevebags, Gurre

Re: Anderson "The Spider" Silva

Postby DisciplineHopes » Tue Aug 11, 2009 5:32 am

[quote="Kensei"]Silva is due a loss! I mean the guy does NOT have a perfect record, he is 25/4. While impressive he has lost to 3 guys by decision and submission. So he can be beat! First off you need someone to go in and put him on his back. He also tends to lose when he gets cocky and thinks he has it in the bag. His first fight asside he lost to a triangle by Takase in a barn burner at 8 plus minutes. His BJJ is good but not that good and then he lost to Chonnen by Scissor heel hook in the third round after he owned Chonnen the first two rounds. Chonnen saw the cocky and went in and did something unseen before, he took out Silva with a flying scissor to heel hook that shook the current champion!

He looked bad against henderson in the first round and most of the second, then Hendo lost his gas and fell into that RNC like he was looking for a way out. Travis Lutter had him for the first round and almost took the fight if not for those elbows and Lutter also running out of steam. Cote had him for two rounds, he was out boxing him and living past the fears that most guys have against the Spider, I am sure that Silva would have turned it on if not for the blown out knee that helped him along the way. granted he looked wicked confident against Forrest, Thales and Irvin but he is going to pay for his acting the fool in a fight!

My think is that I hope Dana white is not dumb enough to let him out of the championship with out him losing it to a contender. It lets Anderson do what he wants, leave the UFC to go boxing with wash outs![/quote]

give this guy hand! thats dead on imo.
DisciplineHopes
Red Belt
Red Belt

Postby shift » Sun Aug 30, 2009 10:04 am

Nate Marquardt right now looks like the best match for Anderson in the middle weight division, but I agree with Anderson's camp that Nate needs to fight Dan Henderson and the winner of that should determine who fights Anderson next. I hope UFC makes that happen. I have no doubts they will.
shift
Blue Belt
Blue Belt

Postby Kensei » Sun Aug 30, 2009 6:54 pm

Shift, if you believe that Anderson wants Marquardt to face Hendo just to find out who is the best challenge then you drank the cool aid! They want them to face off so that he has time to prepair and also in the hopes that one gets hurt or loses momentum. Right now if he faces Nate, who is on a roll, the chances are he is facing a beats. If he faces Dan who just KO'd a good striker and did so with a punch that would take anyones head off their shoulders, he is facing a beast!
By letting two beasts face each other it is always a hope that they hurt each other and the momentum is cut off. Silva is smart but really Dan is first in line. If he beats Dan and sticks to his word then he faces Nate a few months later. Nate is rested up...like he needs it..and Silva comes off as a champ that wants a challenge.

I see both guys on a roll able to land good strikes that Silva cant handle. His chin has never been tested as he is way to fast. His ground game is not challenged to much as well. But his true tallent is in making the other guy play his game. Of the two..>Nate has the best chance of beating Silva if he lands a shot like he did against Maia. Hendo has to load up way to much!

I truely hope that Silva takes his word and goes after both guys one after the other and does not pull a Fedor by ducking the best waiting for the rest. Stop dicking around in LHW and boxing BS and get in against Hendo then Nate!
Kensei

Postby qwerty » Sun Aug 30, 2009 10:00 pm

Well, since Silva already defeated both Marquardt and Hendo, I believe Silva shouldn't have to fight both again. The winner of Marquardt vs Hendo should be the 1# contender. I kind of like the matchup too.... Dan does the elbow and Marquardt stop himself from the slaughter. :)
qwerty
Black Belt
Black Belt

Postby Kensei » Mon Aug 31, 2009 4:07 am

qwerty, I think that the sooner and as often as the spider can compete in his home weight the better. By forcing Nate and Dan to battle they are just keeping Silva out of the ring! And who the fruck cares if he takes out another C/B level LHW? He already said no to a title challenge for Machida and he informed the UFC he would not resign after his contract is up...if champions can do that? So, give him a few tough guys to take the belt maybe and let him end his UFC run on a loss to a worthy fighter. Besides, Dan looked real good against him till he gassed out! Let dan face him and if he takes dan out with his swinging Bruce Lee impressions and hands down strategy then he can face down Nate! Win win for every one. and who he "should and should not" face is irrelevent...he needs to fight as a champion.

he is a funny guy, on one hand he wants to fight more often, on another he is avoiding fighting two possibly tough fights. Strange eh!
Kensei

Postby qwerty » Mon Aug 31, 2009 8:35 am

I see your point but if Shogun defeats Machida, which is all possible :) then Shogun can fight Silva for the strap.
qwerty
Black Belt
Black Belt

Postby shift » Mon Aug 31, 2009 2:30 pm

[quote="qwerty"]Well, since Silva already defeated both Marquardt and Hendo, I believe Silva shouldn't have to fight both again. The winner of Marquardt vs Hendo should be the 1# contender. I kind of like the matchup too.... Dan does the elbow and Marquardt stop himself from the slaughter. :)[/quote]

I agree with querty...he's already fought and beat both, why go there again and add more wear and tear to the body?
shift
Blue Belt
Blue Belt

Postby Kensei » Mon Aug 31, 2009 7:18 pm

uh, because that is what champions do. they fight guys that are number one contenders...even if it is for the fourth time!
Kensei

Postby qwerty » Tue Sep 01, 2009 8:40 am

So a fight between Marquardt and Hendo, a fight we haven't seen yet, doesn't intrique you at all? To me, there should only be one #1 contender and it is between these two guys - winner takes on Silva.
qwerty
Black Belt
Black Belt

Postby Kensei » Tue Sep 01, 2009 2:20 pm

[quote="qwerty"]So a fight between Marquardt and Hendo, a fight we haven't seen yet, doesn't intrique you at all? To me, there should only be one #1 contender and it is between these two guys - winner takes on Silva.[/quote]

It would be a good fight, but the champion should have a few fights lined up and not just one. I dont like it when a Champion gets one fight for the belt defense every 9 months! They should fight every three to four months for the strap to defend it and that is especially true if they are a very dominant fighter. Guys like Silva need to be challenged a and not just once a year or twice a year. The belt goes stale when he is board and fighting in LHW and soon HW will prove nothing.
Kensei

Postby DisciplineHopes » Wed Sep 02, 2009 5:32 am

[quote="Kensei"][quote="qwerty"]So a fight between Marquardt and Hendo, a fight we haven't seen yet, doesn't intrique you at all? To me, there should only be one #1 contender and it is between these two guys - winner takes on Silva.[/quote]

It would be a good fight, but the champion should have a few fights lined up and not just one. I dont like it when a Champion gets one fight for the belt defense every 9 months! They should fight every three to four months for the strap to defend it and that is especially true if they are a very dominant fighter. Guys like Silva need to be challenged a and not just once a year or twice a year. The belt goes stale when he is board and fighting in LHW and soon HW will prove nothing.[/quote]

i agree with this. its not the issue of hendo vs. marquardt. its ANYONE. he SHOULD be defending his belt more often, not just him all belt holders, in all corporations.
DisciplineHopes
Red Belt
Red Belt

Postby Kensei » Thu Sep 03, 2009 4:12 am

Exactly, you look at the issues that strikeforce is having right now, and what they are going to do about it.

First off you have Overeem who has not faught in Strike force since 2007 and now he has pulled out of a Strikeforce event and said he was to hurt, but he is doing a K1 even very soon and then another one in the European market....no strike force however and he is their HW champ.

Le is the same pretty much. Beat Frank shamrock for the belt and now is off doing movies and not training. Has not defended his belt since early 2009. That is crap!

Before they had some good fightrs Strike force was happy to have big names attached to the crown, but now that Fedor and Guys like Diaz are in the divisions looking to hunt down fights to get a championship run Strike force is not going to put up with that crap for much longer.

Silva says he wants to fight more often and challenge himself, well then he says "Marquardt and Henderson need to fight to find the number one contender"...BS! Fight Hendo in October and Marquardt in December and show you are a fighting champion. Or spread them out a bit more but fight them! I am not saying Silva is as bad as Overeem or Le, but his attitude is about the same.
Kensei

Postby DisciplineHopes » Thu Sep 03, 2009 5:28 am

[quote="Kensei"]Exactly, you look at the issues that strikeforce is having right now, and what they are going to do about it.

First off you have Overeem who has not faught in Strike force since 2007 and now he has pulled out of a Strikeforce event and said he was to hurt, but he is doing a K1 even very soon and then another one in the European market....no strike force however and he is their HW champ.

Le is the same pretty much. Beat Frank shamrock for the belt and now is off doing movies and not training. Has not defended his belt since early 2009. That is crap!

Before they had some good fightrs Strike force was happy to have big names attached to the crown, but now that Fedor and Guys like Diaz are in the divisions looking to hunt down fights to get a championship run Strike force is not going to put up with that crap for much longer.

Silva says he wants to fight more often and challenge himself, well then he says "Marquardt and Henderson need to fight to find the number one contender"...BS! Fight Hendo in October and Marquardt in December and show you are a fighting champion. Or spread them out a bit more but fight them! I am not saying Silva is as bad as Overeem or Le, but his attitude is about the same.[/quote]

i agree again. the hendo/marquardt fight is very interesting to me but i like what your saying. i mean 2007?! thats 2 years of nothing! at the VERY minimum there should be an interim champ or something if the "champ" can't defend a title in 2 years.
DisciplineHopes
Red Belt
Red Belt

Postby qwerty » Thu Sep 03, 2009 3:51 pm

Anderson Silva doesn't fight in Strikeforce however, he fights in the UFC. He does three fights a year and is no comparison to Le or Overeem. :)
qwerty
Black Belt
Black Belt

Postby DisciplineHopes » Fri Sep 04, 2009 5:37 am

[quote="qwerty"]Anderson Silva doesn't fight in Strikeforce however, he fights in the UFC. He does three fights a year and is no comparison to Le or Overeem. :)[/quote]

also very true but should there be a complaint on his end who he fights?
DisciplineHopes
Red Belt
Red Belt

PreviousNext

Return to Fighters