Association
Height 6'4 (193cm)
Weight 240lbs (109kg)
Style Kickboxing and Sambo
Birth Date 2-4-1979
City Minsk
State
Country Belarus

Andrei "The Pitbull" Arlovski (born February 4, 1979 in Minsk, Belarus) is a Belarusian mixed martial arts fighter and a former Ultimate Fighting Championship heavyweight champion.

A veteran of the UFC, he holds notable wins over such fighters as former UFC heavyweight champion Tim Sylvia, current IFL light heavyweight champion Vladimir Matyushenko, former Cage Rage heavyweight champion and current Cage Rage British light heavyweight champion Ian Freeman, and three-time world Brazilian jiu-jitsu champion Fabricio Werdum.

Many major MMA publications consider Arlovski to be one of the top ten ranked heavyweight fighters in the world.
Not to cross train cripples the martial arts, without it you can become a mechanic, but never an artist.
- E. Cates

Gold medals aren't really made of gold. They're made of sweat, determination, and a hard-to-find alloy called guts.
- Dan Gable
GrappleorWrestle
Black Belt
Black Belt

Postby Latvian Lunatic » Thu Jun 05, 2008 4:57 am

So, Although we pretty much knew.. Andei made it official that he's signed a 3 fight deal with Affliction. First opponent is Rothwell as planned.

PS it's Andrei not Andre.... for anyone with control of the name of the thread :)
Image ImageImage
Latvian Lunatic
Black Belt
Black Belt

Postby Kensei » Thu Jun 05, 2008 6:26 am

Sad to see him go. After Rothwell, does he think he can get Fedor? if not maybe Barnett...that is all that they have out their for him right now I think...well good match ups that we can see happen.

Even monkeys fall out of trees!
Kensei

Postby fightDR » Thu Jun 05, 2008 6:35 am

Kensei wrote:Sad to see him go. After Rothwell, does he think he can get Fedor? if not maybe Barnett...that is all that they have out their for him right now I think...well good match ups that we can see happen.

I gotta think he is going to batter Rothwell, even an average Arlovski can beat him the 'Pitbull' will kill him. The fight I would love to see is AA Vs Barnett, that would be a cracker. I would also love to see the best AA against the best Fedor but I dont ever see it happening.
The fight with AA I have always wanted to see would be against Sergei Khartinov (forgive the spelling) oh baby that would be awesome.
Love all mma, and big UFC fan but I do miss Pride.
Big Supporter or British MMA so a shout out to Micheal Bisbing, Paul Taylor and Dan Hardy who are representing well and makeing their mark in the UFC!!!
fightDR
Brown(3) Belt
Brown(3) Belt

Postby Latvian Lunatic » Thu Jun 05, 2008 6:55 am

I think it's good for now. He left UFC on good terms. I wish he had fough Big Nog, Vera and Mir. But, the three fights in Affliction are promising. After that he's free to go where he wants. UFC might even pay him better. Especially if he dismantles a few key non-ufc fighters.
Image ImageImage
Latvian Lunatic
Black Belt
Black Belt

Postby fightDR » Thu Jun 05, 2008 7:39 am

Well I think if he comes out aggressive and nasty wanting to win and win well then there will be so many doors open to him, every org in the world would want that pitbull on their books, but if he is the same AA we saw against Werdum just looking for the W then he will find it difficult to find himself in the top 5 or top 10 HWs in the world. If that happens then who knows what will happen to him and after a few of them fights honestly who would care. It's up to AA now!!!
Big Supporter or British MMA so a shout out to Micheal Bisbing, Paul Taylor and Dan Hardy who are representing well and makeing their mark in the UFC!!!
fightDR
Brown(3) Belt
Brown(3) Belt

Postby Kensei » Thu Jun 05, 2008 8:10 am

I have to say that AA is a marketable fighter only when he is ON! he does not have the out of ring Charisma like Baroni or Tito to draw attention. Love them or Hate them a few fighters will do well outside of the ring because they are larger than life charactors. Tank Abbot is another guy that people will pay money to see, even if it is as a big beer guzzling Can of a fighter.

AA better show up and tear down a few HW guys or he might have just left the only payday that will look good to him for a while.

Kensei

Postby Latvian Lunatic » Fri Jun 06, 2008 6:02 am

Kensei wrote:I have to say that AA is a marketable fighter only when he is ON! he does not have the out of ring Charisma like Baroni or Tito to draw attention. Love them or Hate them a few fighters will do well outside of the ring because they are larger than life charactors. Tank Abbot is another guy that people will pay money to see, even if it is as a big beer guzzling Can of a fighter.

AA better show up and tear down a few HW guys or he might have just left the only payday that will look good to him for a while.

I have faith,... I believe.. :D
Image ImageImage
Latvian Lunatic
Black Belt
Black Belt

Postby fightDR » Fri Jun 06, 2008 6:09 am

I think most have faith in him, I am actually 1 of them, but it's all up to him. He has everything he needs to go out there put on a great display and DESTROY Rothwell but if he hasn't got that hunger it will be very forgetable. he has a great camp but is it enough to a guy that doesn't feel it anymore. I saw a survey on Sherdog where 83% of people thought he would achieve big without the UFC so everybody behind him, like with BJ Penn all depends on which fighter shows up.
fightDR
Brown(3) Belt
Brown(3) Belt

Postby Kensei » Fri Jun 06, 2008 6:18 am

What AA needs to do is give up the fancy car, Gigalo gear and fly back and train with Fedor for a while. Do it hard old school style and then come in and Sambo Rothwells ass. Rothwell is a strong and accurate puncher and he might be able to Sylvia Arlovski if he is not careful. But change levels and drop Rothwelll to his back and hook a leg and break that ankle....now that is a fight stopper!

Why he felt his kick boxing was going to get him anywere I dont know! he needs to go back to his roots and rework it!

Kensei

Postby Latvian Lunatic » Fri Jun 06, 2008 9:30 am

Kensei wrote:What AA needs to do is give up the fancy car, Gigalo gear and fly back and train with Fedor for a while. Do it hard old school style and then come in and Sambo Rothwells ass. Rothwell is a strong and accurate puncher and he might be able to Sylvia Arlovski if he is not careful. But change levels and drop Rothwelll to his back and hook a leg and break that ankle....now that is a fight stopper!

Why he felt his kick boxing was going to get him anywere I dont know! he needs to go back to his roots and rework it!

I didnt want to say anything.. But his girlfriend dumped him.. so, I have a feeling he's got time to train.
Image ImageImage
Latvian Lunatic
Black Belt
Black Belt

Postby Kensei » Fri Jun 06, 2008 9:51 am

Latvian Lunatic wrote:I didnt want to say anything.. But his girlfriend dumped him.. so, I have a feeling he's got time to train.

Poor bastard! Well it is for the best...anyone got her number?

Kensei

Postby qwerty » Fri Jun 06, 2008 12:23 pm

Kensei wrote:
Latvian Lunatic wrote:I didnt want to say anything.. But his girlfriend dumped him.. so, I have a feeling he's got time to train.

Yes, it's 1-900-Big-Slut...

Andrei should dominate his next fight then. :)
qwerty
Black Belt
Black Belt

Postby Kensei » Fri Jun 06, 2008 12:32 pm

qwerty wrote:
Kensei wrote:

Yes, it's 1-900-Big-Slut...

Andrei should dominate his next fight then. :)

No no, Andreis ex not Titos girl :lol:

Kensei

Postby FEDORisGOD » Fri Jun 06, 2008 8:08 pm

Andrei broke up with that hott ass brunette?!?!?!?!? Is that who ur referring to Kensei?
FEDORisGOD

Next

Return to Fighters