Login Sign Up

Antonio Rodrigo Nogueira "Big Nog"

Talk about the fighters here.

Moderators: GrappleorWrestle, stevebags, Gurre

Postby jongurley » Sat Jun 28, 2008 3:37 pm

Mir looked real good againist lesnar,, and I know he will be in better condition for nog, I like Frank Mir as a fighter, I don't dislike nog but I have just payed more attention to Mir,, but it will be a great fight,, Mir and Nog are both the type of fighter that if you leave or make one mistake and leave a arm or leg out on the ground you are tapping,, I think it will be a great fight,
My Favorite Fighters
Heavyweight= Frank Mir
Light Heavyweight= Rampage
Middleweight= Anderson Silva
Welterweight= John Fitch
Lightweight= BJ Penn
jongurley
Yellow Belt
Yellow Belt

Postby FEDORisGOD » Sat Jun 28, 2008 4:15 pm

I dont think the fight will be great at all nor do I think Mir even deserves to be in the same ring with Nog. Who has Mir beaten? Lesnar and Antoni Hardonk? To deserve a title shot? Pahhleez, this is a prime example of the UFC picking the most marketable guy for a title shot rather than most deserving guy..cough cough **Werdum** who would make a MUCH MORE EXCTITING and COMPETITIVE fight with Big Nog.
FEDORisGOD

Postby Kensei » Sat Jun 28, 2008 6:26 pm

Yah and the Elite XC move to make Kimbo the main attraction when he does not warrent being on a undercard was not about marketing?

PAHHLEEEZ, The UFC is not doing anything that other companies are not doing as well....Granted I dont agree with it. I think Werdum should have battled Mir and then the winner got Nog. Only reason Mir is because he was a champion for a blink of an eye...that and who else do they have other than these two???

Even monkeys fall out of trees!
Kensei

Postby FEDORisGOD » Sat Jun 28, 2008 6:40 pm

Kensei wrote:Yah and the Elite XC move to make Kimbo the main attraction when he does not warrent being on a undercard was not about marketing?

PAHHLEEEZ, The UFC is not doing anything that other companies are not doing as well....Granted I dont agree with it. I think Werdum should have battled Mir and then the winner got Nog. Only reason Mir is because he was a champion for a blink of an eye...that and who else do they have other than these two???

WTF? Theres a difference between giving a guy the main event fight because of the PPV he generates and giving a guy an undeserved Title shot. Its not like Elite XC gave Kimbo a title shot. Horrible analoge Kensei.

Kimbo WAS deserving of main event because of PPV sales. Mir is NOT derserving of a title shot. Too completely different things.
FEDORisGOD

Postby Kensei » Sat Jun 28, 2008 6:59 pm

FEDORisGOD wrote:WTF? Theres a difference between giving a guy the main event fight because of the PPV he generates and giving a guy an undeserved Title shot. Its not like Elite XC gave Kimbo a title shot. Horrible analoge Kensei.

Kimbo WAS deserving of main event because of PPV sales. Mir is NOT derserving of a title shot. Too completely different things.

While I agree that Mir should not be fighting for the belt I dont agree that the analoge is wrong. Kimbo was given a fight because he put ass in the seats. Mir is being put against NOg because he will be a bigger draw than Werdum at this point...granted not by alot. but they also are doing it because NOG and him will be coaches. Why select him as a coach...NOG because he is the champ and Mir because he is white bread american and will sell seats! First they market him and then they let them fight...Hope that helps.

Back to the fight, I think Nog will clean house with Mirs face! an arm or leg will be snapped, or perhaps a nice lack of blood will cause Mir to see GOD!

Kensei

Postby jongurley » Sat Jun 28, 2008 7:06 pm

I will still have to disagree,, when you say Mir was a champ for a blink of a eye, that is true but he lost the belt because of the motorcycle wreck,, I am not saying would have held it for long but no one can hold that againist him,, I honestly thinks he deserves the title shot,, and Werdum can wait and fight the winner of Nog and Mir,, I think that is only fair,,
My Favorite Fighters
Heavyweight= Frank Mir
Light Heavyweight= Rampage
Middleweight= Anderson Silva
Welterweight= John Fitch
Lightweight= BJ Penn
jongurley
Yellow Belt
Yellow Belt

Postby FEDORisGOD » Sat Jun 28, 2008 7:08 pm

Fair enough, it just sucks how Mir gets a title shot just for the sake of TUF.

Back to the fight, I think Nog will beat him up on the feet and really hurt Mir with knees in the clinch. It will then go to the ground where Nog is superior to Mir and he will finish him with strikes from the full mount position much like Vera did.
FEDORisGOD

Postby Kensei » Sat Jun 28, 2008 7:10 pm

FIG I agree 100%

Kensei

Postby fightDR » Sat Jun 28, 2008 10:45 pm

Mir I don't think will even want to or try to strike with Nog for that matter. He knows the fight wil get to the ground but I believe he will think his BJJ is good enough to control Nog from the top positions. He might be right for the frirst 2 mins, then Nog will realise he has had much better and bigger guys on top of him. That when he will start to throw up submissions and try to reverse the position, which he will do....that is if Mir can get him on his back of course LOL.
I don't see Mir winning this at all...His GnP is nothing compared to the GnP he has faced from Fedor and many other guys. His subs are great but not coming close to his own. his Cardio is just not up where Nog's is even if he does come in great shape he will gas in Round 4 if the fight goes that long. Nog will finish Mir, prob through GnP but wouldn't suprise me if he subbed him when Mir is shattered out.

Mir I think will be a good coach and has the type of personnality that will make for good viewing. As a HW in the UFC he prob would be highly ranked right now, outside the UFC lucky to make top 10! Mir will get bums in seats and I imagine him having LOADS more fans after TUF but nothing will change my mind that WERDUM is a much more deserving fighter for the belt.
Love all mma, and big UFC fan but I do miss Pride.
Big Supporter or British MMA so a shout out to Micheal Bisbing, Paul Taylor and Dan Hardy who are representing well and makeing their mark in the UFC!!!
fightDR
Brown(3) Belt
Brown(3) Belt

Postby Jewish-Spy » Sun Jun 29, 2008 7:26 pm

There is one way Mir can win... pure luck! Nog is just way better at every single element of MMA
Jewish-Spy
Red Belt
Red Belt

Re: Antonio Rodrigo Nogueira "Big Nog"

Postby Kensei » Sun Aug 30, 2009 6:55 pm

Nog looked very good against Randy. I hope he gets the next shot at Brock after Carwin...if Carwin beats brock then I hope he gets Carwin!
Kensei

Postby qwerty » Sun Aug 30, 2009 9:53 pm

Well, he deserves it... I still think they need to split the HW division into two 206-230 and 231 to 265. UFC are coming with true HWs!
qwerty
Black Belt
Black Belt

Postby Kensei » Mon Aug 31, 2009 4:03 am

Correct me if I am wrong, but about 6 years ago didnt the UFC talk about a superheavy weight division and Dana said no...those fat fuckers dont move well and look like shit?
Kensei

Postby DisciplineHopes » Mon Aug 31, 2009 5:23 am

[quote="Kensei"]Correct me if I am wrong, but about 6 years ago didnt the UFC talk about a superheavy weight division and Dana said no...those fat fuckers dont move well and look like shit?[/quote]

not sure myself. i know i definatwly dont doubt something like that coming from danas mouth!
DisciplineHopes
Red Belt
Red Belt

Previous

Return to Fighters