Login Sign Up

B.J. Penn

Talk about the fighters here.

Moderators: GrappleorWrestle, stevebags, Gurre

Postby fightDR » Thu Jun 12, 2008 12:31 pm

I would aslo put Penn lower than 2nd in the P4P list. GSP would defo he higher than him.
As for BJ i want to see him stay at 155 and be the most dominant 155lb in the world and for that to happen for me the UFC should bring in Gomi for part 2.
Love all mma, and big UFC fan but I do miss Pride.
Big Supporter or British MMA so a shout out to Micheal Bisbing, Paul Taylor and Dan Hardy who are representing well and makeing their mark in the UFC!!!
fightDR
Brown(3) Belt
Brown(3) Belt

Postby Kensei » Wed Jun 25, 2008 5:42 am

How crazy is it that BJ just defended/got his belt and he already wants to move up to WW to face GSP? I mean this is the guy that a few months ago said this is "HIS" weight class and were he needs to be at!

Even monkeys fall out of trees!
Kensei

Postby qwerty » Wed Jun 25, 2008 8:46 am

It what keeps BJ motivated I guess... to redeem his lost (close split decision). GSP look like he got beat w/ an ulgy stick after that fight and Penn, not even a scratch. It's definately worthly of a rematch imo.
qwerty
Black Belt
Black Belt

Postby Kensei » Wed Jun 25, 2008 10:32 am

I agree a rematch is warrented, but perhaps after one of them has dropped a title. I think this mixing of weight classes is bad Mojo. what if BJ wins at WW, does he get both belts. What if GSP beats the living tar out of Penn this time...only one belt???

Kensei

Postby fightDR » Wed Jun 25, 2008 11:26 am

I think BJ is jumping the gun by talking about switching weights, yes he and GSP need a rematch at some point but i agree with Kens here, i don;t like someone holding belts at 2 weights, BJ has everything to gain and GSP has everything to lose.

There is no doubt BJ is the best LW in the UFC and prob in the world, but he has to solidify himself as it first vy winning more fights at 155 against whoever deserves a shot....then when he has dominated like Anderson has at MW then move up. IMHO anyway!!!
Big Supporter or British MMA so a shout out to Micheal Bisbing, Paul Taylor and Dan Hardy who are representing well and makeing their mark in the UFC!!!
fightDR
Brown(3) Belt
Brown(3) Belt

Postby Kensei » Wed Jun 25, 2008 2:01 pm

Exactly, prove you deserve the win and then go from their.

Kensei

Postby FEDORisGOD » Wed Jun 25, 2008 2:03 pm

I wanna see it. I personally dont give a shit about seeing BJ fight Huerta.

Make it happen.
FEDORisGOD

Postby qwerty » Wed Jun 25, 2008 2:48 pm

FEDORisGOD wrote:I personally dont give a shit about seeing BJ fight Huerta.

You think it would actually even be a fight? BJ is going to straight out submit Huerta by the first round unless he decides to toy with him first ...

Guys, you think BJ made Stevenson look like a fool in the octagon, he will make Huerta look like a chump. I doubt Huerta can even beat Joe Daddy.
qwerty
Black Belt
Black Belt

Postby fightDR » Wed Jun 25, 2008 10:58 pm

I would love to see a rematch between the 2, but both men have fights with guys in their weights first..
GSP has Fitch, Alves Poss Diego and who knows.
BJ has IMO Definatly Huerta, maybe Florian and in time prob Maynard!!! And PLS UFC BRING IN GOMI for the rematch I would much rather see.

Also I think Stevenson Vs Huerta would be an awesome fight and I would prob go for stevenson but Huerat has great hands and longer reach so would also be a very close fight. Although we are beaing a little premature talking bout Huerta Vs BJ, he has to beet Ken-Flo 1st.

Fight predictions
BJ Vs Huerta Touch fight with 3rd round sub win for Penn.
BJ V Ken-Flo - 1st round submission by Penn.
Huerta Vs Joe 'Daddy' - Decison for Joe, take downs prob being the factor.
Huerta Vs Ken-Flo Ko win for Huerta in 2nd...although thats a fingers crossed prediction i must admit...LOL.
GOMI Vs PENN - No idea, prob BJ but so close and what a rematch that would be...Now thats a real fingers crosses fight for me.
fightDR
Brown(3) Belt
Brown(3) Belt

Re: B.J. Penn

Postby fightDR » Thu Feb 05, 2009 7:59 am

BJ Penn has to stay at 155 in my opinion. The guy is good, really good at 155lbs but he hasn't beaten everyone yet. I believe he has got to beat Kenflo after the domination and improvements he has made in his fights and career.
This fight has to happen IMO, Kenflo has earnt it.
fightDR
Brown(3) Belt
Brown(3) Belt

Postby qwerty » Thu Feb 05, 2009 9:58 am

You're right, he hasn't beating everyone (155). I just don't see anyone in the UFC defeat him right now at 155lb. I like to see Joachim Hansen, Aoki, and Eddie Alvarez be in the mix though and I wouldn't mind BJ leaving UFC to fight those guys!
qwerty
Black Belt
Black Belt

Postby fightDR » Thu Feb 05, 2009 11:57 am

But don't you think Kenflo is worthy of his shot before any of those guys. I actually think with the way Kenny is fighting now and how well rounded he is...He has a chance to pull out a win against B.J, this fight HAS to happen.
fightDR
Brown(3) Belt
Brown(3) Belt

Postby qwerty » Thu Feb 05, 2009 12:54 pm

Sure, Kenflo deserves it. I'm sure it will happen... maybe UFC 100. But I would rather see a rematch between Kenflo and Diego "Dirty" Sanchez but this time @ 155.
qwerty
Black Belt
Black Belt

Postby Kensei » Thu Feb 05, 2009 2:15 pm

Fight predictions
BJ Vs Huerta First or second round Sub as Penn has no gas past that.
BJ V Ken-Flo - 1st round submission by Penn because after that Ken Flo opens a cut that gets the fight stopped.
GOMI Vs PENN - if it is for the belt then Gomi wins by KO, if not then he comes in over weight and gets dropped by an equally out of gas Penn.

Huerta Vs Joe 'Daddy' - I think Joe can out box him for sure and he is a stronger wrestler with better subs...so pick your poison!
Huerta Vs Ken-Flo Kenny opens him up and the fight is stopped in the second.
Kensei

Postby qwerty » Thu Feb 05, 2009 2:18 pm

Huerta vs Joe Daddy, Daddy by a CHOKE 1st round :) . and I've seen Huerta vs Ken-Flo already and don't care to see it again. Huerta's last fight should be against Sherk!
qwerty
Black Belt
Black Belt

PreviousNext

Return to Fighters