Login Sign Up

B.J. Penn

Talk about the fighters here.

Moderators: GrappleorWrestle, stevebags, Gurre

Re: B.J. Penn

Postby fightDR » Thu Feb 12, 2009 11:08 am

[quote="qwerty"]Huerta vs Joe Daddy, Daddy by a CHOKE 1st round :) . and I've seen Huerta vs Ken-Flo already and don't care to see it again. Huerta's last fight should be against Sherk![/quote]
I agree with both points.
BJ has got to fight Ken-Flo next. This fight is a must and I think it will be a great fight. Would favor BJ but not 100% positive and not prepared to bet on it either.
fightDR
Brown(3) Belt
Brown(3) Belt

Postby DarkHorse » Fri Feb 27, 2009 5:35 pm

I'd love to see Huerta/Florian 2. I believe Huerta had an off night and better Kenny a 2nd time around. Stevenson outbox Huerta? Nah, not after that crappy as hell boxing he showcased against Sanchez. The same combos over and over. The guy can't hit moving opponents worth sh...
DarkHorse
Orange Belt
Orange Belt

Postby C3RTIFI3DxNOVA » Tue Mar 03, 2009 8:37 am

bj is a good fighter but i cant say hes the best
C3RTIFI3DxNOVA
White Belt
White Belt

Postby qwerty » Thu Mar 12, 2009 8:54 am

What a sore loser BJ is becoming....who is encouraging him?

http://www.mmaweekly.com/absolutenm/tem ... 7&zoneid=2
qwerty
Black Belt
Black Belt

Postby Kensei » Fri Mar 13, 2009 5:48 am

No no...he is right. It was a no contest...right from the first bell he was no contest for GSP. Guy needs to get a grip and realize he was beat by the best and that is that. I just lost what little respect I had for that sobbing whimp.
Kensei

Postby Benito Sanchez » Mon Mar 23, 2009 12:28 pm

Was Penn telling the truth?

I found this on the UG this weekend but it has been removed.
I think Penn may have been telling the truth
----------------------------------------------------------

During the NSAC hearing Jason Parillo brought up Dave Weintraub's name and this is his statement.

Dave Weintraub Mar 19, 2009

I was in Hilo, Hawaii with BJ Penn (and team) from Jan. 8-22nd, doing workcompletely unrelated to the UFC.

While there I was present for discussions about St-Pierres suspected steroid use between BJ and others.

I later relayed this concern to other people, not connected with either camp, that certain discussions were taking

place;that this was a larger concern not just related to the fight, but to the sport in general.

One response I received was a text sent to me alluding that GSP was suspected of being a "greaser." I showed this

text to BJ Penn.

That was my involvement.

Regarding the commission, I had no knowledge at all that anyone connected with Team Penn, or anyone else, was

filing a warning, complaint, or anything else with the commission. Not days before, the day of, or days after.

Cheers.
Benito Sanchez
White Belt
White Belt

Postby Kensei » Mon Mar 23, 2009 2:24 pm

BJ will say anything at this point. As a welterweight he is grossly under sized, he is Chubby at that weight and not as strong as 90% of the welterweights. He then says that GSP is on roids, because he is a fat bastard and not as strong. he then says that he is greasing because he can not control the stronger fighter and at no time did he look like he was trying to use his BJJ...more like trying to not get hit in the face.

A few things have to be said before BJ and his bitching is laid to rest. First off BJ is natorious for not training properly for fights. He gasses and is out of shape. he has been shown to have the McDiet down pat but not eat proper for a fight. his training partners have told the press he is lazy and would rather take naps than push himself and being the chief of his school he can call it quits when he wants during a trainig work out for a match.

So we have lazy fat BJ penn who is natorious for not getting ready for fights. A guy that faught GSP before and other than getting a bit of a shot on the first fight basically held on for dear life....did not do much against anyone else at welterweight but is facing GSP...a fighter that has evolved, trains with a better camp and has taken everyone appart since his loss to serra! Yah, Juice and grease had something to do with his ass getting beat up. Next thing you know he will say GSP is gay because of the ass rape he just got.

Basically BJ penn does not know how to be a man, he is a bitchy little girl that can not take the fact that he was beat by a bigger, better prepaired and better fighter! End of story!
Kensei

Postby fightDR » Tue Mar 24, 2009 3:26 am

Yeah...you tell em Kensei. Just for the record I find it hard to disagree with most of that. Never been a Penn fan. He has good skills but his attitude and proffessionalism sucks. I have no time for cry babyes who think their shit don't stink!
fightDR
Brown(3) Belt
Brown(3) Belt

Postby Kensei » Tue Mar 24, 2009 4:50 am

Dont get me wrong, I agree. the guy is one of the most tallented grapplers alive, but he overshadows it with shitty attitude.

Besides, he has to take into account the old saying about BJJ fighters....Take a black belt and punch him in the face, you have a brown belt, punch him again and he is a purple belt, one more time and he is a blue belt. Nail him real hard and he turns into a white belt fending for his life....or just watch the BJ vs GSP fight for pictures of this happening.
Kensei

Postby fightDR » Tue Mar 24, 2009 7:27 am

I agree with the saying about BJJ fighters getting hit and we have seen it all 100s of times. BJ was not able to control GSP on the ground and as a result got beaten down bad. GSP controlled the pace, positioning well EVERY aspect of the fight. GSP is tailor made to beat BJ, his skills take BJ out of his game and his athletism is so good that it shows BJs lack of atletic ability. The guy has a great body for BJJ but his conditioning for going 25 mins in an MMA fight against a guy like 'The Rush' is a different ball game totally.
fightDR
Brown(3) Belt
Brown(3) Belt

Postby Kensei » Tue Mar 24, 2009 4:35 pm

natural skills and tallent often are not enough to beat hard work and conditioning!
Kensei

Postby fightDR » Wed Mar 25, 2009 11:51 am

If they did, BJ would have won :lol:
fightDR
Brown(3) Belt
Brown(3) Belt

Postby qwerty » Thu Mar 26, 2009 1:42 pm

Natural skill and talent with drive(dedication) should be able to defeat a larger, more athletic and scientific fighter. Too bad BJ lacks one key ingredient.
qwerty
Black Belt
Black Belt

Postby fightDR » Fri Mar 27, 2009 3:04 am

BJ shut up already and a tip from GSP...go hire a man to not only kiss you but take it that much further, (if you get me ;). That way you can stop talking out of your ass cos you are boring the hell out of everyone it seems with this crap. Start thinking about your next fight already.
fightDR
Brown(3) Belt
Brown(3) Belt

Postby Kensei » Mon Apr 27, 2009 3:49 am

BJ penn is still flapping his gums about how GSP is no real champ because he greesed up...does not mention he was getting his arse kicked before the failed attempt to wrestle with him.

Now what is he really going to say when Florian starts nailing him with elbows?
Kensei

PreviousNext

Return to Fighters