Login Sign Up

Bas Rutten

Talk about the fighters here.

Moderators: GrappleorWrestle, stevebags, Gurre

Postby FEDORisGOD » Thu Apr 24, 2008 2:10 pm

Too many injuries for Bas. Even in the end of his career he ate pain killers like Tic Tacs. Bas is done.
FEDORisGOD

Postby GrappleorWrestle » Thu Apr 24, 2008 6:09 pm

There's a few others out there like Bas. Hard to put something you love down though.
Not to cross train cripples the martial arts, without it you can become a mechanic, but never an artist.
- E. Cates

Gold medals aren't really made of gold. They're made of sweat, determination, and a hard-to-find alloy called guts.
- Dan Gable
GrappleorWrestle
Black Belt
Black Belt

Postby Kurt » Tue Sep 16, 2008 10:21 am

I would love to see Bas back in the ring/cage, but to be honest I don't wan't him to do a comeback. I mean when he retired he was undefeated his last 22 fights, not to many fighters have done something like that, making a comeback now and losing would destroythat and why should he do it. No, I want to keep my image of Bas as the best fighter to ever have lived, maybe it is bold of me to say it but to me, he truly is the best fighter ever.
ohh my god...I dropped my pants!!
Kurt
Orange Belt
Orange Belt

Postby fightDR » Tue Sep 16, 2008 11:06 am

Well he definatly shouldn't make a comeback, agree with you 100% there. Not quite with you on the best fighter comment but hey we all have our favourites take me being a Bisping fan :lol:
Love all mma, and big UFC fan but I do miss Pride.
Big Supporter or British MMA so a shout out to Micheal Bisbing, Paul Taylor and Dan Hardy who are representing well and makeing their mark in the UFC!!!
fightDR
Brown(3) Belt
Brown(3) Belt

Postby Dannytsg » Tue Sep 16, 2008 2:31 pm

He should concentrate on making more of his really really cool street defence DVD instructionals as his first 2 lots were awesome :lol:

On a serious note Bas was in my opinion about 5-8 years too early. Imagine a heavyweight with his talent and fighting ability mixing it up with the heavyweights today and i could see him owning the heavyweight title too. Bas vs Randy would have been awesome but Bas is done. Training is now his thing along with his commentating and presenting.
Fighting is a hit and miss game. Are you prepared to pay the price if you miss?
Dannytsg
Orange Belt
Orange Belt

Postby Kurt » Tue Sep 16, 2008 2:34 pm

Dannytsg wrote:He should concentrate on making more of his really really cool street defence DVD instructionals as his first 2 lots were awesome :lol:

On a serious note Bas was in my opinion about 5-8 years too early. Imagine a heavyweight with his talent and fighting ability mixing it up with the heavyweights today and i could see him owning the heavyweight title too. Bas vs Randy would have been awesome but Bas is done. Training is now his thing along with his commentating and presenting.

To be honest I don't think he retired a second to early, of course we all wanted to see more of him but thats the whole point of retiring when you are at the top right? we all want more of him and will remember him as one of the best.
Kurt
Orange Belt
Orange Belt

Postby Asa87 » Tue Sep 16, 2008 4:17 pm

I also think Bas is one the best fighters EVER. when I think about him fighting even fedor I lean towards Bas Rutten, anyone see that MMA sports science thing??!

Holy shit.
"Simplicity is the key to brilliance" - Bruce Lee

"Imagination is more important than knowledge" - Albert Einstein
Asa87
Red Belt
Red Belt

Postby qwerty » Tue Sep 16, 2008 9:05 pm

Yeah, Bas hits hard!!!
qwerty
Black Belt
Black Belt

Postby Kurt » Tue Sep 16, 2008 11:26 pm

yeah, they measured his kicks, they do more damage than an average car crash...
ohh my god...I dropped my pants!!
Kurt
Orange Belt
Orange Belt

Previous

Return to Fighters