Login Sign Up

Bobbt Lashley Possible TUF Tryout

Moderators: GrappleorWrestle, Forum Moderators

Bobbt Lashley Possible TUF Tryout

Postby qwerty » Fri Apr 03, 2009 2:13 pm

http://mmajunkie.com/news/14456/bobby-lashley-on-possible-tuf-tryout-i-think-it-would-be-great.mma

First of, if he does make, and get to the show, and possibly win, it's a bad idea. He is marketable and can make a lot more money than going to TUF (it's a lousy contract) - i'm sure he will be in the UFC someday.
qwerty
Black Belt
Black Belt

Re: Bobbt Lashley Possible TUF Tryout

Postby fightDR » Sat Apr 04, 2009 2:57 am

He needs to learn more skills and get shit loads better before he gets in the UFC. I am aware Brock came to the UFC with no experience and not much MMA skill but his wrestling credentials are quite high and are a GREAT base. Lashely does not posses the wrestling of Brock and so far he has done pooh. At least Brock in his first fight showed something. Even in his loss to Mir he was beating his ass before inexperience showed.
Lashley on TUF...I don't know. Quick fix maybe but I too would rather see him fight in other shows racking up fights and wins. Get with a top team with diverse trainers and training partners and work hard. I don't think Lashley can have a quick fix to his mma weaknesses.
Love all mma, and big UFC fan but I do miss Pride.
Big Supporter or British MMA so a shout out to Micheal Bisbing, Paul Taylor and Dan Hardy who are representing well and makeing their mark in the UFC!!!
fightDR
Brown(3) Belt
Brown(3) Belt

Re: Bobbt Lashley Possible TUF Tryout

Postby Kensei » Sun Apr 05, 2009 8:51 am

I do not agree....with either of you. First off he is a D level guy that only has the ability and skills to hit C level at best! With the right training and exposure he could make it to C off this show. He needs coaching, training, Time and Marketing to make it big and TUF might be just what he needs. And Lesnar in the UFC is good for him, paving the road so to speak!

As far as his wrestling goes, he is about as good as Lesnar. Both have good grappling skills, but Lesnar may have the edge. Lashly was a wrestler and military champ so he is no slouch. Most people think he was only WWE kind of wrestling, and dont know his REAL Credentials. And Lesnar looked silly in his first few fights. His only skills are his bulk and strength. I have been told by friends that are wreslters that if he was not as strong he would suck. His technique is so off that he has to muscle guys around. Lashly has better technique but is not as big and strong. Not only that...this is MMA. The learning curve is huge and the single minded skill sets often Die quickly.

If Lashly can pick up BJJ and striking as fast as he picked up the Pro-wrestling stunts we might have a good fighter here.

Not only that but if he doesnt....the TUF show will prove it to him and he can be weeded out fast.

Even monkeys fall out of trees!
Kensei

Return to MMA & NHB