Login Sign Up

Brandon Vera

Talk about the fighters here.

Moderators: GrappleorWrestle, stevebags, Gurre

Postby fightDR » Mon Aug 04, 2008 6:47 am

Tchernobog wrote:
And he more than likely will lose.

Fixed. :wink:

Ha, the UFC is throwing Vera to the wolves.

Well I wouldn't say they are throwing him to the wolves but what they are doing is giving him top level competition to see if he is as good at fighting as he is as running his mouth.
I don't doubt his skill as, i thik he is a very good fighter but now lets see if he is a great fighter. Personnally I don't think he is. As for heart I really dont think he has it and quite frankly even though I am not a Jardie fan would love to see him beat down 'The Truth'. :lol:
Love all mma, and big UFC fan but I do miss Pride.
Big Supporter or British MMA so a shout out to Micheal Bisbing, Paul Taylor and Dan Hardy who are representing well and makeing their mark in the UFC!!!
fightDR
Brown(3) Belt
Brown(3) Belt

Postby Kensei » Tue Aug 05, 2008 4:57 am

I kinda agree with FightDr. I kinda would not mind seeing Vera get his ass raked over the coals. He has a rather big mouth and needs to be taken down a knotch or two!

Even monkeys fall out of trees!
Kensei

Postby qwerty » Tue Aug 05, 2008 8:27 am

Are you sayin' Vera to WEC?
qwerty
Black Belt
Black Belt

Postby Kensei » Wed Aug 06, 2008 4:50 am

No, I think a mighty big ass whooping will do. Sending a big man to WEC is a great way to get him back in two weeks when they shut down the LHW and HW divisions over their. Vera is a great fighter, but all this "I am getting two belts" BS when he can not hang with good HWs is stupid. He needs to cut to the LHW and do some damage and not sit back and eat his doritios and stay at HW then struggle to make LHW and look like crap when fight time comes.

Even monkeys fall out of trees!
Kensei

Postby fightDR » Thu Aug 07, 2008 5:53 am

I agree with Kensie, I do believe he belongs in the UFC but he has got to get his hunger and agression back to show he belongs with the top guys. This to weight division champion bull shit is exactly that. He doesn't have a chance to beat guys like Big Nog and his best chance would be to drop to LHW permanantly.
I still don't think he can even beat the top 205lb guys but with the right mind set and hunger maybe he could get to be a good contender and a top fighter. He has run his mouth alot and needs to now show he can really back it up, it's now or never Brandon. A good ass kicking might be what he needs to get him to that frame of mind again.
Big Supporter or British MMA so a shout out to Micheal Bisbing, Paul Taylor and Dan Hardy who are representing well and makeing their mark in the UFC!!!
fightDR
Brown(3) Belt
Brown(3) Belt

Postby qwerty » Thu Aug 07, 2008 8:31 am

His "hunger" got him screwed up when he drop to 205lb to begin with. I mean literally....it wasn't an easy cut for him.
qwerty
Black Belt
Black Belt

Postby fightDR » Thu Aug 07, 2008 8:51 am

There is no reason why it shouldn't be to hard for him, there are far biggre guys that cut far more weight than him, if he lives better and trains in a way to make weight it would be far easier for him. I have no sympathy for him at all, if he pushed himself harder he would make the weight no problem, or did I miss the hunger gag then :lol:
fightDR
Brown(3) Belt
Brown(3) Belt

Postby DarkHorse » Sat Aug 30, 2008 8:27 pm

I'm still keeping my hopes up for this kid. If he'd just get his act together he'd be a beast.
DarkHorse
Orange Belt
Orange Belt

Postby fightDR » Sun Aug 31, 2008 2:44 am

DarkHorse wrote:I'm still keeping my hopes up for this kid. If he'd just get his act together he'd be a beast.

You put that well actually, if he can get his act together I totally agree with. He has decent skills but lately he hasn't showed the heart of a top fighter.Lets see if he turns up to face Jardine.
fightDR
Brown(3) Belt
Brown(3) Belt

Re: Brandon Vera

Postby fightDR » Wed Oct 08, 2008 10:22 am

Brandon Vera Vs. Keith Jardine....Hmmmm

This to me is a real tough fight. Firstly do I really want to see this as both mens last fights in loss and victory were not good. Vera has the potential to come out and KO Keith in secs and Keith could easily pick Vera apart and win. This to me could be a cracking fight but even with what both men can bring to the table I just don't see this being a good fight or even a fight that makes even the slightest difference in the LHW division.
Am I wrong and being a little harsh???
fightDR
Brown(3) Belt
Brown(3) Belt

Postby qwerty » Wed Oct 08, 2008 11:46 am

Think of Jardine as a gatekeeper in the LHW. That is basically what he is. This will be a true test for Vera and to validate that he really belongs in the elite 205lbers. Vera needs to be aggressive on this fight as Jardine have issues with those style of fighters - Houston and Wandy.

From what I heard, he's been condition training with Rhadi Ferguson and now Vera walks around at 205lbs.
qwerty
Black Belt
Black Belt

Postby fightDR » Thu Oct 09, 2008 7:56 am

For me Vera has to win this fight and not by decision but win it convincingly. He has really got to look to KO or sub Jardine. Which as we saw with Forrest Griffin it is much harder than it looks.
Vera could be an awesome 205lb fighter and if he wins this could set up a real good tough fight for him, would love for the UFC to feed him to Wanda...Heaven!

Jardine will probably have a very good game plan knowing what camp he comes from but it's whether Vera lets him stick to it. Jardine I think should come out all guns blazing and throw his awkward punches and kicks to not wear down Vera but KO the bugger. Not a big fan of either guy so here I am just looking for a good fight which I am not sure we will get.
fightDR
Brown(3) Belt
Brown(3) Belt

Postby Kensei » Tue Mar 10, 2009 4:59 am

Vera looked way better this time round. He looked like he was in better shape and landed more leg kicks than he had before. I think he is workin it out and finding his stride.
Kensei

Previous

Return to Fighters