Name Cain Velasquez
Record 4 - 0 - 0 (Win - Loss - Draw)
Wins 4 (T)KOs ( 100 %)
Association American Kickboxing Academy
Height 6'2 (188cm)
Weight 245lbs (112kg)
City Yuma
Country USA

Cain Velasquez is a American born MMA fighter. He's a former All-American collegiate wrestler from Arizona State and currently competes in the UFC in the Heavyweight division. He has won both of his fights in the UFC in the first round.
Not to cross train cripples the martial arts, without it you can become a mechanic, but never an artist.
- E. Cates

Gold medals aren't really made of gold. They're made of sweat, determination, and a hard-to-find alloy called guts.
- Dan Gable
GrappleorWrestle
Black Belt
Black Belt

Postby DarkHorse » Sun Aug 31, 2008 9:02 pm

I've got high hopes for this guy. That was one hell of a performance he showed in his fight with O'brien, I was mighty impressed with his ability to dominate that crucifx the way he did. Even with O'Brien moving around and trying to use the cage to escape Cain was able to keep that thing locked in. That's a task I don't even think Hughes could've pulled off in his heyday.
DarkHorse
Orange Belt
Orange Belt

Postby fightDR » Mon Sep 01, 2008 1:58 am

SO far SO good. Been very impressed with him and hopefully the UFC can give him some tough fights as right now he is ready for it and think he could thrive from a tough challenge.
Love all mma, and big UFC fan but I do miss Pride.
Big Supporter or British MMA so a shout out to Micheal Bisbing, Paul Taylor and Dan Hardy who are representing well and makeing their mark in the UFC!!!
fightDR
Brown(3) Belt
Brown(3) Belt

Postby Koulikov » Mon Sep 01, 2008 8:36 pm

wow, he looks mean
Undertaker
Fedor Emelianenko

The Best of the best

Koulikov
Blue Belt
Blue Belt

Postby fightDR » Tue Sep 02, 2008 2:12 am

Koulikov wrote:wow, he looks mean

Yeah, I am with you there. But then again so many people look mean and are bloody useless :lol: Not that he is by the way, as I have already said I have high hopes for him.

Do you remember in UFC 40 something 44 or 45 maybe there was a guy called wade ship also seen him on some other smaller shows anyway he looked mean as F#$K, was even called the nightmare. He really did look mean as anything but what a useless sissy :lol:
Sorry for the flash back just couldn't think of a better example of someone looking mean and being well a gimp!
Big Supporter or British MMA so a shout out to Micheal Bisbing, Paul Taylor and Dan Hardy who are representing well and makeing their mark in the UFC!!!
fightDR
Brown(3) Belt
Brown(3) Belt

Postby Koulikov » Tue Sep 02, 2008 12:09 pm

I can remember 2 good examples of a mean guy being humiliated.

Ralph Gracie vs Takanori Gomi at Pride.
Ralphe looked really mean, and then he lost in 6 seconds by KO.

And the other is very famous, James THompson vs Aleksander Emelianenko.
Thompson was with a face of "I am gonna kill you" and Aleks was with a face like he was trying to remember if he switched off the light of the bathroom.
Aleks then Knocked out James in 12 seconds.

Returning to Cain, it seems to me like Mauricio Shogun Rua, just bigger, more mean and with a tatoo
Undertaker
Fedor Emelianenko

The Best of the best

Koulikov
Blue Belt
Blue Belt

Postby fightDR » Wed Sep 03, 2008 2:44 am

He is definatly a talent andcould be what the UFC and even the HW division needs. They now need to start thinking about challenging him with some good competition (if such a thing exists in the HW division :lol). He isn't quite ready for Verdum or Big Nog but maybe Herring or Kongo, something on them lines anyway!
fightDR
Brown(3) Belt
Brown(3) Belt

Re: Cain Velasquez

Postby Reymode » Tue Feb 15, 2011 9:51 am

Ever since I saw this guy fight, he became my favorite HW in MMA.
Reymode
Red Belt
Red Belt

Postby GordonAkman » Tue Feb 22, 2011 3:05 am

I rate him very highly. I mean.. how couldn't you. The HW division is so stacked at the moment that to get to the top you have to handle so many tough guys. I do think Junior Dos Santos will beat him though. I don't think anyone of them will be champ long at the moment. The division is just too stacked. I will be very surprised if any UFC HW champ defends his title more than a couple times during the next few years.
GordonAkman
White Belt
White Belt

Postby Reymode » Fri Mar 04, 2011 6:24 am

I think Junior is a great fighter. His stand up is realy good his BJJ is excellent. But I don't know how he's going to be able to counter Cain's wrestling.
Reymode
Red Belt
Red Belt

Return to Fighters