Login Sign Up

Chuck Liddell

Talk about the fighters here.

Moderators: GrappleorWrestle, stevebags, Gurre

Postby Kensei » Fri Mar 28, 2008 5:21 am

I agree, the first two were a split for me. The third is were chuck figured he was not going to KO this MOFO and had to change to a decision win strategy...hell he threw in the TD attempts to prove his point about domination....just not as one sided as some say.

Even monkeys fall out of trees!
Kensei

Postby Jewish-Spy » Fri Mar 28, 2008 6:13 pm

Oh common not that dominant. OK fine Chcukc the decision but it should have been 29 : 28
Jewish-Spy
Red Belt
Red Belt

Postby fightDR » Sat Mar 29, 2008 4:31 am

I actually agree with Jewish-Spy there...it was not a dominant 30-27 win wandi gave him a hell of a horrid fight and it was a 29-28 fight all day long IMO opinion to.
Love all mma, and big UFC fan but I do miss Pride.
Big Supporter or British MMA so a shout out to Micheal Bisbing, Paul Taylor and Dan Hardy who are representing well and makeing their mark in the UFC!!!
fightDR
Brown(3) Belt
Brown(3) Belt

Postby FEDORisGOD » Sat Mar 29, 2008 1:21 pm

29-28 in Chuck's favor. No more, no less.
FEDORisGOD

Postby Jewish-Spy » Sun Mar 30, 2008 4:44 pm

i feel all the love here kinda like Anderson displayed for Rich after he demolished him.
Jewish-Spy
Red Belt
Red Belt

Postby fightDR » Mon Mar 31, 2008 12:02 pm

thats a prett fair assesment, but we need someone to say something mean or stupid to shake things up and make some tension. LOL!!!
Big Supporter or British MMA so a shout out to Micheal Bisbing, Paul Taylor and Dan Hardy who are representing well and makeing their mark in the UFC!!!
fightDR
Brown(3) Belt
Brown(3) Belt

Postby fightDR » Mon Jun 23, 2008 12:08 am

I have just seen now that for UFC 88 the main event will be Chuck Vs Rashad. For a main event PPV event I have got to say that sucks.
I thought that the planned fight for 85 was a late replacement deal that obviously didn't happen, didn't realise they saw it as a genuine Main Event fight. Very poor and i hope they have some other big fights or UFC 88 will suck!!!
fightDR
Brown(3) Belt
Brown(3) Belt

Postby qwerty » Mon Jun 23, 2008 8:34 am

Liddell vs Rashad is just plain stupid!
qwerty
Black Belt
Black Belt

Postby fightDR » Mon Jun 23, 2008 8:51 am

qwerty wrote:Liddell vs Rashad is just plain stupid!

plain bloody boring more like...and it's not a bloody main event, not even worthy to be co main event. UFC digging the barrell with this one :!:
fightDR
Brown(3) Belt
Brown(3) Belt

Postby Jewish-Spy » Mon Jun 23, 2008 9:50 pm

Hmmm reads to me like most think UFC is starting to crumble...
Jewish-Spy
Red Belt
Red Belt

Postby Guillaume » Mon Jun 23, 2008 11:13 pm

Nah, it still has a stranglehold on MMA. If you are going to do Rashad vs. Chuck it had better be a double main event or the card should be stacked.
Guillaume
Blue Belt
Blue Belt

Postby Kensei » Tue Jun 24, 2008 7:27 am

Jewish-Spy wrote:Hmmm reads to me like most think UFC is starting to crumble...

LMAO, yah.....and the US is starting to look like a third world nation, the pope is converting to Islam and Boobs are no longer important to men!

Come on, when you put on 12 main cards a year, 4-6 fight nights, a TUF show with a wind up, the odd card just for shits and giggles....thats 18 odd fight cards...one or two have to be weaker than the rest.

The UFC is not starting to Crumble. it is starting to show that they are pushing for more cards and not always giving the best fights to us MMA nerds.

If you ask the common guy on the street about this fight they might say it is huge! Chuck is well known and most of the 'new' fans are TUF fans first. They all know who Rashad is and now they get to see their two heros go at it....Wahoooo! :roll:

Personally I think it is stupid, does not prove anything and if chuck takes the fight he gets a belt match???? Really, Rashad is not that easy a fight...but he is not that hard of a fight as well!!!!

Even monkeys fall out of trees!
Kensei

Postby fightDR » Wed Jun 25, 2008 11:41 am

I don't think the UFC is starting to crumble, far from it really but the Chuck Vs Rashad main event is just plain garbage, its got boring dull fight written all over it. Dana just wants chuck to beat a fighter people know so added to the wandi win he has he will get another title shot, but regardless of who wins i want Chuck Vs Shogun...so bad do i want to see that!!!
fightDR
Brown(3) Belt
Brown(3) Belt

Postby GrappleorWrestle » Sun Jun 29, 2008 8:50 pm

I got to go to Atl and meet them on Friday.

Couldn't tell if Chuck was having a good time or not. But the damn coordinator lady was ushering people through him faster than two cops going through a dozen doughnuts on a stakeout. Met him before and seemed more excited and into it. I asked him a question and he just sat there for a second before signing my book and poster. Of course I did ask him how was he could have a beer belly one minute and a six pack another.

Rashad was very nice and very well spoken. His wife(?) was there with him and she seemed supportive. He asked me how my day was going and if I had a long drive.

It was a pretty good day.
Not to cross train cripples the martial arts, without it you can become a mechanic, but never an artist.
- E. Cates

Gold medals aren't really made of gold. They're made of sweat, determination, and a hard-to-find alloy called guts.
- Dan Gable
GrappleorWrestle
Black Belt
Black Belt

Postby fightDR » Sun Jun 29, 2008 10:53 pm

GrappleorWrestle wrote:I got to go to Atl and meet them on Friday.

Couldn't tell if Chuck was having a good time or not. But the damn coordinator lady was ushering people through him faster than two cops going through a dozen doughnuts on a stakeout. Met him before and seemed more excited and into it. I asked him a question and he just sat there for a second before signing my book and poster. Of course I did ask him how was he could have a beer belly one minute and a six pack another.

Rashad was very nice and very well spoken. His wife(?) was there with him and she seemed supportive. He asked me how my day was going and if I had a long drive.

It was a pretty good day.

Well come on GoW, don't tell me you didn't take a camera with you and if you did share the welth mate...don't be shy 8) HAHA!!!
fightDR
Brown(3) Belt
Brown(3) Belt

PreviousNext

Return to Fighters