Login Sign Up

Chuck Liddell

Talk about the fighters here.

Moderators: GrappleorWrestle, stevebags, Gurre

Postby GrappleorWrestle » Mon Jun 30, 2008 7:36 am

No, I had one. My girl was taking pictures but I look horrid. I stayed up all night, drove all day, and didn't shave.

I will get some pics later and post them.

Chuck better win this or I do not know what will happen.
Not to cross train cripples the martial arts, without it you can become a mechanic, but never an artist.
- E. Cates

Gold medals aren't really made of gold. They're made of sweat, determination, and a hard-to-find alloy called guts.
- Dan Gable
GrappleorWrestle
Black Belt
Black Belt

Postby fightDR » Mon Jun 30, 2008 7:46 am

Well I am not the biggest Chuck Fan in the world, but I really do want him to win and KO rashad. I don't want Rashad to be in the title picture.
Love all mma, and big UFC fan but I do miss Pride.
Big Supporter or British MMA so a shout out to Micheal Bisbing, Paul Taylor and Dan Hardy who are representing well and makeing their mark in the UFC!!!
fightDR
Brown(3) Belt
Brown(3) Belt

Postby qwerty » Mon Jun 30, 2008 10:13 am

I've met him once myself during a Xyience promo. He didn't want to be there either signing posters. LOL. Maybe it was becuase I was the last guy in line too.

The lady you saw is probably some sort of marketing director - i'm sure an event staff employee. Did she offered to take the picture or something? Hot and dirty blonde lady?
qwerty
Black Belt
Black Belt

Postby GrappleorWrestle » Mon Jun 30, 2008 10:30 am

Nah, dark haired and mean as pushy as door-to-door salesman.

I am a happy person and I cannot help but smile. That's just how I am. I smile when I get punched in the face or choked out. I just love being able to do what I love and enjoy.
Not to cross train cripples the martial arts, without it you can become a mechanic, but never an artist.
- E. Cates

Gold medals aren't really made of gold. They're made of sweat, determination, and a hard-to-find alloy called guts.
- Dan Gable
GrappleorWrestle
Black Belt
Black Belt

Postby FEDORisGOD » Mon Jun 30, 2008 10:49 am

Cool pics man, thanks for sharing. What are your dimensions? You look much bigger than Chucky
FEDORisGOD

Postby GrappleorWrestle » Mon Jun 30, 2008 10:59 am

5'10" and 205-210 lbs. depending on how my diet is. Chuck didn't seem as "big" as he used to be, but he is still as tall of course.
- E. Cates

- Dan Gable
GrappleorWrestle
Black Belt
Black Belt

Postby qwerty » Mon Jun 30, 2008 11:40 am

Is your woman a ring girl? :)
qwerty
Black Belt
Black Belt

Postby Jewish-Spy » Tue Jul 01, 2008 6:42 pm

>>Chuck didn't seem as "big" as he used to be<<... what does that mean?
This girl is edible !
Jewish-Spy
Red Belt
Red Belt

Postby GrappleorWrestle » Tue Jul 01, 2008 8:17 pm

I have met him at another signing and he was bigger than, or to me he seemed bigger. The one before this was a year or so ago.
- E. Cates

- Dan Gable
GrappleorWrestle
Black Belt
Black Belt

Postby fightDR » Wed Jul 02, 2008 11:05 pm

Cool pics bro, thanks for posting them. Makes me wish I had gone to UFC in London recently. I love interacting with the fighters, nice one mate. Seems like a good day!!!
Love all mma, and big UFC fan but I do miss Pride.
Big Supporter or British MMA so a shout out to Micheal Bisbing, Paul Taylor and Dan Hardy who are representing well and makeing their mark in the UFC!!!
fightDR
Brown(3) Belt
Brown(3) Belt

Re: Chuck Liddell

Postby qwerty » Thu Mar 19, 2009 2:41 pm

http://www.fightline.com/news/mma/2009/ ... ndex.shtml

they can only be buddies for so long... business is business!
qwerty
Black Belt
Black Belt

Postby fightDR » Fri Mar 20, 2009 6:40 am

I agree with the business is business thing...how can I not.

However I do think Dana and Chuck have a friendship to go along with it. It's built on the fact that CHuck is a fighter and is actually a proffessional. Dana has respect for real fighters and if he sees that in Chuck with what they have been through together I think it's real. I however could be wrong but thats how I see it.
fightDR
Brown(3) Belt
Brown(3) Belt

Postby qwerty » Sat Mar 21, 2009 12:32 am

no pressure Chucky... :)
qwerty
Black Belt
Black Belt

Postby Kensei » Sat Mar 21, 2009 7:17 am

LMAO, actually that shows a lot of respect for his friendship when you think of it. He is not just about the money! And it also shows alot of great business thinking, he is still letting him have one good shot at redemption. Personally I think CHuck is just one of those fighters that guys have figured out...Like Coleman was. both guys have a sick skill set that could tear you a new one...but get them off their game or work a stragey that pushes the persons buttons and bam you got a win. I can think of a few others like that.....Tank....Take tank past the second round...er 30 second mark of the first and you get a win...or just take him past a cocktail and he can not resist.

Who else has been figured out??
Kensei

Postby fightDR » Mon Mar 23, 2009 3:37 am

[quote="Kensei"]LMAO, actually that shows a lot of respect for his friendship when you think of it. He is not just about the money! And it also shows alot of great business thinking, he is still letting him have one good shot at redemption. Personally I think CHuck is just one of those fighters that guys have figured out...Like Coleman was. both guys have a sick skill set that could tear you a new one...but get them off their game or work a stragey that pushes the persons buttons and bam you got a win. I can think of a few others like that.....Tank....Take tank past the second round...er 30 second mark of the first and you get a win...or just take him past a cocktail and he can not resist.

Who else has been figured out??[/quote]

I agree with that very much. Can never say that Chuck hasn't got awesome skills but lets face it he is never gonna go anything different...would love to see him shoot on Shogun and go for a sub or pass the guard and use some G&P, even just once :lol:
I am worried that Rampage if he doesn't very his striking or start using his wrestling more he could go down that route. Also the amazing Jorge Gurgel , and his striking was found out very easily as even though his ground game was talked about NOONE worried, infact guys took him down and did not worry 1 bit.
fightDR
Brown(3) Belt
Brown(3) Belt

PreviousNext

Return to Fighters