Association Pitfight Team
Height 6'2 (188cm)
Weight 204lbs (93kg)
Style Kickboxing and Wrestling
Birth Date 12-17-1969
City San Luis Obispo
State California
Country USA

Charles David 'Chuck' Liddell (born December 17, 1969 in Santa Barbara, California), known as "The Iceman," is a mixed martial artist with a background in Kempo Karate, in which he holds a black belt, Koei-Kan Karate-Do, Kickboxing and Collegiate Wrestling. He currently fights in the Ultimate Fighting Championship and is the UFC Light Heavyweight Champion. He is considered by MMAWeekly.com to be the #1 ranked 205 lb (93 kg) fighter in the world. [1]

Liddell is primarily regarded as a somewhat unorthodox striker(due to his relaxed "hands-down" stance and the angles he throws punches from), with powerful kicks, seamless combination striking that usually includes a trademark looping overhand left hook, and counter-punching. He is also renowned for his knockout power, and is considered by some the hardest puncher at 205 pounds. Liddell also has very good wrestling skills, particularly his takedown defense. He was a four year starter on the wrestling team at Cal Poly San Luis Obispo, which has a division one wrestling program. He graduated from Cal Poly with degrees in business and accounting. Liddell has endeared himself as a fan favorite and is one of the most popular UFC competitors. He is associated with the Pitfight team and recently earned a Purple Belt in Jiu-Jitsu.
Gurre
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby alienbeing316 » Mon Nov 21, 2005 9:09 am

Only one submission win has nothing to do with a lack of knowledge, i mean seriously he is a kickboxer by trade so would obviously prefer to fight on his feet and lidell is one of the best in the business at defending the shot so there is no need for him to end a fight with a submission, he does have that one which shows that put in a peridcament he will take the submission but his strength is stand up so he stands with people and knocks them the f*** out, why does this make him an unrounded fighter, i think its ridiculous that anyone would even make that accusation, why dont you try watching a couple of his fights, hes a dominant fighter, and only has 3 losses including losses to great fighters like jeremy horn who has over 100 fights and only 14 losses, and the living legend randy couture, both losses he avenged with knockouts, so lets think next time before we badmouth a champion thats as great a fighter as the iceman
alienbeing316
White Belt
White Belt

Postby Gurre » Mon Nov 21, 2005 12:35 pm

Let's think before we open our nuthugging mouth. Lidell was punched silly by Rampage jackson. Rampage is a decent striker, but in heart he's a wrestler.

Jeremy Horn sure has many wins, but he's fought many small shows and beat many fighters that where ready for him. By your logic the best fighter in the world is Travis Fulton.

Lidell has never ever showed an ounce of ground game in the UFC. Randy outgrappled him in their first fight, and handed Chuck his ass. So much for knocking people out.

And if you wanna say something witty as he KOed Randy in the re-match I say "the Chuck Liddell action doll comes complete with hardcore thumb-in-the-eye-action (tm) "

Think before you speak.
Gurre
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby stevebags » Fri Jan 06, 2006 8:13 pm

Must agree Chuck got destroyed by rampage, However Chuck has knocked out some of the best UFC has to offer so cant be grudge him the title. The last Couture fight ended imo coz the thumb incident had a big effect on Randy but that makes the re-match more attractive right?
LOL @ Chuck doll comes with thumb in the eye....
stevebags
Black Belt
Black Belt

Postby Gurre » Sat Jan 07, 2006 2:52 am

hehehe I've had that in mind alot... would be cool though. Imagine those american comercials...

Anyway the re-match will be cool since they both are great guys, and Randy will always attract a big crowd. Kind of like Arturo gatti in boxing.
Gurre
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby stevebags » Sat Jan 07, 2006 9:05 pm

Who will win? i think Chuck will retain the title by KO or ref stoppage, Randy is an awsome athlete either way whoever wins will be worthy of being a champ, would be good to see Wanderlei, Rampage or Arona in with the champ. who would be a good fight for the winner?
stevebags
Black Belt
Black Belt

Postby Gurre » Sun Jan 08, 2006 3:01 pm

I think Randy takes the title again...
Gurre
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby Nicco » Mon Jan 09, 2006 4:59 am

Word Gurre!! At least thats what Im hoping for.....
I put the STOMP on kids!!
Nicco
Green Belt
Green Belt

Postby stevebags » Mon Jan 09, 2006 12:23 pm

I think the judges wont be needed in this fught, be very suprised if it goes the distance
stevebags
Black Belt
Black Belt

Postby Gurre » Tue Jan 10, 2006 2:06 am

judges are always dodgy, I don't like it when they get to make a decision at all to be honest
Gurre
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby stevebags » Wed Jan 11, 2006 2:01 pm

Yeah some of the judges decisions in the ufc have been a bit dubious,
I thought the worst one was Penn v Uno as i thought Penn won it.
But pride have had their fair share of dodgy decisions
stevebags
Black Belt
Black Belt

Postby Gurre » Wed Jan 11, 2006 4:07 pm

you know I think Sudo - Ludwig was worse.
Gurre
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby stevebags » Thu Jan 12, 2006 3:20 pm

Yeah i forgot about that one
stevebags
Black Belt
Black Belt

Postby stevebags » Wed Mar 01, 2006 1:15 pm

Chuck Liddell seminar in UK at Seni, cant wait
stevebags
Black Belt