Login Sign Up

Cleansing

Cleansing

Postby qwerty » Thu Mar 12, 2009 8:55 am

What kind of vitamins are you guys taking for cleansing? How many times do you do it in a year?
qwerty
Black Belt
Black Belt

Re: Cleansing

Postby Gurre » Thu Mar 12, 2009 9:32 am

I think I speak for a few of us when I say: WHAT THE HELL ARE YOU TALKING ABOUT!? only clensing I know of is when you drink your head off and barf all night. Now that's some serious clensing right there!
Gurre
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby qwerty » Thu Mar 12, 2009 12:35 pm

I'm sure that can work too... but you know, cleaning out the system type vitamins. :)
qwerty
Black Belt
Black Belt

Postby Kensei » Fri Mar 13, 2009 5:27 am

I will say this only once, wont argue because I have found it to be unwise to argue this point. Dont Bother doing cleansing. It is a load of horse pucky and you are wasting your time and probably not helping yourself AT ALL. It can actually be harmful to your system if not done correctly. When done Correctly, it might not harm you...but that is the only good thing I have to say about that. Your body is Designed to cleanse itself. If you interfear you are basically damaging very important body functions and starving yourself of needed nutrition for what? A cleaner body?? Problem it that does not happen and I have been part of a project that checked blood content for "toxins" and found a cleansing diet increases them...not decreases them as thought. Basically, Dont do it! it is a waste of time and money and your health!

Even monkeys fall out of trees!
Kensei

Postby qwerty » Fri Jun 05, 2009 10:25 pm

Colon cleanser ;)
qwerty
Black Belt
Black Belt

Postby DisciplineHopes » Wed Jun 10, 2009 12:53 pm

not saying im proud of this but i was out with some friends not TOO long ago having a good time just like any other weekend and we stmbled upon another friend with some weed. not thinking i enjoyed it with everyone else. well of course i get a call from this place i applied for a job at. they wanted me to interview and you guessed it take a drug trest. well at the time i was working out pretty hardcore so i was taking some multi-vitamins and some protein. the multi-vitamins were 2 x's a day along with a pre and post drink. i had to take the drug test 2 days after smoking with my friends. wasnt going to spend 60-100 bucks on those cleansing drinks that dont half work. nothing changed in my daily routine and 2 days later took and PASSED the drug test, simply from taking my daily multi-vitamins. so they most definately DO cleanse, but I cant say what all of them have and whether they all work the same and contain the same stuff.
DisciplineHopes
Red Belt
Red Belt

Postby Kensei » Thu Jun 11, 2009 4:42 am

Okay, this is not a poke but you are still barking up the wrong tree! The multi vitamins did not help you out. As one of my duties at work I have to research different things and with my sports med back ground and research I have had to do I can tell you 110% that the Multi vitamins did NOT help you one bit in this particular case. Oh, and most Multi vitamins are not absorbed completely or to much of a good thing will make you sick...but that is for another day.

Okay, the Ganja piss test thing! Okay, so if you are a cassual to almost never smoker it takes 3-4 days for your system to natuarally clean out the Jungi so you wont piss test possitive for a court test, but for a work test, if you are not a bushal a day smoker you will be fine with in 1-2 days. the reason is this, the body stores the THC in the fat cells, which only have a short term storage life for such toxins. that and one very important point that has to be made, the court ordered tests are 10-100 times more accurate than the "job" requested ones. Most jobs only look for as much as 100 Nanograms for a possitive on the pee test were a parole ordered test looks for 10-20 nanograms! So with as little as you HOPEFULLY took in you should be fine.....

Now this is were I get all parental on your ass! First off Mary Jane is not the worst thing in the world for you, having said that it is not with out risks and side effects that many a stoner have said dont exist, probably while they are high! :mrgreen: Research on the Long term effects of even casual smoking of the weed have shown the same changes in the brain that are found with long term abuse of other major drugs. For example Cannabinoid withdrwl is leads to an in crease in the activation of the stress response systme and changes in the activy of nerve cells containing Dopamine. This means you will start to get paranoid, fidgity and also loose motivation and drive over time. So you will be an edgy grunge case that basically lives in moms basement doing nothing but seeking a new, bigger high!
They have also shown, contrary to many a pot heads assertions, that Marjuanna is Additive! Compulsive drug seeking and abuse despites its known effects is present with mid level usage, leading to deeper usage and more harmfull side effects. Some common side effects of chronic use are irritability, sleeplessness, decreased appetite, anxiety and drug cravings...all making it hard to quit! Those withdrawl symptoms make it very hard to quit completely, on you and your family and friends. That first two weeks of "dropping the bong" are not easy on you!
A number of studies I have read also show and association between chronic MJ use and an increased rate of Anxiety, Depression, sucidal ideation and Schizophrenia! So, not only do you suck at MMA, have no hope of getting a girl friend..and if you do have no drive to....well drive...and you are the loser sitting in the basement playing Nintendo and sucking on a bong...but now you are driven to hear voices and want to kill yourself...like being the troll in the basement did not do a good enough job of that already!

Now for just your health, SMOKING THE M almost QUADRUPLES the risk of heart attack! Smoking MJ will Cause Cancer! Period! Studies have shown that injesting the burn plant material is very dangerous and will cause cancer a bit LESS than smoking regualar tobacco...they are a bit shady on numbers and I am a number guy! The other two ways to Get that High also have issue, Eating and Vaperizer will also have you take in the toxins that are sprayed on the weed to keep bugs from getting their happy on! So happy fertalizer and pesticide high to you!

Here is a scary fact that many dont see and think is BS, finding pure MJ is about as easy as finding a girl that actually slept with "MJ"(small poke at the king of pop) :twisted: ! I mean most most street level Weed has been laced with other chamicals, like Rat poison and other insecticides. They increase the feeling of intoxication, but have harmfull side effects of their own. Smoking anything; tobacco, weed, crack, lawn clippings or paint chips (last two were jokes dont try them) will take away from lifes greatest drug OXYGEN! Your gas tank might think it is happy but it is running dry and you wont heal as fast after in jury!

The studies that are often, and poorly pointed to, about long term effects and the use of Ganja and moving on to more harmful drugs have merrit, even if they sound like some 1950's Macarthy era BS. The reason is not the addiction per see, but the social and behavioral tag points associated with use of drugs. First off you are now doing something illegal, proving that your social standards of right and wrong are skewed from the social "Norm", personally I think skewing from the social norm is good...in some cases...not this one. Secondly Psycologists in California have done studies that indicate those willing to break the law in "small" ways will eventually feel empowered to do so in larger ways....this suggests those that feel it is okay to partake of the Herb will soon find themselves justifying that first snort of "snow" and after that it is down hill! I see merrit in the study but think it was rather simplified to be frank!

So, what does that boil down to...okay here is my personal take, from a guy that did inhale...but is not running for office! MJ is as harmfull to your body as drinking or smoking Tobacco, no more...so dont worry about that crap. Herb is as dangerous to your brain as other more common "legal drugs" like Booze and cigs! the difference lies in some of the goals you have in life...like keeping your pathetic ass out of jail and in the ring training, like having the motivation to have a family and work out towards a goal, and not sit in your boxers...unshaven in moms basement. Like forming sentences that dont sound like you are a reject from a bill and ted movie or getting laid...often! :!:

Yes, you can fool a drug test after a few days of not doing the dirty weed, but in the long run, lets be practical here, is it worth doing? Dont know, but if more people did it....those of us that did not would not have to work so fucking hard to get a good job...Best friggin darwinian tool we have. "Weed, making morons since...well a long friggin time ago!" :lol:
:|

Kensei

Postby qwerty » Thu Jun 11, 2009 9:02 am

So are you saying home grown weed is better than the ones you find on the street?
qwerty
Black Belt
Black Belt

Postby Kensei » Thu Jun 11, 2009 6:44 pm

yes, but that does not mean I think smoking pot is a good idea if it is "fresh out the garden" or from "joe the corner dealer"!

I am not saying I am a purist or anything, but basically that shit takes away from better things in life. I would much rather see all of the guys here having a beer after a good work out than see them smoking up in the basement of thier gym and going home to their mothers basement!

Kensei

Postby qwerty » Fri Jun 12, 2009 8:15 am

Nick Diaz smokes weed and he destroyed Gomi lol!
qwerty
Black Belt
Black Belt

Postby DisciplineHopes » Fri Jun 12, 2009 8:27 am

question fomr me, do you not think it could be just like anyting else out there and affect differnt people in different ways? to my knowledge there has never been a documented case of marijuana being the cause or demise of anyone. have any of these studies shown any true LONG term affects from it? MAYBE it didnt necessarliy help, but wasnt the casue. im not disagreeing wiht oyu at all, just ant other opinoions. ill be honest, im no stoner but ive done it plenty in my days and to tell you the truth i would probably do it again if it appeared around me, but not always on the prowl for it. i do agree that a "stoner" obvioulsy has problems, but an occasional smoker i dont see where this could be of any harm. just my opinon but again im not trying to necessarily disagree or prove you wrong, just want some more input and opinons.
DisciplineHopes
Red Belt
Red Belt

Postby qwerty » Fri Jun 12, 2009 8:38 am

How about THC (tetrahydrocannabinol) is that stuff good for you?
qwerty
Black Belt
Black Belt

Postby Kensei » Fri Jun 12, 2009 12:25 pm

qwerty wrote:Nick Diaz smokes weed and he destroyed Gomi lol!

Diaz had so many other advantages that he was bound to win....and he is that good! I hate that guy but it had to be said!

Kensei

Postby Kensei » Fri Jun 12, 2009 12:28 pm

DisciplineHopes wrote:have any of these studies shown any true LONG term affects from it? MAYBE it didnt necessarliy help, but wasnt the casue.

THey have done many long term studies and most of them point to the same issues that tabacco smoke will cause. Not great for the system. and strangely they have found that TCH can cause damage to neurons in the brain and cause a person to "slow down" mentally, but most of these people also did other drugs and had a "different" life style.

Kensei

Postby Kensei » Fri Jun 12, 2009 12:31 pm

qwerty wrote:How about THC (tetrahydrocannabinol) is that stuff good for you?

While THC has not been shown to harm you short term, the long term effects are seen as somewhat harsh. However they also use 9-tetrahydrocannabinol in tourettes patents. I have actually seen the effects on a patent that had Tourettes and it was amazing, however it did slow him down a bit with some testing they did on him. I was their for the physical tests, he still ran as fast as before, but he kind of had a hard time with the mental tests.

So, while it is not "BAD" for you it is not exactly seen as being "GOOD" for you.

it is like anything else, why put something not meant to be in you...in you! Words to live by...especcially when you go to jail for having drugs in your car!! THink on it! :|

Kensei

Next

Return to Supplements, Diet, Equipment & Weight Training