Login Sign Up

Cro Cop breaks rib during fight with Kongo?

Moderators: Sub-Zero, Forum Moderators

Cro Cop breaks rib during fight with Kongo?

Postby Sub-Zero » Mon Sep 10, 2007 2:43 pm

“CroCop lost his second fight in a row by unanimous decision. Mirko said that he had suffered a broken rib in the first round and that was one of the biggest reasons he was passive in other two rounds.”

– CroCop.tk reports that Mirko “Cro Cop” Filipovic suffered a broken rib in the first round of his heavyweight fight with Cheick Kongo at UFC 75: “Champion vs. Champion.” It was the only round of three that the Croatian — and heavy favorite — won on the judges scorecards. Kongo was very effective with hard kicks to the body (and knees to the nuts) throughout the fight.
I`m sure that as long as Fedor keeps training at the same level and with the same determination as he does now, he`ll continue to have no equals in Pride or anywhere else.

-Voronov.

It's showtime!

-Hamill
Sub-Zero
Blue Belt
Blue Belt

Postby FEDORisGOD » Mon Sep 10, 2007 3:28 pm

Cro Cop didn't break his rib, Kongo broke his rib which means its a kosher win for Kongo. That was like when people said Rampage suffered a broken rib from Shogun's knees therefor he got owned. Um yea, thats why the Muay Thai clinch is so effective.
FEDORisGOD

Postby qwerty » Tue Sep 11, 2007 12:21 am

Just retire!
qwerty
Black Belt
Black Belt

Postby Asa87 » Tue Sep 11, 2007 1:31 am

i agree with FiG!!! people seem to be using broken bones as an excuse to losing.

if one of your bones gets broken it isnt because of a spell of badluck - it's usualy because your getting owned.
"Simplicity is the key to brilliance" - Bruce Lee

"Imagination is more important than knowledge" - Albert Einstein
Asa87
Red Belt
Red Belt

Postby Gurre » Tue Sep 11, 2007 2:39 am

for sure, Mirko looked real lackluster. I had a feeling Kongo had hurt Mirko real bad with those knees. Mirko should either drop to 205 or just retire. He looks all done at the moment.
Gurre
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby Kensei » Tue Sep 11, 2007 6:53 am

I dont think they should use the "broken ribs" as an excuse, but an explanation as to why he looked so passive sure helps. So Kongo beat him down eh! Well, Mirko should drop to LHW, he looks like he could do it and he would be maga dominant at that weight. He was also pushed around by the stronger fighter. You have to admit that Mirko comes in at HW and looks a bit soft, while Kongo has to look like marble to come close to Mirko. Ergo more muscle and strength.

No doubt Mirko got owned...he is in the wrong weight catagory.

Even monkeys fall out of trees!
Kensei

Return to News