Login Sign Up

CroCop: "My motto is still Pride or die"

Moderators: Sub-Zero, Forum Moderators

CroCop: "My motto is still Pride or die"

Postby Gurre » Mon Sep 04, 2006 5:57 am

MMA: At the training ground of Mirko Filipovic for the dawn of the biggest challenge of his career

CroCop: “I will not let them walk all over my honour.”

We thought that we were about to meet the grim face of a man who’s moment of
Fate is getting closer. But, Mirko Filipovic was in a particularly good mood that
Weekend. In a happy mood, and with his regular set of pranks, he said the following:

“I feel very good today, I would really like to beat someone up.” Luckily, that day
did not feature any serious sparring. The only feature was a brave sparring session with his long time sparring partner Igor Pokrajac, who by the way looked brilliant, with coloured skin like a Brazilian. But CroCop will have the opportunity to get some serious fighting next Sunday. Then (Sunday), in Saitama Arena, the same beutiful arena that was host to the recent world championship in basketball, he will face the biggest challenge of his career in the tournament of four, for the absolute weight world champion crown in mixed martial arts.

“The next fight for a fighter is always the most important one, but this is the fight with the highest stakes. If I want to win the Grand Prix, I will have to defeat two very dangerous and mighty fighters within two hours. First of all Silva, but later on also Nogueira or Barnett.” According to his manager, Mr. Zvonimir Lucic, Mirko was paired with the the most potant and dangerous fighter, the wild Wanderlei Silva.

“Silva likes to give his opponants the impression that he is wild and aggressive and it is a fact that he is not afraid of anyone, but with me he will have to be careful. When he forced you into a corner, he throws his looping hooks at you. He can knock anybody out while standing up because his style is thaiboxing, but we are at about the same level on the ground” said Mirko. Former wrestler, Davor Lukic, chinesiologist from the clinic Ligament, which Mirko regularly visits, has the impression that Mirko never has looked this good going into a fight. Musclewise, that is the work of Mirko and his conditional trainer prof. Dr. Igor Jukic but also the Vinkovci based Dr. Zeljko Kapulice, the man who changed Mirko’s diet.

“Dr. Kapulica takes care of my diet, and Dr. Bucan is my guardian angel, he heals my injuries. Dr. Kapulica is going with me to Tokyo and in October Dr. Bucan is going with me to Las Vegas.”

Before the departure of the strongest Croatian to Tokyo (on Thursday) two lighter trainings await. Both will be preformed in the comfort of his own training fascility in the basement of his own house. And on the wall of the fascility, in bald letters “PRIDE” is written. The name of the organisation for who’s belt he fights.

“My motto is still “Pride or die”. But on Sunday I will not let anybody step on my honour.”

original source: http://www.vecernji-list.hr/newsroom/sports/more/623247/index.do

translation: Goran "Gurre" Cacija
Gurre
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby NitZR » Tue Sep 05, 2006 10:32 pm

pride is great but i don't feel like spending that kind of money on just watching MMA events. Hay i end up watching them but 50 bucks a pop and the show could be a bomb!
NitZR
Purple Belt
Purple Belt

Postby davelewis » Tue May 29, 2007 2:18 pm

Cro Cop has been a flop in my opinion, he was always going to defeat Eddie Sanchez, but i thought he could have some difficulty with Gonzaga, and i was right, don't get me wrong, i wasn't expecting a KO of such world class, but i thought it would be a tough fight. he had little chance of winning a title, i think he should run back to PRIDE with his tail between his legs.
i love the UFC and my fav fighter is renato sobral.
davelewis
White Belt
White Belt

Postby Gurre » Tue May 29, 2007 3:48 pm

I don't know if you know this. But more or less, there is no Pride anymore
Gurre
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby stevebags » Wed May 30, 2007 11:15 am

R.I.P Pride, i will miss it but we have no choice but to move on, and better for most of us as UFC is much more accessible to watch than pride
"...the man who really counts in the world is the doer, not the mere critic-the man who actually does the work, even if roughly and imperfectly, not the man who only talks or writes about how it ought to be done."

http://www.myspace.com/stevebaggaley
stevebags
Black Belt
Black Belt

Postby PridevsUFC » Sun Jun 03, 2007 7:15 am

Waiting for Mauricio 'Shogun' Rua to kick some UFC ass!!!! P.S. Henderson vs Rampage is going to be a kickass match!!!! I think Hendo is going KO Page in round 2...
PridevsUFC
White Belt
White Belt

On the subject of Rampage

Postby DeathPenalty » Tue Jun 12, 2007 10:53 pm

Rampage can talk all he wants about being the 'Ice Breaker'. He can run his mouth about how he will be on top of his weight class for a long time to come. Blah blah blah. One fighter he is going to fight very hard with all his might to avoid is guess who? Mauricio 'Shogun' Rua. Why? If you look at the PRIDE fight between Rua and Jackson you will see Shogun totally and completely dominate Rampage to no end. Rampage was owned by Rua in that fight. So yeah, Rampage can talk all he wants but he will avoid Shogun as long as he can. This is the only way he will retain the UFC Light Heavyweight championship. If the UFC President Dana White allows Rampage to do this then as much as I love MMA competition I'm done watching it. Maurico 'Shogun' Rua deserves a legitimate chance to take the UFC Light Heavyweight title from Rampage. Hands down we all know it.
Death Penalty Fight Gear
DeathPenalty
White Belt
White Belt

Postby qwerty » Tue Jun 12, 2007 11:32 pm

hehe: It looks like Cro Cop is going to be 1-2 in the octagon! Fighting what I anticipated - Cheick Kongo in UFC 75.... :) rumored anyways.
qwerty
Black Belt
Black Belt

Postby hearthcracker » Tue Jun 26, 2007 12:25 am

Yeah Go PRIDE! I love watching MMA events and fights!

:D
hearthcracker
White Belt
White Belt

Postby donovan99 » Fri Jul 06, 2007 7:57 am

qwerty wrote:hehe: It looks like Cro Cop is going to be 1-2 in the octagon! Fighting what I anticipated - Cheick Kongo in UFC 75.... :) rumored anyways.

Crocop is a good fighter - you think Cheick is better??
donovan99
Purple Belt
Purple Belt

Postby Snappit » Mon Jul 23, 2007 5:37 pm

I think Mirko "Cro Cop" Filipovic will come back with a vengence! He has no choice after being done in by his own finishing move, the high kick. I still think he's one of the best heavyweights around today. Only time will tell if he can get accustomed to the octagon.
tap or snap!
Snappit
White Belt
White Belt

Return to News