Login Sign Up

Dan Henderson

Talk about the fighters here.

Moderators: GrappleorWrestle, stevebags, Gurre

Postby FEDORisGOD » Sat Feb 02, 2008 5:22 pm

Kensei wrote:I dont know, something was different about him in the fight against Barnett and Cro Cop. Not much but they have different builds to some extent.

Against Cro Cop it was Aleksander's 3rd career MMA fight and he just got out of Russian Prison. He weighed something like 285lbs in that fight. Hence Mirko completely exploited his lack cardio of mobility. Now Aleksander weighs 255lbs and has much improved cardio. Aleks has talked about guys juicing in Pride on numerous occasions and has said he has never juiced and never would even though most guys in Pride did.
FEDORisGOD

Postby Bauwow30 » Sat Feb 02, 2008 5:26 pm

How old is Alek?
Bauwow30
Green Belt
Green Belt

Postby Kensei » Sat Feb 02, 2008 6:26 pm

FEDORisGOD wrote:Against Cro Cop it was Aleksander's 3rd career MMA fight and he just got out of Russian Prison. He weighed something like 285lbs in that fight. Hence Mirko completely exploited his lack cardio of mobility. Now Aleksander weighs 255lbs and has much improved cardio. Aleks has talked about guys juicing in Pride on numerous occasions and has said he has never juiced and never would even though most guys in Pride did.

'
Ah, thank you. I had forgotten he did time and was out of shape. That explains the change....unlike Barnett who was blubbery till he hit the juice. Thanks man.

Even monkeys fall out of trees!
Kensei

Postby FEDORisGOD » Sat Feb 02, 2008 6:44 pm

Bauwow30 wrote:How old is Alek?

26, he was born in 1981.
FEDORisGOD

Postby Jewish-Spy » Sun Mar 02, 2008 2:10 pm

is this the first time he was stopped before the bell or am I missing something?
Jewish-Spy
Red Belt
Red Belt

Postby FEDORisGOD » Sun Mar 02, 2008 2:26 pm

No both Nog bros stopped him with armbars. Hendo has still yet to be KO'd.

Kudos to Anderson nonetheless. Beautiful sub.
FEDORisGOD

Postby Jewish-Spy » Sun Mar 02, 2008 2:40 pm

the older I get the more senile. I watched the fights and I saw the armbars aarrgghh. OK thanks for reminding.
I don't know if it's just me but the first round which Hendo won because of a takedown although he didn't really do much besides holding him down. HE missed like 2 or 3 bombs that could've put anybody to sleep.
Ina second I thought Anderson made a mistake by going to the ground with him. Even if Hendo gets hurt he's always dangerous and I thought he would sweep him but looks like training with Nogueira is all he needed.
Jewish-Spy
Red Belt
Red Belt

Postby Kensei » Sun Mar 02, 2008 3:41 pm

I was really impressed with the way Hendo was handling Silva for the first bit...and guy has a hard chin. But when it went to the floor in the second Hendo just seemed to be lost.....He looked bad man! My wife said he looked like he threw it.....have to talk to her a bit! :lol: :lol:

Even monkeys fall out of trees!
Kensei

Postby Jewish-Spy » Sun Mar 02, 2008 5:54 pm

well I don't think anyone (who knows MMA) would expect Anderson to destroy Hendo just like he did with the others. HE was the toughest opponent for him so far. I actually was surprised how poorly Hendo did on the ground when he was on top of him. I seriously thought Anderson would be in big trouble but Hendo didn't do much in terms of real danger. Anderson was clearly better in most aspects yesterday.
The reason Anderson said he thought in his eyes he fought one true champion (Rich Franklin) has nothing to do with how tought he is. IT's that lack of respect Hendo always had for his opponents and finally he was put in his place. Franklin was always classy and respectful so he got a plug from another respectable man.
Jewish-Spy
Red Belt
Red Belt

Postby FEDORisGOD » Sun Mar 02, 2008 6:52 pm

Jewish-Spy wrote:well I don't think anyone (who knows MMA) would expect Anderson to destroy Hendo just like he did with the others. HE was the toughest opponent for him so far. I actually was surprised how poorly Hendo did on the ground when he was on top of him. I seriously thought Anderson would be in big trouble but Hendo didn't do much in terms of real danger. Anderson was clearly better in most aspects yesterday.
The reason Anderson said he thought in his eyes he fought one true champion (Rich Franklin) has nothing to do with how tought he is. IT's that lack of respect Hendo always had for his opponents and finally he was put in his place. Franklin was always classy and respectful so he got a plug from another respectable man.

I disagree with your first comment. Anyone who knows MMA thought that Hendo would be too strong for Anderson in the clinch and too naturally strong for Anderson once on top. The first round proved all of those people to be right. However, it wouldn't be crazy to think that Anderson would destroy Hendo on the feet. His striking technique is vastly superior to Hendo as is his head movement footwork. Hendo is a better wrestler and he proved it in the first round. Other than that Anderson proved to be superior to Hendo in every other way.

What exactly made you believe that Hendo would have swept Anderson? Hendo is a GR Wrestler, he works from the clinch and from the top. When you see Hendo or Randy on their back its a HORRIBLE sign. When have you seen Hendo sweep anyone? I knew it was ALL BAD for Hendo when I saw him pull guard. Anderson's striking proved to be dominant.

Since when has Hendo ever been disrespectful? What are you talking about? Hendo is always respectful in winning or losing. He might say he will KO someone or he may say Anderson's hasn't fought anyone as tough as him but in essence hes not lying.

Hendo is a warrior and he can say what he wants. Not a lot of natural 185ers can stand with Rampage and Wand for 10 rounds w/o getting KO'd.
FEDORisGOD

Postby Jewish-Spy » Sun Mar 02, 2008 7:44 pm

OK yes Hendo did what was smart and take Anderson down and kept the position which scored points for him but again and again he wasn't effective with groung n pound or anything else besides trying cut off the oxygen. THat Anderson survived quite well in my opinion.
Perhasp technically you are right because I'm not a pro fighter but I
ve seen Hendo reverse many fighters before even the last one with Rampage he did very well. Besides most thought Henderson would beat Ramapage including myself.
I also think if I'm not mistaken Hendo did connect a couple of times but Anderson can take a punch too.
As for the respect I don't remember when if ever Hendo was respectful to the opponents. Actually I'm worng he was respectful to Ramapge because they are friends. Now that he was clearly beat he had no choice but admit Anderson is a better fighter.
Hendo is a warrior of course. The reason he didn't get KOd by the ones you mentioned is mainly his almost unhuman chin and he moves away pretty well when the onslaught comes.
Don't get me wrong I don't hate Henderson the way I hate Hughes or Sanchez or BJ but he is a bit of a dick too. Anyway Anderson said it perfectly.
Jewish-Spy
Red Belt
Red Belt

Postby FEDORisGOD » Sun Mar 02, 2008 7:55 pm

You will see Hendo sweep a wrestler but you will not see him sweep BJJ black belts like Rogerio, Rodrigo or Anderson.

Rampage doesn't have BJJ Black Belt caliber ground game. Sakuraba swept him.
FEDORisGOD

Postby Jewish-Spy » Sun Mar 02, 2008 8:07 pm

I want to see Henderson fight Marquardt next. I'd love to see Henderson knock him out. Your take on this...
Jewish-Spy
Red Belt
Red Belt

Postby FEDORisGOD » Sun Mar 02, 2008 8:11 pm

That would make for a great fight. They matchup well together. Hendo is the better wrestler with a better chin but Id give Marquardt the edge in submission skills.
FEDORisGOD

Postby Jewish-Spy » Sun Mar 02, 2008 8:18 pm

yes but over all I still think Henderson should beat him. I hope White sets it up some day.
Jewish-Spy
Red Belt
Red Belt

PreviousNext

Return to Fighters