Login Sign Up

Dan Henderson

Talk about the fighters here.

Moderators: GrappleorWrestle, stevebags, Gurre

Postby fightDR » Sun Jun 29, 2008 10:47 pm

There seems to be alot of guys hating Bisping (well outside the UK anyway lol), He hasn't fought the crem de la crem of the UFC yet thats for sure And Hendo, Anderson and Franklin fall in to that category and I would put my money on them winning against him. However I would put my money on them 3 beating ANY MW in the world prob so no shame there.
Hendo and Anderson especially are just to damn good then Franklin just behind them. Any of the other middle MW's would ahve their hands full with him Okami would also be tough.

Bisping lived of his hype for winning TUF but he has also proved he belongs in the UFC, especially at MW where even though he may not have fought the toughest guys he has looked great. Hard to argue with that.
At LHW, he looked average. Had some good wins to start then the Hamil fight (No Comment LOL) then a piss poor main event with Rashad...what a snooze of a fight. Wandi, Chuck and shogun are just a few of the MANY LHW that would kick his ass at 205 so thats why he dropped.
Love all mma, and big UFC fan but I do miss Pride.
Big Supporter or British MMA so a shout out to Micheal Bisbing, Paul Taylor and Dan Hardy who are representing well and makeing their mark in the UFC!!!
fightDR
Brown(3) Belt
Brown(3) Belt

Postby Kensei » Mon Jun 30, 2008 4:39 am

Jewish-Spy wrote:I hate Bisping. I wish he finally faced some solid fighter that would knock him out. Wanderlei, Anderson, Hendo, Marquardt even Rich could do it.

The issue is that he does not deserve a shot at these guys yet....sorry FightDr. But it is true. If he were to face any of the guys you stated he would be meat! But the UFC knows that would be a slaughter and they are using him to break into the UK. Truth is none of the UK fighters that the UFC has really are A or B class fighters. Bisping is a B/C level depending on the night, but he is not a solid B fighter. Putting him against a guy like Wandi or Hendo would end in him being beat up bad...and against Anderson....Can you spell RETIREMENT! :shock:

That being said, I think Hendos getting back into the ring is a good thing, This time he does not have to worry so much about a great striker, but a slick sub guy. Hendo is a great wrestler and a good striker, his weak point is subs however. Could be a good fight.

Even monkeys fall out of trees!
Kensei

Postby fightDR » Mon Jun 30, 2008 5:54 am

I am over the moon to see hendo back in there fighting, I cant wait till he shows everyone just what a good fighter he is. Sick of hearing how he lost to anderson in the 2nd round so can't be that good..simple answer to that GUFF...what total POOH.

As for Bisping, I don't believe he can match up with Hendo and A.Silva at MW they would beat him down real bad, and I would probably even add Franklin to that list too. I have always stated exactly that, i am a fan of his for sure not an OVER optimist or NUT JOB, LOL.
As for many of the other MW's not saying he could beat them all but he is more than capable of giving them a fight and a tough one at that. At MW he is a B level guy on his day, no doubt about that in my mind.
As for fights with Wandi, Chuck, Shogun, and well any of the top LHW's really they would beat his ass. At LHW I would say C/D Level fighter and would never really get better than Reasonable C Level Class. So am very glad he dropped down where so far job done right!!!
Big Supporter or British MMA so a shout out to Micheal Bisbing, Paul Taylor and Dan Hardy who are representing well and makeing their mark in the UFC!!!
fightDR
Brown(3) Belt
Brown(3) Belt

Postby GrappleorWrestle » Mon Jun 30, 2008 7:33 am

Hendo needs to stop looking to deliver his big right and just go out there and do what what he needs to win. But it seemed to me he was waiting to throw that right.

But in all fairness Hendo probably had one of the toughest few months ever. First he has to come back to a cage that he has not fought in over what 5 years? Then he has a unification bout with Rampage and after that he has another with A. Silva.

Hendo didn't shrug either of them and said bring it. If it was me I would have took more time before both fights.
Not to cross train cripples the martial arts, without it you can become a mechanic, but never an artist.
- E. Cates

Gold medals aren't really made of gold. They're made of sweat, determination, and a hard-to-find alloy called guts.
- Dan Gable
GrappleorWrestle
Black Belt
Black Belt

Postby fightDR » Mon Jun 30, 2008 8:03 am

I have alot of respect for hendo for coming into the UFC and straight away taking on 2 absolute animals, he didn't lose to chumps and very deserving champs.
Now however he needs to show the skills that have given him top fighter status. His wrestling skills are phenomeonal and I want to see him come out in his next fight and beat the guys ass and get the WIN under his belt he so badly needs.
fightDR
Brown(3) Belt
Brown(3) Belt

Postby GrappleorWrestle » Mon Jun 30, 2008 8:11 am

What has been bugging me is that quite a bit of newer fans do not who Hendo is, and since he has lost his past two fights they think he is some can with a belt. It seriously ticks me off when they talk down about Hendo. I just want him to comeback and shut some people up.
Not to cross train cripples the martial arts, without it you can become a mechanic, but never an artist.
- E. Cates

Gold medals aren't really made of gold. They're made of sweat, determination, and a hard-to-find alloy called guts.
- Dan Gable
GrappleorWrestle
Black Belt
Black Belt

Postby fightDR » Mon Jun 30, 2008 8:14 am

GrappleorWrestle wrote:What has been bugging me is that quite a bit of newer fans do not who Hendo is, and since he has lost his past two fights they think he is some can with a belt. It seriously ticks me off when they talk down about Hendo. I just want him to comeback and shut some people up.

You have probably hit the nail on the head, It pisses me of so much too. probably my pet hate right now, cant wait for him to show them all!!
fightDR
Brown(3) Belt
Brown(3) Belt

Postby Kensei » Mon Jun 30, 2008 8:14 am

He kind of has to! I mean IF the UFC does not favor a double standard then on his thrid loss he is out. Now I know Dana is not the biggest Dan fan, but really...by all other standards they should Bounce him if he drops another fight! :oops:

Kensei

Postby GrappleorWrestle » Mon Jun 30, 2008 8:16 am

Or let him try another division.
- E. Cates

- Dan Gable
GrappleorWrestle
Black Belt
Black Belt

Postby Kensei » Mon Jun 30, 2008 8:16 am

GrappleorWrestle wrote:Or let him try another division.

That would be a nice thing to do...but what other three time loser do you know of that has been left in the UFC with out being sent to the minors to gather a few wins?

Kensei

Postby GrappleorWrestle » Mon Jun 30, 2008 8:21 am

Hughes has lost 3 out of his last 4 fights. And if that's true if Vera loses his next he will be out. IF Chuck loses to Rashad that will be 3 out of 4. There's quite a few that have 3/4 or 2/3 and they could very well lose their next bout.

But I think they will keep Hendo around. They should anyways.
- E. Cates

- Dan Gable
GrappleorWrestle
Black Belt
Black Belt

Postby fightDR » Mon Jun 30, 2008 8:25 am

I can't and don't want to think of the prospect of Hendo losing this next fight...It would be the biggest mis-justice in MMA and especially in the UFC if Hendo never gets a WIN and shows the world how good he actually is.
fightDR
Brown(3) Belt
Brown(3) Belt

Postby Kensei » Mon Jun 30, 2008 8:42 am

GrappleorWrestle wrote:Hughes has lost 3 out of his last 4 fights. And if that's true if Vera loses his next he will be out. IF Chuck loses to Rashad that will be 3 out of 4. There's quite a few that have 3/4 or 2/3 and they could very well lose their next bout.

But I think they will keep Hendo around. They should anyways.

Hughes lost two, won one, then lost again...two of his three were to GSP. Different story. Not three in a row. I think I read that three in a row and they turf most fighters, my point was the same as your thought, they should not turf Hendo for losing two fights to two very dangerous and hard fighters. Now if he drops another...who knows.

Kensei

Postby fightDR » Mon Jun 30, 2008 8:49 am

The only fighter who I can think lost 3 UFC fights in a row and got a 4th is Nick Diaz... then it was a late call up for the next fight. may be others but i cant think of any!!!
fightDR
Brown(3) Belt
Brown(3) Belt

Re: Dan Henderson

Postby Kensei » Sat Jan 17, 2009 9:36 pm

Hendo did not look that great against Rich this time out, he is to busy looking for the Bomb and not locking up with guys.
Kensei

PreviousNext

Return to Fighters