Login Sign Up

Dan Henderson

Talk about the fighters here.

Moderators: GrappleorWrestle, stevebags, Gurre

Re: Dan Henderson

Postby Asa87 » Sun Jan 18, 2009 2:14 pm

To be honest I think Franklin should have got the decision on that fight.
Asa87
Red Belt
Red Belt

Postby Kensei » Sun Jan 18, 2009 2:27 pm

I agree! Hendo looked like he was playing Franklins game and not working his strength!
Kensei

Postby qwerty » Sun Jan 18, 2009 11:40 pm

Hendo beat him the first and second round. Hendo started to get gassed though. If this was a title fight, Rich would have the advantage. Anyway, 30-27 was ridiculous! Also, Franklin admitted he didn't want to do the TUF crap anyways! Might as well have the guy that does.
qwerty
Black Belt
Black Belt

Postby fightDR » Mon Jan 19, 2009 7:05 am

Yeah I do agree with you there Kensei, 100% but in fairness anytime you beat a guy as good as Franklin you did well. Rich is awesome in every area and always comes in in great shape wanting to fight and win so Hendo did what he needed to.
How did you guys score the fight, I had rounds 1 & 2 Hendo round 3 Rich...29 - 28 Hendo. That judge scoring it 30 -27 Rich must have had shit in his eyes IMO.
fightDR
Brown(3) Belt
Brown(3) Belt

Postby Kensei » Tue Jan 20, 2009 5:24 am

I had it 29/28 Hendo as well. With reguards to the third ref. It really depends on their back ground. He might not count take downs as meaning much....I know they are told to look at that, but if he has a striking back ground I could see him pushing for a Franklin win. Franklins stand up is better, and was...but when you see the take downs and bombs, well I thought Hendo won, but a boxing coach/judge might not. That and you add that nasty good Irish beer and you never know what you will get...Can you spell HARP?
Kensei

Postby qwerty » Tue Jan 20, 2009 9:36 am

After watching some replays of the fight, it appears Hendo threw and landed more punches than Rich.
qwerty
Black Belt
Black Belt

Postby Kensei » Wed Jan 21, 2009 5:37 am

That is the neat thing about a fight that goes to the D. Perception, while most of us would say Franklin landed more, it is not true! Good fight, not great, but good.
Kensei

Postby fightDR » Wed Jan 21, 2009 12:47 pm

[quote="Kensei"]That is the neat thing about a fight that goes to the D. Perception, while most of us would say Franklin landed more, it is not true! Good fight, not great, but good.[/quote]
Yeah I agree. Maybe we expected to much from the fight with both men being top of the food chain. It often happens when the best 2 guys fight and this was a tactical fight as much as action fight, This was a reall fans MMA fight not a part time fan. Not being rude but its how I describe it.
fightDR
Brown(3) Belt
Brown(3) Belt

Previous

Return to Fighters