Login Sign Up

Dana White Looking At Quebec For GSP's Title Shot

Moderators: Sub-Zero, Forum Moderators

Dana White Looking At Quebec For GSP's Title Shot

Postby Sub-Zero » Mon Aug 27, 2007 4:35 pm

The following is an excerpt from The Fight Network's August 26th AM Update:

With two Canadians delivering the goods last night in Las Vegas and fueled by an emotional plea by Montreal susperstar Georges St. Pierre in the Octagon, UFC president Dana White confirmed his organization is actively seeking a date and venue in Quebec for an upcoming event as early as February or March. White announced the proposed event will host a title bout between St. Isadore, Quebec native Georges St. Pierre and the winner of the Matt Hughes-Matt Serra welterweight championship taking place December 29 in Las Vegas.

The remaining roster could feature a plethora of talent from up North, including last night’s winner Patrick Cote, Jonathan Goulet, Sam Stout and Mark Bocek • all UFC vets.

White said the only thing standing in the way of the anticipated northern invasion is the lack of suitable venues. The Bell Centre in Montreal is nearly completely booked through June by the city's NHL team, the Montreal Canadiens. White did not rule out the MMA-friendly venue that hosts the popular TKO events.
I`m sure that as long as Fedor keeps training at the same level and with the same determination as he does now, he`ll continue to have no equals in Pride or anywhere else.

-Voronov.

It's showtime!

-Hamill
Sub-Zero
Blue Belt
Blue Belt

Postby qwerty » Mon Aug 27, 2007 7:23 pm

I guess Dana likes GSP!!!
qwerty
Black Belt
Black Belt

Postby Sub-Zero » Mon Aug 27, 2007 7:33 pm

I can see him fight now. I have to travel about 4 hours to get to the Bell centre.
I`m sure that as long as Fedor keeps training at the same level and with the same determination as he does now, he`ll continue to have no equals in Pride or anywhere else.

-Voronov.

It's showtime!

-Hamill
Sub-Zero
Blue Belt
Blue Belt

Postby Kensei » Tue Aug 28, 2007 6:52 am

Dude, we would hold it in winnipeg! We dont have the NHL anymore and hell...we would kick the Moose out of the arena for that!!!!!! And we may be just as cold as Montreal...but we dont speak English with an accent and we got the same beer they do! Plus we ARE Friendly Manitoba :)

Even monkeys fall out of trees!
Kensei

Postby fatbear » Tue Aug 28, 2007 8:21 am

I think they should hold it in British Columbia. Shorter drive for me :)
fatbear
Green Belt
Green Belt

Postby Kensei » Tue Aug 28, 2007 12:51 pm

fatbear wrote:I think they should hold it in British Columbia. Shorter drive for me :)

yah but limited availability for everyone else. we are smack dab in the middle!

Even monkeys fall out of trees!
Kensei

Postby qwerty » Tue Aug 28, 2007 6:32 pm

They should do it in the Yukon! J/K!
qwerty
Black Belt
Black Belt

Return to News