Login Sign Up

Diego Sanchez

Talk about the fighters here.

Moderators: GrappleorWrestle, stevebags, Gurre

Postby qwerty » Sat Oct 27, 2007 4:05 pm

You can be the greatest grappler in the world and not mean shit in MMA competition. Jon Fitch beat his ass, and he had no anwers to Josh Koscheck. He obviously cannot compete in the top level... might as well go down to 155.
Image
qwerty
Black Belt
Black Belt
 
Posts: 2176
Joined: Sat Oct 14, 2006 8:43 am

Postby Jewish-Spy » Sat Oct 27, 2007 6:12 pm

I think they should not let him fight again unless he brings with him Salam Hayek next time. Lord Jesus Cgrisy didn't help, Mariachis didn't help, Salma will definitely help!
Jewish-Spy
Red Belt
Red Belt
 
Posts: 649
Joined: Wed Jul 04, 2007 2:10 pm

Postby Reymode » Wed Oct 31, 2007 5:29 am

qwerty wrote:You can be the greatest grappler in the world and not mean shit in MMA competition. Jon Fitch beat his ass, and he had no anwers to Josh Koscheck. He obviously cannot compete in the top level... might as well go down to 155.


First of all he tried to finish the fight several times during the Fitch match. The judges could have easily given the decision to Diego. Against Koscheck he had a bad staph infection on his leg. Most fighters wouldn't have even gone through with that fight.
Reymode
Red Belt
Red Belt
 
Posts: 678
Joined: Sun Nov 19, 2006 11:19 am
Location: Providence, RI (orginally Los Angeles, CA)

Postby qwerty » Wed Oct 31, 2007 8:07 pm

Reymode wrote:
qwerty wrote:You can be the greatest grappler in the world and not mean shit in MMA competition. Jon Fitch beat his ass, and he had no anwers to Josh Koscheck. He obviously cannot compete in the top level... might as well go down to 155.


First of all he tried to finish the fight several times during the Fitch match. The judges could have easily given the decision to Diego. Against Koscheck he had a bad staph infection on his leg. Most fighters wouldn't have even gone through with that fight.


Well, he paid for it with his first lost... now he needs to win his next fight :!:
qwerty
Black Belt
Black Belt
 
Posts: 2176
Joined: Sat Oct 14, 2006 8:43 am

Postby Jewish-Spy » Sun Nov 04, 2007 9:57 am

Sanchez's best move would be to bring Salma Hayek to that hot table dance.
Jewish-Spy
Red Belt
Red Belt
 
Posts: 649
Joined: Wed Jul 04, 2007 2:10 pm

Postby famedbauwow » Thu Nov 08, 2007 8:14 am

Hey Reymode, u need to watch that Fitch fight again, any judge who would give that fight to Diego needs there head examined, he got worked, he only had one legit submission attempt and Fitch got out of it, Diego has been outclassed by his last to opponates, He couldnt even get Koshcek down, good ole Georges had no probablem with that, and Fitch outworked him on the ground, Ive always thought Diego was overrated, hes not well rounded enough and quite frankly, not talented enought to win a belt, at 170 or 155.
famedbauwow
Purple Belt
Purple Belt
 
Posts: 477
Joined: Tue Feb 14, 2006 5:19 pm

Postby Reymode » Thu Nov 08, 2007 10:41 am

famedbauwow wrote:Hey Reymode, u need to watch that Fitch fight again, any judge who would give that fight to Diego needs there head examined, he got worked, he only had one legit submission attempt and Fitch got out of it, Diego has been outclassed by his last to opponates, He couldnt even get Koshcek down, good ole Georges had no probablem with that, and Fitch outworked him on the ground, Ive always thought Diego was overrated, hes not well rounded enough and quite frankly, not talented enought to win a belt, at 170 or 155.


That's your opinion. I've watched that fight several times and Diego worked several sub attempts, Fitch do nothing to stop the fight. One legit sub attempt????? Why because he was on the bottom. That doesn't mean he could have finished????? The only reason why most judges gave to Fitch was because he had a better position that he did absolutely nothing with. Against Kos, GSP didn't have a staph infection either did he?

He's already proved by beating Nick Diaz and Karo Parisyan that he's one the best fighters at 170. He also beat the shit out Ken-Flo when they fought and Ken-Flo recently went for title shot. That puts him ranked above most fighters in those two divisions.
Reymode
Red Belt
Red Belt
 
Posts: 678
Joined: Sun Nov 19, 2006 11:19 am
Location: Providence, RI (orginally Los Angeles, CA)

Postby qwerty » Thu Nov 08, 2007 7:33 pm

Reymode wrote:
famedbauwow wrote:The only reason why most judges gave to Fitch was because he had a better position that he did absolutely nothing with. Against Kos, GSP didn't have a staph infection either did he?

He's already proved by beating Nick Diaz and Karo Parisyan that he's one the best fighters at 170. He also beat the shit out Ken-Flo when they fought and Ken-Flo recently went for title shot. That puts him ranked above most fighters in those two divisions.


Fitch had a better position throughout the fight becuase he was a more dominant fighter. If you are the dominant fighter then you deserve to win the fight even if you cannot finish your oponent...

That Nick Diaz fight could've gone either way in my opinion. That Parisyan fight was kind of strange becuase of that eye incident early in the fight. Ken-Flo has much improved since that fight and he moved up two weight class from his true weigh class to fight him. He was definately small and looked really small when he fough Sanchez.
qwerty
Black Belt
Black Belt
 
Posts: 2176
Joined: Sat Oct 14, 2006 8:43 am

Postby famedbauwow » Fri Nov 09, 2007 7:03 am

Hey Sanchez did beat Diaz, and Parisyan, those guys r top notch, I think Nick Diaz is the most underated MMA fighter in the game, i mean they dont even have him on this forum, but qwerty is right, the Diaz decision could have went his way, and Karo just gasssed, Both those guys would beat him in a rematch, plus everyone underestimated him, Diaz, Karo, Riggs, when they fought him, he was still a reality show scrub, he dosent have that luxary anymore. he needs to drop to LW, his stlye of fighting would be better if he was always the bigger stronger guy.
famedbauwow
Purple Belt
Purple Belt
 
Posts: 477
Joined: Tue Feb 14, 2006 5:19 pm

Postby Reymode » Fri Nov 09, 2007 2:32 pm

famedbauwow wrote:Hey Sanchez did beat Diaz, and Parisyan, those guys r top notch, I think Nick Diaz is the most underated MMA fighter in the game, i mean they dont even have him on this forum, but qwerty is right, the Diaz decision could have went his way, and Karo just gasssed, Both those guys would beat him in a rematch, plus everyone underestimated him, Diaz, Karo, Riggs, when they fought him, he was still a reality show scrub, he dosent have that luxary anymore. he needs to drop to LW, his stlye of fighting would be better if he was always the bigger stronger guy.


Querty's opinions are just that opinions. It sad to see so much decisions based on bias instead on fact. Diego is far from being a reality show scrub. If he were a scrub every fighter on this list would have actually BEAT and FINISHED Diego. Again if you don't like Diego because he's Mexican, "weird", or a reality show contestant keep to your damn self.

I agree that would be better at 155 since that is his actaul true weight class if you look at his body structure. But it say he can't make it at 170 because of one fight where he was proven to be sick and one that could have gone either way is just pure ignorance.
Last edited by Reymode on Tue Nov 13, 2007 11:27 am, edited 2 times in total.
Reymode
Red Belt
Red Belt
 
Posts: 678
Joined: Sun Nov 19, 2006 11:19 am
Location: Providence, RI (orginally Los Angeles, CA)

Postby Jewish-Spy » Fri Nov 09, 2007 4:11 pm

I don't like Sanchez because he's mexican. I don't like Filipovic because I have this sweet spot for Slobodan Milosevic. I love Fedor because he's Russian and Brzniev was one of my heroes. I don't like Overeem because they got legal hookers and drugs. goddamn this world sucks for me...
Jewish-Spy
Red Belt
Red Belt
 
Posts: 649
Joined: Wed Jul 04, 2007 2:10 pm

Postby famedbauwow » Mon Nov 12, 2007 12:28 pm

I dont think I ever called Sanchez a Mexican or weird, i never called him a reality show scrub, pay attention when u read, his first few big fights in the UFC, everyone though he was just a reality show scrub, came in underestimating him, and got beat. The fight with Fitch he lost none of this talk abut the fight could have gone either way,he got worked, he was scared of Koschek, no excuse about being sick, if u were sick enough to use it as an excuse, then u shouldnt have fought, i rewatched the Diaz fight and u know what, ill give it to Sanchez on controll, even tho Diaz did roll out of everytakedown and was never in trouble, he had no offence. But other than Karo and Diaz, he really hasnt beat anyone worth mentioning, I never called him a MEXICAN, so work on those reading skillz kid, Oh and they have leagal hookers and drugs in Holland, damn why am i still in the US. Oh Reymode that picture of Tito is pretty good. :lol: Oh why we talk about Diaz, did anyone see his fight with KJ noons this weekend, cuts just suck, unless hes gonna bleed to death, let him fight if he wants to, i hate seeing guys get gifts because of a cut. KJ Noons knows deep down he didnt earn that belt. It was an early christmas
famedbauwow
Purple Belt
Purple Belt
 
Posts: 477
Joined: Tue Feb 14, 2006 5:19 pm

Postby masterchief03 » Mon Nov 12, 2007 8:26 pm

qwerty wrote:You can be the greatest grappler in the world and not mean shit in MMA competition. Jon Fitch beat his ass, and he had no anwers to Josh Koscheck. He obviously cannot compete in the top level... might as well go down to 155.

I agree, he will never get the title at 170.
Image
masterchief03
Green Belt
Green Belt
 
Posts: 75
Joined: Tue Sep 25, 2007 8:31 pm

Postby Reymode » Tue Nov 13, 2007 11:26 am

famedbauwow wrote:I dont think I ever called Sanchez a Mexican or weird, i never called him a reality show scrub, pay attention when u read, his first few big fights in the UFC, everyone though he was just a reality show scrub, came in underestimating him, and got beat. The fight with Fitch he lost none of this talk abut the fight could have gone either way,he got worked, he was scared of Koschek, no excuse about being sick, if u were sick enough to use it as an excuse, then u shouldnt have fought, i rewatched the Diaz fight and u know what, ill give it to Sanchez on controll, even tho Diaz did roll out of everytakedown and was never in trouble, he had no offence. But other than Karo and Diaz, he really hasnt beat anyone worth mentioning, I never called him a MEXICAN, so work on those reading skillz kid, Oh and they have leagal hookers and drugs in Holland, damn why am i still in the US. Oh Reymode that picture of Tito is pretty good. :lol: Oh why we talk about Diaz, did anyone see his fight with KJ noons this weekend, cuts just suck, unless hes gonna bleed to death, let him fight if he wants to, i hate seeing guys get gifts because of a cut. KJ Noons knows deep down he didnt earn that belt. It was an early christmas


The reference with bias had more to with your two buddies EL/JS and Querty. I was trying to address all of you with one post instead having quote everything with two post. Just like you addressed JS in this last post. No need to be a smart ass about the issue. I can read just fine. If you want to a smart ass, I suggest you reread your your own post and use the spell check. I'm a Marine Corps veteran, so don't EVER call me "kid". I never once called you names and what I wrote strictly on the subject matter. I have had several debates with LL, Kensei, and FiG. There are times when I disagree with all them but there's need for name calling or disrespectful comments.

About the fight with Koscheck, they were going to take him out the fight due to test results but they couldn't find out what he had until the day AFTER the fight. Forrest Griffin during training caught a staph infection had to cancel his fight with Lyoto Machida at UFC 70. But they found what he had before the fight. You don't think a staph infection can severely decrease your performance? Diego had a staph infection, he just wasn't little sick.
Last edited by Reymode on Wed Nov 14, 2007 6:24 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reymode
Red Belt
Red Belt
 
Posts: 678
Joined: Sun Nov 19, 2006 11:19 am
Location: Providence, RI (orginally Los Angeles, CA)

Postby Jewish-Spy » Tue Nov 13, 2007 11:06 pm

I just want to see Salma Hayek strip...
Jewish-Spy
Red Belt
Red Belt
 
Posts: 649
Joined: Wed Jul 04, 2007 2:10 pm

PreviousNext

Return to Fighters

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 0 guests

cron