Login Sign Up

Fedor Emelianenko

Talk about the fighters here.

Moderators: GrappleorWrestle, stevebags, Gurre

Re: Fedor Emelianenko

Postby Kensei » Sat Jan 24, 2009 12:05 pm

Here is another bit of info that you are all missing out on. This is AAs last fight with affliction, win lose or draw! He is now....wait for it...like we did not see this one coming....GOING INTO BOXING! So if the guy beats the "last emperor" he is jumping ship to golden boy boxing and trying his hand at that...kind of weird but true. Now lets face it....Fedor is barely marketable right now. They need to pump a tone of money into his marketing for him to be a big roller in the sport in the states. Most of us long term fans know him, but as the sport grows some gooffy looking Russian dude is not marketable right off the hop. Now if Barnett were to capture the belt from the Russian then the Affliction company might have a good run. But starting from a dead stop with great names...that no one knows...lets just hope for Afflictions sake that Fedor stomps AA into a boxing coma and the other big names produce as well! Affliction is in a tough spot and Fedor is as well.
Kensei

Postby fightDR » Sat Jan 24, 2009 1:45 pm

I was actually not aware that AA was moving into boxing and now I know that I am aware that lots of what I said means shit.
If Affliction has any chance they definately need Fedor to whoop AA's ass and do it well. Lets hope Fedor does win and so does Barnett then we can have 2 of the best HW's in the world (2 of the best HW's ever IMO fight) to be Afflictions Golden boy.
fightDR
Brown(3) Belt
Brown(3) Belt

Postby Kensei » Sat Jan 24, 2009 6:58 pm

I agree, as much as I feel that Affliction is a dead man walking when it comes to it survival, I hope that the UFC has some decent competition so they MUST keep the standards up.
Kensei

Postby qwerty » Sat Jan 24, 2009 11:35 pm

A.A. in boxing would be a big mistake LOL! He just got KTFO! LOL.
qwerty
Black Belt
Black Belt

Postby Jewish-Spy » Sun Jan 25, 2009 12:21 pm

Arlovski might have had a slight advantage in the beginning but those who call it hurting or overwhelming Fedor need to have their heads examined. I knew it was only a matter of time. Sure not too many expected 1 punch to him to sleep but for some reason I thought Fedor would beat him in a similar fashion he did Tim just not as fast.
Jewish-Spy
Red Belt
Red Belt

Postby Kensei » Sun Jan 25, 2009 3:36 pm

Fedor did very well in that fight. No one can say he did not. I was also rather impressed with AA before he got a bit cocky! great fight over all!
Kensei

Postby fightDR » Mon Jan 26, 2009 11:31 am

I have to agree both men looked good and was a competetive fight. AA looked good, moving in out hitting him with good punches, but as Big Tim always said AA has a weak chin and all you have to do is hit it. FEDOR DEFINATELY DID THAT and DAMN what a punch, 1 punch and ZZZZZZZ
fightDR
Brown(3) Belt
Brown(3) Belt

Postby qwerty » Mon Jan 26, 2009 1:14 pm

He was definately out before he even hit the floor.... worse KO however, even worse than the Lindland was not aired on TV/PPV. Heiron vs High fight was just brutal! Heiron hits High with a right and was basically out but his ass landed on the ropes so Heiron went ahead and throw two more "unnessesary" heavy punches. I think Heiron was taking it on High becuase his fight was not televised and therefore lost on some advertising dollars!!!
qwerty
Black Belt
Black Belt

Postby FEDORisGOD » Mon Jan 26, 2009 10:47 pm

Fedor swatted Arlovski out of the sky. With one punch, Fedor made a 240lb man do a complete 180 degree turn in mid air and KTFO'd cold.

Fedor played that fight like a chess match. Stayed just close enough to look hittable but just far enough away to slip 90% of Arlovski's punches. Fedor's head roll and movement in that fight was fantastic.

And ofcourse the knock out. Lured Andrei into it like the bird brain he is. Fedor showed how witty he is. Played possum of the ropes and timed a very accurate haymaker on Arlovski's glass jaw.

Unbelievable, I was there live and it was epic folks.
FEDORisGOD

Postby Kensei » Tue Jan 27, 2009 6:07 pm

Looked hitable? He was nailed a bunch of times, at the 4:40 fight clock time (counting back wards) he was NAILED. and he did little to Arlovski other than tie him up and absorbe some shots while giving fairly ineffective knees.

At one point I thought.."FUCK HE COULD KO FEDOR" which is probably what Arlovski was thinking....UNTIL HE WAS NOT THINKING ANYMORE! I have to admit that now that I have rewatched it, it does look like fedor was playing with him and did absorbe a few shots simply to push the pace and get arlovski feeling relaxed, then he made him shit his shorts as he NAILED him back.

Even if Fedor looked more human than ever before, maybe that was all part of his plan. Interesting plan, because it could have backfired on him big time. But he did it again. I now officially will say that he is THE best heavy weight in the world at this time.
Kensei

Postby qwerty » Tue Jan 27, 2009 8:32 pm

Definitely the best HW in the world at this time... cannot wait for the Barnett vs Fedor fight but I would be more interested in a Barnett vs A.A fight. That would be interesting to see.
qwerty
Black Belt
Black Belt

Postby FEDORisGOD » Tue Jan 27, 2009 9:50 pm

If you look closely Fedor deflected or slipped 90% of AA's punches. The only two punches which AA landed clean were the first upper cut in the first exchange and the 2nd strike of his last 1-2 combo.

Look closely Fedor slips or deflects or rolls every punch to the point where it goes of his shoulder and grazes his head. Amazing reflexes and gameplan by Fedor.

http://i42.tinypic.com/1621t3n.jpg

http://i40.tinypic.com/307tem1.jpg
FEDORisGOD

Postby Kensei » Wed Jan 28, 2009 11:20 am

Yup saw them. he looked like he was shocked when he did get hit...like "CRAP THAT WAS NOT SUPPOSED TO LAND". He sure is durable and has great power.
Kensei

Postby FEDORisGOD » Thu Jan 29, 2009 1:50 am

I dont think Fedor looked shocked at all. I think tricked AA into thinking hes hurt and knocked his head off countering the flying knee attempts.

Brilliant IMO.
FEDORisGOD

Postby fightDR » Thu Jan 29, 2009 5:56 am

Fedor looked incredible and I have no doubt he had a great and effective game plan, but I don't think al that AA's punches that were thrown and landed were planned by Fedor. AA came in and was looking good which Fedor did not plan for, he got hit more than he was suppossed to so gotta give some credit to AA to I believe, but what a KO.
AA was made to feel more comfortable than he was by the master and then the Death blow as planned to more credit to Fedor for the dynamite, of course.
fightDR
Brown(3) Belt
Brown(3) Belt

PreviousNext

Return to Fighters