Login Sign Up

Fedor Emelianenko

Talk about the fighters here.

Moderators: GrappleorWrestle, stevebags, Gurre

Re: Fedor Emelianenko

Postby qwerty » Thu Jan 29, 2009 10:04 am

From my perspective, Fedor didn't look incredible except for that one punch KO but if his game plan was to take punches and to think he is hurt to lure A.A. then he gets my nomination of best male actor award.
qwerty
Black Belt
Black Belt

Postby fightDR » Thu Jan 29, 2009 11:17 am

[quote="qwerty"]From my perspective, Fedor didn't look incredible except for that one punch KO but if his game plan was to take punches and to think he is hurt to lure A.A. then he gets my nomination of best male actor award.[/quote]
Fair point qwerty mate.
Fedor is such an enigma I know, but to let 1 of the best strikers in the world like AA have shots on your face and look good doing it is very daft. Yes Fedor has a great chin, can take punches and is a strategic master but what happened in the fight BEFORE the KO punch was more good strategy and a well executed plan by AA rather than Fedor IMO. Fedor had a gameplan NO DOUBT but what happened before the KO was not the whole plan acted out. I just don't see it, sorry.
fightDR
Brown(3) Belt
Brown(3) Belt

Postby Kensei » Fri Jan 30, 2009 4:13 pm

Okay, watched it four a fifth time, love down loads for free! I am actually going to say qwerty and the DR are correct. I think that Fedor did not look great and if he had the plan to eat leather it is a very VERY risky strategy against a striker like AA. and that Counter punch was not thought up a week before the fight or a month before, it was a reaction that worked out VERY well for him. Fedor looked very human in this fight...yes a human that can turn your cranium to powder with one shot, but human none then less.

No question that he is a great fighter, the best even, but that was not his best performance recently...KO'ing Tim Sylvia proved he was one of the best....comeing back from being beat up, ever so slightly, by AA is proving he has durability and intellegence underfire!

I actually have more respect for him now that I have seen him faulter a bit then before when he was fighting ass clowns and eating them up....Okay, that sounded bad, but you get my point!
Kensei

Postby fightDR » Sat Jan 31, 2009 8:35 am

Yes Kensei I get your point and it is a fair one and one I agree with totally!
fightDR
Brown(3) Belt
Brown(3) Belt

Postby FEDORisGOD » Sun Feb 01, 2009 7:22 pm

I was at the fight live and sitting very close to action. Arlovski landed 3 or 4 decent shots in the whole fight and thats with leg kicks included.

Before this fight, I was under the impression that Fedor would just take him down and win by GnP or submission but boy was I wrong.

Fedor took the "fight us like a man" challenge from Roach and left Arlovski laying on his fact KTFO 3 minutes into the fight.

Everyone already knew that Andre is the more refined technical striker. It was no shock to me that could beat Fedor to the strike at certain moments, hes definitely the superior technical striker.

Fedor showed that theres little to no room for error against him. The slightest mistake and BAM. Fight over.
FEDORisGOD

Postby Kensei » Mon Feb 02, 2009 5:51 am

You have to give Arlovski respect for taking it deap into the first round and also landing a few good ones. But FIG is right....Fedor just showed that you dont fart around and try to look pretty in a fight with him! You make a mistake and they will have to wake you up to tell you about it!!!
Kensei

Postby fightDR » Thu Feb 05, 2009 7:51 am

I do not doubt that Fucking with Fedor is daft or insane, NEVER doubted that. But my point was simple and that was that AA looked good and was doing what he needed to before he got over confident which lead to him moving from his gameplan. He was doing well and landing shots but got sloppy and Fedor then pounced on him faster than Jenna Jameson does to her co-stars.
fightDR
Brown(3) Belt
Brown(3) Belt

Postby Reymode » Sun Aug 09, 2009 7:42 am

After read these quotes from what Fedor and his manager have said. I have lost a lot of respect for Fedor.

Finkelchtein:
“The UFC did not give us any chance to develop. The UFC wanted him [Emelianenko] only to be a fighter in UFC. They didn’t offer us anything else. "

Emelianenko:
"They (UFC) do not consider fighters to be normal people, human beings. My feeling is the attitude of UFC toward fighters is not the correct one. And I don’t like their policy, which appears to be a really bold one. They offered one thing, and then on the Internet, the number published was something different. The offer we got from them was really miserable.”

Really Fedor, they don't treat fighters like human beings? REALLY? Give me a freaking break, the fact is they offered you a more than fair contract to FIGHT in the UFC, since that's what FIGHTERS do. Second they even let you compete in Sambo for your country, and promote M-1 on your banners and fight apparel. It's more than understanding why they weren't willing to GIVE half their promotion for ONE fighter.

The fact is Finkelchtein and Fedor wanted EVERYTHING their own way. Fedor still wants to be regarded as the best fighter in the world without actually FIGHTING the best in the world. So he should just say it. I'm afraid to lose like the bitch that I am and I let my manager screw companies. That's what he should say. Because you, Fedor had not one but TWO chance to proof that you were the best in the world by signing in the UFC. Instead you opted to fight cans the rest of your career and you want to make it seem like it was the UFC that was unwilling negotiate. Strikeforce like Affliction will probably do a handful of events and die after giving part their promotion to M-1. There is no way in hell that they are going to gain revenue they need to sustain their company in the long term.
Last edited by Reymode on Mon Aug 10, 2009 9:37 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Reymode
Red Belt
Red Belt

Postby Kensei » Sun Aug 09, 2009 7:57 am

notice how the manager and fedor say different things...like maybe Finklenuts did not tell Fedor the whole truth!!
Kensei

Postby DisciplineHopes » Mon Aug 10, 2009 5:38 am

[quote="Kensei"]notice how the manager and fedor say different things...like maybe Finklenuts did not tell Fedor the whole truth!![/quote]

i wouldnt doubt it.
DisciplineHopes
Red Belt
Red Belt

Postby Kensei » Mon Aug 10, 2009 9:58 am

LMAO, next to fight Fedor is Gegard Mousasi in a "EXEBITION" match. This way Fedor does not lose his "undefeated" ranking if he drops the match.

Now what pisses me off more than anything is it is not a Sambo match but a MMA match up. I could respect him saying he will not lose his MMA record if it was a Sambo Exebition, but it is MMA...so if he gets dropped by a tallented young fighter...he is still not going to have it effect his ranking or record....Personally I think if he loses he should man up and have a loss on his record if he drops the fight then I say the astrix is going to say more than the loss...it will say he lost and he is a farce!!!
Kensei

Postby qwerty » Mon Aug 10, 2009 10:54 am

I hope Mousasi will do the unexpected - I know they are good friends, but would be awesome if Mousasi goes 110%. LOL.
qwerty
Black Belt
Black Belt

Postby DisciplineHopes » Mon Aug 10, 2009 11:15 am

[quote="Kensei"]LMAO, next to fight Fedor is Gegard Mousasi in a "EXEBITION" match. This way Fedor does not lose his "undefeated" ranking if he drops the match.

Now what pisses me off more than anything is it is not a Sambo match but a MMA match up. I could respect him saying he will not lose his MMA record if it was a Sambo Exebition, but it is MMA...so if he gets dropped by a tallented young fighter...he is still not going to have it effect his ranking or record....Personally I think if he loses he should man up and have a loss on his record if he drops the fight then I say the astrix is going to say more than the loss...it will say he lost and he is a farce!!![/quote]

i agree. i still think fedor is one of the greatest mma fighters and one of the best pound for pounders out there but this whole situationhas just made me lose so much for him. even if they were his words and and decisions it still pisses me off. use your own head and mouth and stop letting finkelfart do your business!
DisciplineHopes
Red Belt
Red Belt

Postby Kensei » Mon Nov 09, 2009 5:07 am

So, the last emperor defended his role in strike force this week end, but who was impressed with the way he did it? I mean he seemed to be lost and with out ability to finish the first round, a round he lost. He tried for a stand up war and ate a few punches that Split him open! He tried for a take down and was owned on the ground, or at least shut down. If not for a rule in strike force that you can not elbow on the ground, against the unified rules, he would have been cut up further on the ground.
Then he tries to get a sub and Rogers stands up like it was nothing. Yes, he KOs Rogers in the second round, but that was after dropping the first round, if not for a well placed and timed punch, rogers might have won that fight on points or caught the russian with more shots.

Can not deny that Fedor is the king of timing, but he sure was less than impressive in this outing!
Kensei

Postby qwerty » Mon Nov 09, 2009 9:39 am

Fedor has the puncher's chance. Damn, does he have power on those hands or does he have POWER on those hands. I am going to watch the fight over again to see where the Grim could've made some changes and possibly beat Fedor but right of the bat, I think when Rogers got him to the ground and started pounding on him, he should've tried to control him a little bit more - press/trap in the cage - time a perfect bomb, control (this was Fedor's first cage experience). I mean a 265+ guy hovering on top of you is tough to deal with. Fedor is going to be Fedor but Rogers had a change to Buster Douglas him!
qwerty
Black Belt
Black Belt

PreviousNext

Return to Fighters