Login Sign Up

Fedor Emelianenko

Talk about the fighters here.

Moderators: GrappleorWrestle, stevebags, Gurre

Re: Fedor Emelianenko

Postby qwerty » Mon Nov 09, 2009 12:24 pm

After looking at the fight again a few more times, I don't think Fedor was never in trouble and it looks like he was won that first round. I mean, yes, Fedor looked bloodied up, but he was very active. He was going after submissions after submissions, going for takedowns, landing strikes. I think part of the reason why fans thinks Rogers won the first round is because of Fedor's fair complexion. His skins turn read just by getting brushed by Rogers.

Now, I think Rogers was on the right track as to how to beat Fedor. He was doing a lot of head movements which made Fedor miss a lot. He was also throwing jabs very effectively. He needed to throw more jabs. He has to work on his clinch game a little more-working the thigh area was good idea. If elbows were allowed at Strikeforce I think Rogers would have done more damage specially on the clinch. With a broken nose and 265lb mass pushing against the cage, Fedor would definately gotten tired.

Rogers was rushing once the fight was on the ground and he was on top. Fedor was setting up submissions and Rogers should've tried to control him a little more and push him towards the fence and have selective strikes. He could've controlled him better.

Lastly, Rogers started to get comfortable in the cage and he became predictable. He had his hands down and just got caught. I do think Big John stopped the fight prematurely. The punch was hard and solid but Fedor missed the next two. I guess the craddle position just looks really bad.
qwerty
Black Belt
Black Belt

Postby DisciplineHopes » Tue Nov 10, 2009 12:50 pm

i agree with everything excpt the last paragraph, and that one partially. i think rogers was hurt on that shot. he feel wuick and didnt make any attempt to catch himself. and fedor missed with the next shot but i thought he landed the second ok but not square. either way rogers was hurt on the big right. it possibly could have went longer but i think fedor still would have finished it on the ground in the same position they were in when it was stopped. i think rogers did good overall but like you said i dont think he necessarily won the first round. fair skin does show alot more "damage", i should kind of know lol.
DisciplineHopes
Red Belt
Red Belt

Postby Kensei » Tue Nov 10, 2009 5:17 pm

Here is my issue that I have with this way of thinking.First off Fedor ate alot more shots than Grim did, and they did more damage. Grim controled him on the ground very well.Yah he kind of went for a kimura but Grim got out so easy it was like the first day of BJJ class for a bunch of white belts. Next the Strike force rule that saved Fedor from a worse cut up face...NO ELBOWS ON THE GROUND OR IN THE CLINCH. WHy would they throw that in once they lock up with M1? I will tell you, While it appears that Fedors head is actually made of steel...His skin is made of tissue paper! he would bleed to death if he got in with a big guy that started raining down elbows!
Kensei

Postby DisciplineHopes » Wed Nov 11, 2009 7:21 am

i agree with the elbows situation. elbows are cucial. also look at alot of his past fights though. he takes damage but its how you control it. he didnt get rattled once althoguh he had blood running doewn his nose and face. he stood strond and won the fight. after looking back att he fight some people say it was stopped too early. i disagree bc when fedor took the right superman punch to rogers right jaw he dropped and fedor jumped on him. when he did so rogers just rolled over and covered up bc he was hurt.
DisciplineHopes
Red Belt
Red Belt

Postby Kensei » Wed Nov 11, 2009 9:44 am

I agree with the stoppage, it was good. I think Rogers might have faught back, but I would have bet more that he was done. as a long time fan and a guy that has reffed tones of fights, not mma, I can tell you I would have stopped it in a heart beat. My issues dont fall with the stoppage, they fall with the set up of the fight, Fedor and M1 Bull crap and the whole set up. Fedor is protected and he knows it. The company he is in now (M1) has done everything to keep him safe. The fact is Fedor is an incredible fighter that would be run of the mill in the UFC. Nothing big, just he is a cog in a hype machine that has alot of people snowed and they are putting the blame on the UFC, what a crock of crap. I love reading the BS some put about how the issues with Fedor not fighting in the UFC are teh UFCs fault. Shows how they have blinders on and they dont care to know what really happened.
Kensei

Postby DisciplineHopes » Wed Nov 11, 2009 11:26 am

two thumbs up for kensei!
DisciplineHopes
Red Belt
Red Belt

Postby Reymode » Tue Feb 15, 2011 9:54 am

Anyone see the fight against Bigfoot Silva this weekend? It looks like Fedor might be retiring. The sad part is his manangement does want him to because of the money.
Reymode
Red Belt
Red Belt

Postby beanjim58 » Tue Apr 26, 2011 3:48 pm

great fighter
beanjim58
White Belt
White Belt

Previous

Return to Fighters