Login Sign Up

Fedor Emelianenko

Talk about the fighters here.

Moderators: GrappleorWrestle, stevebags, Gurre

Fedor Emelianenko

Postby GrappleorWrestle » Tue May 27, 2008 10:31 am

Name Fedor Emelianenko
Nickname The Last Emperor
Record 29 - 1 - 0 (Win - Loss - Draw) ( 1 NC )
Wins
7 (T)KOs ( 24.14 %)
15 Submissions ( 51.72 %)
7 Decisions ( 24.14 %)
Losses
1 (T)KOs ( 100 %)
Association Red Devil Sport Club
Height 6'0 (183cm)
Weight 233lbs (106kg)
Style Sambo and Judo
Birth Date 9/28/1976
City
State
Country Russia

Current WAMMA HW Champion
Not to cross train cripples the martial arts, without it you can become a mechanic, but never an artist.
- E. Cates

Gold medals aren't really made of gold. They're made of sweat, determination, and a hard-to-find alloy called guts.
- Dan Gable
GrappleorWrestle
Black Belt
Black Belt

Postby Jewish-Spy » Tue May 27, 2008 8:43 pm

July 19th = UFC is getting its throat slit :)
Jewish-Spy
Red Belt
Red Belt

Postby Reymode » Tue May 27, 2008 9:58 pm

Jewish-Spy wrote:July 19th = UFC is getting its throat slit :)

Sorry bud even though it's a great card, it's not getting the promotion it needs to kill the UFC. You can have the best card known to man but without anyone hearing or reading about it (besides the hardcore MMA fan) it's not going to do extremely well.
Last edited by Reymode on Wed May 28, 2008 2:42 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Reymode
Red Belt
Red Belt

Postby qwerty » Tue May 27, 2008 10:23 pm

Yes, I feel extremely bad for Affliction! I really hope they are not putting all their money into one basket and taking a gamble hoping that the event will be a hit! I'm sure they are offering their fighters top dollar for this promo.
qwerty
Black Belt
Black Belt

Postby Latvian Lunatic » Wed May 28, 2008 4:12 am

I dont care if Affliction tanks after this. I mean most promos do once they have such a high paying card. I'm just glad we'll get to see this one.. Then the next promo with a bankroll will do another great night of fighting.
Image ImageImage
Latvian Lunatic
Black Belt
Black Belt

Postby fightDR » Wed May 28, 2008 6:52 am

Well only time will tell there. but credit where its due fucking great fight card and anyone who managed to put Fedor and Sylia opposite eachother gets my vote.
Love all mma, and big UFC fan but I do miss Pride.
Big Supporter or British MMA so a shout out to Micheal Bisbing, Paul Taylor and Dan Hardy who are representing well and makeing their mark in the UFC!!!
fightDR
Brown(3) Belt
Brown(3) Belt

Postby Latvian Lunatic » Wed May 28, 2008 11:04 am

Its good for me.
Image ImageImage
Latvian Lunatic
Black Belt
Black Belt

Postby FEDORisGOD » Wed May 28, 2008 6:02 pm

Who cares what happens after the event. I jsut want the event. Even if Affliction fails, there will always be that next guy willing to pay guys like Fedor and Timmy to headline a PPV with great talent on th undercard. One thing we can all agree on is that Affliction is putting on some excellent fights.
FEDORisGOD

Postby Jewish-Spy » Wed May 28, 2008 7:21 pm

Your right. It's actually gonna be better this way. We can still see Alex fighting anyone out there. WE can have Tim vs Pedro or Barnett. Then we'll have Randy ands possibly Arlovski. All I care about is White losing his credentials and credibility
Jewish-Spy
Red Belt
Red Belt

Postby qwerty » Wed May 28, 2008 8:06 pm

Why ca't they just get paid a little less and find a home? It would be awesome to see them fighting in like eliteXc for something. :)
qwerty
Black Belt
Black Belt

Postby Kensei » Thu May 29, 2008 5:07 am

Okay, here is what I have peiced together from four of the major MMA magazines and E-zines.

Fedor is being paid a flat sign bonus of 1.5-2 mill. just to show up. Then his purse is almost the same amount as that. Timmy is making half a mill. sign bonus and about the same if he wins the fight...fedor does not need to win to get his FULL purse!

From what Most of the authors and insiders are saying Affliction is suffering from the same issues as BoDog did. They can not figure out how to market Fedor to the "average fan"....meaning TUF'ers! No one seems to understand that they NEED to do this in order to justify the payday. PPV buy ins for the Fedor v Law fight was 12,000 and the average UFC PPV buy in is somewhere between 250,000 and 500,000 depending on the card. BoDog is basically no more because they paid Fedor 80% of what they made on that card! They then marketed him by putting his face on NY city subways and bill boards and did not bring him in to meet and greet anyone. Adrenaline has tried to get him to do the old M&G and he only meets with Russian Radio or small media groups.....being as that is in his contract. They are frustrated that the issue of marketing is still not working out and they are worried that this will tank money wise.

The company is not being viewed as a viable threat and the UFC is kind of smirking at them. They will blow their load the first few PPVs they throw then die out like BoDog, were as the UFC will continue to grow off of the hard work of others. Afliction makes a few waives and then is dead, and the UFC sits around picking up the few fans that Afliction created out of "average joe".

I am affraid that the "last emperor" may end up in the Zuffa branded cage sooner or later!

Even monkeys fall out of trees!
Kensei

Postby Jewish-Spy » Sat May 31, 2008 5:37 pm

Kensei this is only the great news what you just typed. I love the fact that Fedor may never become another Chuck Liddell, GSP or Penn. The problem is whenever anyone tryping to hype him losses their ass there will be someone else who will want to have Fedor as long as he's unbeaten. All hardcore fans know him and all the fighters know about him. Perhaps he ends up in UFC some day but I'm sure they will have to compromise as I'm sure Fedor will not agree to all their demands.
As of now there is still no fighter out there that can come even close to his record and his persona for he is the Emperor
Jewish-Spy
Red Belt
Red Belt

Postby Master-Doug » Thu Jun 12, 2008 5:59 am

Fedor: The ONLY guy to beat MINOTAURO twice, I have a lot respect for him even though I like Rodrigo Nogueira( Minotauro ) better :D hahaha
Master-Doug
Blue Belt
Blue Belt

Postby GrappleorWrestle » Thu Jun 12, 2008 8:52 am

What do you respect about him?
Not to cross train cripples the martial arts, without it you can become a mechanic, but never an artist.
- E. Cates

Gold medals aren't really made of gold. They're made of sweat, determination, and a hard-to-find alloy called guts.
- Dan Gable
GrappleorWrestle
Black Belt
Black Belt

Postby FEDORisGOD » Thu Jun 12, 2008 10:11 am

What do you not respect about him?
FEDORisGOD

Next

Return to Fighters