Login Sign Up

Fedor Emelianenko

Talk about the fighters here.

Moderators: GrappleorWrestle, stevebags, Gurre

Postby Kensei » Fri Apr 18, 2008 11:48 am

qwerty wrote:
Kensei wrote:So, what you are all saying is Fedor gets another easy fight? I think that of all his last four fights this will be his most challenging...He might even get past the warm up phase of his fight!

Are you saying that Zulu is more of a threat than Timmy is against Fedor? :?

only at a buffet...and that is a toss up! :wink:

Even monkeys fall out of trees!
Kensei

Postby Kensei » Fri Apr 18, 2008 11:53 am

FEDORisGOD wrote:I dont think Timmy is more dangerous than HMC. Fedor can beat Timmy 5 different ways. The only way I see someone beating HMC is off their back.

Wait, you dont think that Tim Sylvia ( 24/4 former UFC champion and a guy that took out...well a tone of guys..and crapped his pants) is more dangerous that Hong Man Choi ( 1-1 and never been a MMA champ or taken anyone out in MMA...except some chump and possibly a few guys after the fights...for drinks)???

I HAVE to ask you...are you drinking or on medications of ANY sort???

HMC is a one trick poney, granted Tim is a two trick poney, but at least he has experience and lots of it!

I dont like Tim one bit, and to be truthfull, I danced a bit in my office when I read he was out of the UFC....but HMC is better than Tim, or even a harder fight for Fedor? Wiskey? Wine? Terpintine? Dude what are you drinking??? :lol:

Kensei

Postby fightDR » Fri Apr 18, 2008 11:56 am

I wouldn't say this is an easy fight for fedor but i don't see any other result than an overwhelming win for him.
The thing with this fight is that both men have something huge to gain fom winning. For tim to beat Fedor means 'Holy shit Tim is the man'. And this is the First legitimate top HW he has fought in a while and for all those doubters cos of that they will then see he is still the baddest HW on the fucking planet. Tim is still a good name to defeat and will give him the respect he may have lost and still looks good on his CV.
Love all mma, and big UFC fan but I do miss Pride.
Big Supporter or British MMA so a shout out to Micheal Bisbing, Paul Taylor and Dan Hardy who are representing well and makeing their mark in the UFC!!!
fightDR
Brown(3) Belt
Brown(3) Belt

Postby FEDORisGOD » Fri Apr 18, 2008 1:05 pm

Kensei wrote:
FEDORisGOD wrote:I dont think Timmy is more dangerous than HMC. Fedor can beat Timmy 5 different ways. The only way I see someone beating HMC is off their back.

Wait, you dont think that Tim Sylvia ( 24/4 former UFC champion and a guy that took out...well a tone of guys..and crapped his pants) is more dangerous that Hong Man Choi ( 1-1 and never been a MMA champ or taken anyone out in MMA...except some chump and possibly a few guys after the fights...for drinks)???

I HAVE to ask you...are you drinking or on medications of ANY sort???

HMC is a one trick poney, granted Tim is a two trick poney, but at least he has experience and lots of it!

I dont like Tim one bit, and to be truthfull, I danced a bit in my office when I read he was out of the UFC....but HMC is better than Tim, or even a harder fight for Fedor? Wiskey? Wine? Terpintine? Dude what are you drinking??? :lol:

Records dont mean shit. Randy is 16-8 and his record surely doesn't do his accomplishments any justice. Tim is not a 2 trick pony IMO. Just because hes big doesn't make hima great wrestler. Tim is a solid *defensive* wrestler however it ends there. Id say that taking HMC down is as hard (if not harder) than taking Tim down. I also think that HMC is a much more dangerous striker than Tim is. In the end we can agree on one thing, Tim and HMC are PRIMARILY strikers who dont ever take the fight to the ground. I think that the only guys who can beat HMC in MMA are guys who can submit HMC from their back. Fedor, Nog, Werdum, Gonzaga, Barnett etc. Guys like Tim would have SERIOUS problems beating a guy like HMC just because of the match up alone. So if your asking me if I think HMC would beat Tim, then your answer is yes. I think HMC would have a great shot at beating Tim in an MMA fight. Not saying hed surely win but he would definitely give Tim all he can handle.
FEDORisGOD

Postby Latvian Lunatic » Fri Apr 18, 2008 9:56 pm

Kensei wrote:
qwerty wrote:
Kensei wrote:So, what you are all saying is Fedor gets another easy fight? I think that of all his last four fights this will be his most challenging...He might even get past the warm up phase of his fight!

Are you saying that Zulu is more of a threat than Timmy is against Fedor? :?

only at a buffet...and that is a toss up! :wink:

Normally I LQTM (laugh quietly to myself)
But Kensei, I had a good laugh with that. Spot on my friend.. spot on.
Image ImageImage
Latvian Lunatic
Black Belt
Black Belt

Postby Jewish-Spy » Mon Apr 21, 2008 1:32 pm

Going back a page before (Kensei), I never typed Fedor had easy fights. Even Lindland wasn't easy no matter how someone looks at it. To me Lindland is very tough and strong for his size. So in that department he matched up with Fedor quite evenly. What won this fight for Fedor was his skill and speed which should have been Lindland's forte.
Something I never admited to but Fedorisgod mentioned Tim's defensive skills are very good. I totally agree, just revisiting most of his fights he did show some great takedown defense against the best. Even Nogueira had some serious problems with it. The best fighters will have to spend tons of energy to take guys like these down.
However will we ever see this fight between that giant Korean and Tim?
Jewish-Spy
Red Belt
Red Belt

Postby FEDORisGOD » Mon Apr 21, 2008 1:41 pm

Jewish-Spy wrote:Going back a page before (Kensei), I never typed Fedor had easy fights. Even Lindland wasn't easy no matter how someone looks at it. To me Lindland is very tough and strong for his size. So in that department he matched up with Fedor quite evenly. What won this fight for Fedor was his skill and speed which should have been Lindland's forte.

Lindland is tougher than people give him credit for. Many people STILL believe he beat Rampage. Lindland was very close to subbing him and gave Rampage serious problems with his awkward style. The same Rampage who KTFO Chuck 2x who has Couture's kryptonite. Not using but MMA math but Lindland can compete at ANY weight from MW to HW. Fedor subbed him in under 2 minutes w/o throwing a single punch. It wook Werdum almost 8 minutes to sub Lindland in ADCC. I know its two different sports but Fedor's sub was impressive nonetheless. Funny thing is that Fedor was initially supposed to fight Randy on that night but Randy turned it down for 3 mill.

Something I never admited to but Fedorisgod mentioned Tim's defensive skills are very good. I totally agree, just revisiting most of his fights he did show some great takedown defense against the best. Even Nogueira had some serious problems with it. The best fighters will have to spend tons of energy to take guys like these down.
However will we ever see this fight between that giant Korean and Tim?

Tim has good defensive wrestling. Good at best. Even though hes quite tough to take down, everyone he has fought in the last 4 years with the exception of AA has been able to take him down. Only guy Tim fought in the last for years with comparable submission skills to Fedor is Nogueira and Nog subbed him 30seconds after pulling guard. Tim has the submission defense of a blue belt. 4 losses, all by sub except his loss to Randy which was fought on the ground where Tim got out hustled and outwrestled.

FEDORisGOD

Postby Jewish-Spy » Mon Apr 21, 2008 2:16 pm

I'd hate to type that but Randy was a much smarter fighter than Nog against Tim. I mean maybe it's a simple explanation but Randy's head movement and basically moving around stopped Tim's jab where I think he's most effective. That's where I think Nog took too much beating because he stood in front and tried to trade. There are two at UFC at the moment that can trade with Tim and possibly win (Arlovski and Herring). Even though Tim's never been lights out, he was rocked twice by Arlovski and Randy so I think someone can put him out eventually.
As for Lindland.. put him in the LHW or HW division in UFC and he'll be a threat to anyone.
Yeah I forgot that 3 mil turndown by Randy which solidifies my argument that Randy wants to end his career fighting Fedor. Now he would have to fight Nog and....
Jewish-Spy
Red Belt
Red Belt

Postby FEDORisGOD » Mon Apr 21, 2008 2:21 pm

Jewish-Spy wrote:I'd hate to type that but Randy was a much smarter fighter than Nog against Tim. I mean maybe it's a simple explanation but Randy's head movement and basically moving around stopped Tim's jab where I think he's most effective. That's where I think Nog took too much beating because he stood in front and tried to trade. There are two at UFC at the moment that can trade with Tim and possibly win (Arlovski and Herring). Even though Tim's never been lights out, he was rocked twice by Arlovski and Randy so I think someone can put him out eventually.

Randy and Nog are different fighters. Nog doesn't have Randy's wrestling and TD ability therefor he had to stand with Tim long enough to keep Tim honest and unsure of when the guard pull will happen.

Randy doesn't have Nog's chin. He cant risk standing with a striker like Tim for too long like Nog can therefor he used headmovement to get inside on Tim where he could use him wrestling.

Another thing is look what Randy did once he got Tim down. Nothing. Had Tim's back for a whole round and couldn't do shit. Nog subbed Timmy 20 seconds after taking him down.

Also, dont forget Nog fought a healthy Tim and Randy fought a severely injured Tim. If Randy fought the Tim Sylvia Nog faced, i think he would still win but would get nailed much more frequently.
FEDORisGOD

Postby Reymode » Mon Apr 21, 2008 2:26 pm

FEDORisGOD wrote:
Jewish-Spy wrote:I'd hate to type that but Randy was a much smarter fighter than Nog against Tim. I mean maybe it's a simple explanation but Randy's head movement and basically moving around stopped Tim's jab where I think he's most effective. That's where I think Nog took too much beating because he stood in front and tried to trade. There are two at UFC at the moment that can trade with Tim and possibly win (Arlovski and Herring). Even though Tim's never been lights out, he was rocked twice by Arlovski and Randy so I think someone can put him out eventually.

Randy and Nog are different fighters. Nog doesn't have Randy's wrestling and TD ability therefor he had to stand with Tim long enough to keep Tim honest and unsure of when the guard pull will happen. Also Randy is 44 years old. :lol:

Randy doesn't have Nog's chin. He cant risk standing with a striker like Tim for too long like Nog can therefor he used headmovement to get inside on Tim where he could use him wrestling.

Another thing is look what Randy did once he got Tim down. Nothing. Had Tim's back for a whole round and couldn't do shit. Nog subbed Timmy 20 seconds after taking him down.

Also, dont forget Nog fought a healthy Tim and Randy fought a severely injured Tim. If Randy fought the Tim Sylvia Nog faced, i think he would still win but would get nailed much more frequently.

You're point on Big Nog taking Timmy down and submitting him is valid but you also need to remember when it happened. Randy has his back in the first round. Timmy still in as bad shape is he is going to harder to sub in the 1st beginning than in the 3rd round.
Reymode
Red Belt
Red Belt

Postby Jewish-Spy » Mon Apr 21, 2008 2:57 pm

I don't know man. Nog took a lot of shots, I know he's not the same type o fighter Randy is but some more movement or whatever strategy would have been better for him and he still would have finished Tim with possibly less punishment.
I don't know if Randy would have won again against Tim. If he was really so severly injured I'll exuse him but Tim did not fight like any other fight. All it takes is one clean shot from Tim and Randy would be in trouble. It's almost unbelievable that Tim couldn't land at least one for 5 rounds
Jewish-Spy
Red Belt
Red Belt

Postby Reymode » Mon Apr 21, 2008 3:24 pm

Jewish-Spy wrote:I don't know man. Nog took a lot of shots, I know he's not the same type o fighter Randy is but some more movement or whatever strategy would have been better for him and he still would have finished Tim with possibly less punishment.
I don't know if Randy would have won again against Tim. If he was really so severly injured I'll exuse him but Tim did not fight like any other fight. All it takes is one clean shot from Tim and Randy would be in trouble. It's almost unbelievable that Tim couldn't land at least one for 5 rounds

Sorry but the back injury had nothing to with his loss against Couture, Sylvia openly admitted already after that night.
Reymode
Red Belt
Red Belt

Postby FEDORisGOD » Mon Apr 21, 2008 5:34 pm

Theres no way you can compare Tim's performance vs. Randy and Monson to Tim's performance vs. Vera and Nog. Two different guys. Like I said, Randy would have beaten either Tim, but IMO he would have gotten hit and tested a lot more.

Also, if you turn off the bias ass commentating from the Nog-Tim fight, you'll notice that Nog started to get the better of a lot of the exchanges later in the rounds. Nog's whole plan was to box long enough to keep Tim honest. Eventually there was an opening and Nog subbed Timmy 30 seconds after hitting the ground.
FEDORisGOD

Postby Kensei » Tue Apr 22, 2008 6:08 am

FEDORisGOD wrote:Theres no way you can compare Tim's performance vs. Randy and Monson to Tim's performance vs. Vera and Nog. Two different guys. Like I said, Randy would have beaten either Tim, but IMO he would have gotten hit and tested a lot more.

Two?....Sylvia seems to show up a different fighter each time he steps in the ring!
In his fight with Ricco and McGee he was an ANIMAL, he was a stand up fighter that rushed in and punched his way to a quick win!

Then he tried the same against Mir and had his arm shattered, and he looked good up till then but had NO ground game.

He went into the first Arlovski fight as a slower plodding puncher and once AA Got the ankle he tapped out so fast, I guess he was shy of getting hurt by submission again!

Then against Tra he looked to be back on form, rushing in and found out he could kick to!

Went in against Silva and faught one of the most Dull fights I have ever seen! Defensive and dull!

Second fight with AA and he was plodding a bit but had a bit more pepper in his movements and KO'd (not completely) AA with a shot after recovering from being stunned himself. Third fight and they were both looking very defensive!

He comes in against Monson, a great grappler and he does not look scared of the submissions at all. He reinvents himself as a GREAT counter grappler against one of the best grapplers in the HW division of the UFC at the time. The guy stuffed EVERYTHING and used his robotic boxing to actually do alot of damage to Monson, hell he even went for a submission of his own...and did not shit himself!

Then he matches up against Randy and drops the grappling and goes back to the same JAB ATHONE that he got boo'd for in the AA fights. He gets out boxed by a smaller guy with a shorter reach! And loses his strap!

Gets healthy and goes in against Vera were he showed the clinch game we had not seen much of...except against Silva. He outworked the faster small guy and took advantage of Veras busted hand by keeping it standing and inside so Vera could not chop him down...when did he develop game plan ability?

Then he goes against the current champ and basically goes back to dirty boxing. He was doing fantastic on the feet and was winning by points, but he lost when the submissions came into play. A quick take down and a submission that was executed perfectly! Not Tims Fault for losing that one, it was slick!

FEDORisGOD wrote:Also, if you turn off the bias ass commentating from the Nog-Tim fight, you'll notice that Nog started to get the better of a lot of the exchanges later in the rounds. Nog's whole plan was to box long enough to keep Tim honest. Eventually there was an opening and Nog subbed Timmy 30 seconds after hitting the ground.

I dont know if that was his game plan at all. He stated he wanted to take him down and sub him because he felt that was his weak point (tims). But Tim was hard to get in on and he felt comfortable on his feet for a while. I am not sure that was the best game plan for Nogs face, but it sure seemed to work! :lol:

Kensei

Postby Jewish-Spy » Wed Apr 23, 2008 6:27 pm

it worked in the end :)
Jewish-Spy
Red Belt
Red Belt

PreviousNext

Return to Fighters