Login Sign Up

Fedor Emelianenko

Talk about the fighters here.

Moderators: GrappleorWrestle, stevebags, Gurre

Postby fightDR » Sun May 04, 2008 9:01 am

Dana has also gained alot of fans in the UK also by bringing the UFC to the UK quite a few times and I am 1 of the people he has made happy by doing so. Not only that but he has had some good fight cards with some VERY big fights including the Champ Vs Champ fight between page and Hendo. The guy at what he does is second to none and not just the UFC but MMA in general is where it is largely cos of him.
Like I said earlier he brought mma and ufc Main stream existance, it is impossible to argue that.
Love all mma, and big UFC fan but I do miss Pride.
Big Supporter or British MMA so a shout out to Micheal Bisbing, Paul Taylor and Dan Hardy who are representing well and makeing their mark in the UFC!!!
fightDR
Brown(3) Belt
Brown(3) Belt

Postby Jewish-Spy » Sat May 17, 2008 8:33 am

Exactly that's what sucks. He made a huge splash with MMA all over the place THUS bastardized it and made me slowly start to despise it.
All these training shows being showed on TV and all this talk about UFC and MMA is gay beyond anything. Of course some fights will always be entertaining but the masses that flock into this without any clues just make me sick to my stomach. White is definitely the one who bastardized it and I hate that.
Jewish-Spy
Red Belt
Red Belt

Postby fightDR » Sat May 17, 2008 10:49 pm

I can understand you not liking some of what Dana has done, but the guy has done more for getting mma to the masses than probably anybody before him or after him.
The guy is a Genius, We all watch the UFC on tv and lets face it without Dana we wouldn't be. The guy does deserve alot of respect and has made the UFC into the biggest brand in the world.
Big Supporter or British MMA so a shout out to Micheal Bisbing, Paul Taylor and Dan Hardy who are representing well and makeing their mark in the UFC!!!
fightDR
Brown(3) Belt
Brown(3) Belt

Postby Asa87 » Sun May 18, 2008 4:31 am

fightDR wrote:I can understand you not liking some of what Dana has done, but the guy has done more for getting mma to the masses than probably anybody before him or after him.
The guy is a Genius, We all watch the UFC on tv and lets face it without Dana we wouldn't be. The guy does deserve alot of respect and has made the UFC into the biggest brand in the world.

that's kinda what jew is saying he hates.. and i see where he's coming from.

think of it this way, you've been listening to a band/artist for ever, they're not very big but they're still your favourite band/artist and all of a sudden they explode into the charts and become number 1. and everyone loves them, everyone doesnt have a clue about them but loves them.
"Simplicity is the key to brilliance" - Bruce Lee

"Imagination is more important than knowledge" - Albert Einstein
Asa87
Red Belt
Red Belt

Postby fightDR » Sun May 18, 2008 5:13 am

Then in that case Dana White has done his job and done it amazingly. You can't hate a guy for doing what the SPORT needed to survive. Yes the UFC has it's groupies Bauwow has proved that but when you look past that bull shit it's a fantastic product. Even though Spy might say he hates it and might be 'gay' as he puts it i bet he watches it as an mma fan, I know i do.
Don't agree with all of what Dana says and does, the GUY is Great for the sport and the UFC is where it is cos off him.
fightDR
Brown(3) Belt
Brown(3) Belt

Postby mma-video » Tue May 20, 2008 3:56 am

stevebags wrote:Can Anyone beat this guy? I thought Nog would beat him and i was so wrong, So who can beat him?

If Sylvia beats Fedor where the hell does that leave him???
mma-video
White Belt
White Belt

Postby Kensei » Tue May 20, 2008 5:59 am

Asa87 wrote:that's kinda what jew is saying he hates.. and i see where he's coming from.

think of it this way, you've been listening to a band/artist for ever, they're not very big but they're still your favourite band/artist and all of a sudden they explode into the charts and become number 1. and everyone loves them, everyone doesnt have a clue about them but loves them.

And your point is? So, what you are saying is that you would rather the UFC and MMA in general be some small even with only a few fans? Think about it boys! The bigger it is in general the better it is for those loyal fans that started watching it when Tito was helping Tank get ready for a fight with Joe nobody! Come on. The argument about the Newbie fans is LAME!

It is like some old fracker who is a Cubs fan getting mad at the ten year old kid that just started to love them, has no idea about their past and is pretty ignorant of anything but the new guys on the feild! Sad on the part of the old man!!

Lets face it, the more fans that the UFC and MMA gets the better for the fighters, the better for the fans and better for the owners. It is a relationship that will grow and benefit everyone. Better cards for us old farts too!

I think that many fans (old guys like us) get a feeling of owning the card. Silly if you ask me! But we do it. Lets get over it and realize the benefits of those idiots.....er newbies starting to like the game!

Even monkeys fall out of trees!
Kensei

Postby fightDR » Tue May 20, 2008 7:30 am

Kensie i agree with you more than 100% if it was possible.
The sport is still growing and their are lots of people ignorant to it. they still think its mindless ignorant violence. The UFC is helping people see there is far more to it and they when they get a taste will hopefully start to open their minds to other organisations and other aspects of the sport.

UFC may be top of the charts and we have tp respect that and understand thats its a brand people know. Dana has done his job and it's he educated people that have to see past that and realise and even help promote fighters outside the ufc and othe rorganisations to.
fightDR
Brown(3) Belt
Brown(3) Belt

Postby famedbauwow » Wed May 21, 2008 1:58 pm

Big Tim by KO, cant wait, suck it FIG
famedbauwow
Purple Belt
Purple Belt

Postby Kensei » Wed May 21, 2008 2:09 pm

famedbauwow wrote:Big Tim by KO, cant wait, suck it FIG

LMAO, I love when the wise show up! :shock:

Tim can not hang with Fedor for long and he wont KO him. I think IF Tim wins it will be a decision. But I just can not see that happening.

I must say though, this is the most challenging fight he has taken in two years. So I am happy to say, Fedor is back in the "real fight" mode, lets see if it lasts.

Kensei

Postby Asa87 » Wed May 21, 2008 3:00 pm

Kensei wrote:
Asa87 wrote:that's kinda what jew is saying he hates.. and i see where he's coming from.

And your point is? So, what you are saying is that you would rather the UFC and MMA in general be some small even with only a few fans? Think about it boys! The bigger it is in general the better it is for those loyal fans that started watching it when Tito was helping Tank get ready for a fight with Joe nobody! Come on. The argument about the Newbie fans is LAME!

It is like some old fracker who is a Cubs fan getting mad at the ten year old kid that just started to love them, has no idea about their past and is pretty ignorant of anything but the new guys on the feild! Sad on the part of the old man!!

Lets face it, the more fans that the UFC and MMA gets the better for the fighters, the better for the fans and better for the owners. It is a relationship that will grow and benefit everyone. Better cards for us old farts too!

I think that many fans (old guys like us) get a feeling of owning the card. Silly if you ask me! But we do it. Lets get over it and realize the benefits of those idiots.....er newbies starting to like the game!

Settle down old timer, you might have a heart attack :)

i was just trying to put jew's point across better, personally i think UFC is awesome being huge, but like i said it is a bit annoying that heaps of yobs flock to the sport just in the hope of seeing someone getting twated.. and dn't understand the beauty of martial arts. When i seen george st pierre judo hip toss matt serra to the ground and go for a kimura then fluently roll into an armbar - i almost came. when people over look that kind of skill due to ignorance it gets me annoyed. that's where i stand. Do you know what i mean?
"Simplicity is the key to brilliance" - Bruce Lee

"Imagination is more important than knowledge" - Albert Einstein
Asa87
Red Belt
Red Belt

Postby Doylerules » Wed May 21, 2008 7:08 pm

Grappling is underappreciated by the casual fan but personaly ill love a great throw or slick submission just as much as a knockout. When fedor got suplexed by randleman that was awsome i was cringing at the fact fedor nearly got his neck snapped but at the same time i am thinking DAAAM.
highschool Wrestling,boxing and some BJJ
Doylerules
Blue Belt
Blue Belt

Postby fightDR » Wed May 21, 2008 11:30 pm

famedbauwow wrote:Big Tim by KO, cant wait, suck it FIG

WOW, you really dont know what your talking about do you...I'm not sure you realise this is an mma forum not a UFC forum. I don't think you have ever seen Fedor fight or a fight outside the ufc. So why don't you go educate yourself on mma a little then come back when you have.

Fedor may take a few punches vut i think he will finish Tim, Sylvia has lost for the Hunger and desiree to go out there and beat the shit out of people. He is however a top HW if such a thing exists at the min so its a great fight for both. Just better for Fedor but tim has alot on this too. Win and he is a WOW fighter. lose and just another UFC drop out.
fightDR
Brown(3) Belt
Brown(3) Belt

Postby Kensei » Thu May 22, 2008 8:27 am

Asa87 wrote:
Settle down old timer, you might have a heart attack :)

i was just trying to put jew's point across better, personally i think UFC is awesome being huge, but like i said it is a bit annoying that heaps of yobs flock to the sport just in the hope of seeing someone getting twated.. and dn't understand the beauty of martial arts. When i seen george st pierre judo hip toss matt serra to the ground and go for a kimura then fluently roll into an armbar - i almost came. when people over look that kind of skill due to ignorance it gets me annoyed. that's where i stand. Do you know what i mean?

Okay, I see your point. The UFC fighters have some great skills....some of them. :wink:

Kensei

Postby Latvian Lunatic » Mon May 26, 2008 6:20 pm

If it werent for the big stage, fighrters wouldnt get the paydays they deserve. Or ath;etic commisions trying to keep them safe too. It is a drag that these loser celebrities come out of nowhere and watch cause it's the in thing. But it's a small price to pay for the development of the sport itself. For those seeking a new underground sport.. I suggest Amish Rake Fighting :)
Image ImageImage
Latvian Lunatic
Black Belt
Black Belt

PreviousNext

Return to Fighters