Moderators: GrappleorWrestle, stevebags, Gurre

Postby Gurre » Mon Jul 03, 2006 8:13 am

great news guys
Gurre
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby FEDORisGOD » Tue Jul 04, 2006 12:17 am

REASONS WHY FEDOR WILL NOT LOSE UNLESS HE FIGHTS PAST HIS RETIREMENT AGE:

1. Fedor punches harder than any one in the sport.
2. He defends better than any one in the sport. (watch how he blocks cro cop's kicks)
3. Fedor is a World Sambo And Judo Champ wich means he has the upper hand on any fighter he faces with the acception of Nog.
4. Not only does he have offensive and defensive skills wich can be tought, Fedor has the chin and purseverance of a CHAMPION! He took Mirko's kick allthough Mirko was a bit tired. He took the Fujita punch and knocked him out and RNCH him. Also took that suplex on his neck from Randleman and had the presence of mind to flip him over and tap him out.
5. Fedor has the best game plan. He never does anything un-necessary. He punches when he needs to punch and doesn't take more than a split second to drop that submition if need be. He is one of the only fighters who truelly looks to exploit every apponents weakness rather than Mirko who trys knocking people out wich is why he has that deuche bag Verdum as his ground coach.
6. Fedor has an amazing training team and training routine. The fact that he hasn't use weights for training in years shows what kind of trainers he has.
7. What I believe makes Fedor unbeatable is his mental mindstate. No emotions and no disrespect to the sport. All he thinks about is exploiting his apponents weaknesses. This is why I feel Mirko can not beat him. Mirko never has a gameplan other than getting his legs squared for that brutal kick.
Thats why Fedor kept pressuring him wich lead to a broken nose for Fedor. Regardless Mirko never really got his feet set and was fighting on the run away the whole fight.
8. Fedor is physically superior to any one in MMA but what I think makes him so amazing his mentality for the fight.
9. Last reason is his G & P! No one is even a third as vicous when it comes to the ground and pound! Get under Fedor and unless you have the legs of cro cop to push him off, your face will get turned to pancakes. lol
FEDORisGOD

Postby Gurre » Tue Jul 04, 2006 8:22 am

Fedor didn't KO Fujita. He rocked him, but it was no knock out. Is Fedor really the Judo world champion? I'd like to see some proof for this. Also, Meghomedov blocked Mirko's kick with his face. He took it well too. Anyone can get knocked out, even Fujita and Nogueira. It just takes a little more punches.
Gurre
Site Admin
Site Admin

fedor

Postby FEDORisGOD » Tue Jul 04, 2006 4:12 pm

Im sorry for giving you off stats about Fedor's Judo career. Here are his career Sambo and Judo accomplishments:

Judo
Moscow International Tournament 100 kg weight 3rd place (January 24, 1999)
A-Tournament Sofia 100 kg weight 3rd place (February 7, 1999)
Russian Championships Kstovo (absolute division) 3rd place (December 5, 1999 according to JudoInside; 1998 according to the Fedor's official website).
Dutch Grand Prix Rotterdam 100 kg weight - 7th place (April 1, 2000)
[edit]
Sambo
Russian Combat Sambo Champion (Moscow championship, 2002)
World Combat Sambo Champion (heavyweight division) (Saloniki, Greece, 2002)
World Combat Sambo Champion (absolute division) (Panama, 2002)
World Combat Sambo Champion (heavyweight division) (Prague, Czech Republic, 2005)

ALSO:
he dint knock out fujita but he did give him an amazing left leg kick to the liver wich was followed up by 2 pin point shots to the chin. One thing I forgot to write about Fedor is that he is ambadextrous with both legs and and hands when it comes to kicking and punching. Mirko is only ambadextrous with his legs..if that...
FEDORisGOD

Postby Gurre » Wed Jul 05, 2006 7:07 am

No, Mirko kicks the hardest with his left. He says so himself. His coaches also agree.

for the Judo stuff, I only see 3rd places at best. That doesn't make you a world champ. It doesn't even make you a champ.

Legkick to the liver? I thought legkicks where to the legs?

And do you mean "ambidextrous"? That means "can use both hands equally". And how can someone be ambidextrous with BOTH legs?

As for Fedor's hands... I've never seen him change the stance. I've only seen 2 or 3 kicks in Pride by him. That says he's not a kicker, he' a puncher. If you kick as hard as let's say Mirko, chances are you won't be as close with your less favoured leg. If you're a weak kicker, you are more likely to be able to kick as hard with your less favoured leg.
Gurre
Site Admin
Site Admin

i disagree.

Postby FEDORisGOD » Wed Jul 05, 2006 2:41 pm

i disagree.. if u watch fedor fight he doesnt necessarly need to change his stance to be effective with either punching hand..watch his fight witch Zuluzinho, Fedor hit him with a left and dropped him. If u seen a faster left from a right handed fighter ill be amazed. Watch his kick to Fujita, that was a HARD left kick for some one who is a right hander and for some one who was doing as u say, "the fish dance" 10 seconds before that. Also, I believe that Mirko does have the hardest kick in the game but he needs to have his feet set to let it off and fedor never really let him do that, and when he did let him kick Fedor blocked it real clean. Also how bout that kick in the end of their fight that Fedor got on Cro Cop to Mirko's inside leg. That kick was just as hard as any kick iv ever seeen because in that instant cro cop tried to hit fedor with this famous left and got it right inside that knee. Also just because hes not a Judo Champ doesnt mean anything. Hes a COMBAT SAMBO champ. Read up on Combat Sambo and how effective it is. Also placing 3rd a Couple times in World Judo Comps. Only adds to your game. Fedors ground game is amazing. Watch how he handled Coleman.
FEDORisGOD

Postby Gurre » Thu Jul 06, 2006 9:15 am

FEDORisGOD wrote:REASONS WHY FEDOR WILL NOT LOSE UNLESS HE FIGHTS PAST HIS RETIREMENT AGE:

3. Fedor is a World Sambo And Judo Champ wich means he has the upper hand on any fighter he faces with the acception of Nog.

that's what you said. I bring your facts up, and I chack them. Most of them proved wrong.

If you read a little on this forum, you will see that I have researched Sombo quite a bit. I also know that it's actually called SOMBO or SOMB and not SAMBO. Check your facts, then come back and discuss like a normal person. Sure Fedor is a very good fighter, the best in the world. But he isn't inhuman. He isn't the best in the world when it comes to anything, except Sombo. His biggest strength is that he is allround. He's not the best striker, or wrestler, or submission guy around.But the combination of his skills is what makes him good. Also his great gameplans.
Gurre
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby groundnpound » Thu Jul 06, 2006 1:49 pm

GrappleorWrestle wrote:Correspondent: After returning from Korea, you had the operation on your hand. How did it go? What did the doctors say? How soon can you fight again?

Fedor: My operation was on January 26th. The doctors broke the bone, then set it correctly and it's all held together with a small metal plate. You can see it all in the x-rays. The doctors are satisfied by the result.

http://fedor.bel.ru/pics/news/Hp48ut

Will do another operation to remove the plates. Right now, my hand is definitely not capable of doing much. For 2-3 weeks, even running is impossible for me, let alone lifting weights...

http://fedor.bel.ru/pics/news/JOF0Tm

Thanks for information, bro. I hope he heals up well.
groundnpound
Yellow Belt
Yellow Belt

Postby groundnpound » Thu Jul 06, 2006 2:19 pm

If you read a little on this forum, you will see that I have researched Sombo quite a bit. I also know that it's actually called SOMBO or SOMB and not SAMBO.

It is my understanding that Sambo is also known under these other terms that you have mentioned, not “actually” known, which implies that it is never known as Sambo. Can you show that the discipline should not be referred to as Sambo?

He isn't the best in the world when it comes to anything, except Sombo.

He is the best PRIDE heavyweight fighter in the world.

that's what you said. I bring your facts up, and I chack them. Most of them proved wrong.

Did you mean “check”?

:roll:
groundnpound
Yellow Belt
Yellow Belt

Postby FEDORisGOD » Thu Jul 06, 2006 6:05 pm

Gurre wrote:because Fedor has trouble in that fight. It was rather even. Sure Fedor won on points. No doubt. But Mirko is still one of very few to take Fedor the distance and to give him trouble all fight long. Nogueira got pounded twice, those were worse. I still wouldn't say he beat anyone with one hand.

What are you talking about fairly even? Cro Cop was running like a little bitch the whole fight trying to get his feet squared for that brutal kick wich Fedor beautifully blocked multiple times. Everytime they clinched Fedor took him to the ground with finesse takedown techniques unlike Coleman and Gardner who just tried to out strengthen Mirko. Ima huge fan of Mirko and I dont discredit him in any way but to say that fight was fairly even is ridiculous. Cro Cop was on the run away the whole fight. PRIDE judges dont even care about who takes who the distance. They care about who pushes the pace of the fight. Cro Cop is one of the greatest fighters in MMA history but he will never beat Fedor and he will never be PRIDE HW Champ!
FEDORisGOD

Postby Gurre » Sat Jul 08, 2006 5:54 am

he who lives shall see.
Gurre
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby groundnpound » Wed Jul 19, 2006 6:47 am

Have you guys heard what Tim Silvia said (recently?) about Fedor? I laughed so hard. He pretty much said that he could take Fedor because he's "a tiny little shit". Poor fool.
groundnpound
Yellow Belt
Yellow Belt

Postby Gurre » Wed Jul 19, 2006 9:47 am

I'd love to see that slaughter... I mean fight
Gurre
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby GrappleorWrestle » Wed Jul 19, 2006 10:03 am

What? Did Tim Sylvia really say that? Provide me with a link please.
Not to cross train cripples the martial arts, without it you can become a mechanic, but never an artist.
- E. Cates

Gold medals aren't really made of gold. They're made of sweat, determination, and a hard-to-find alloy called guts.
- Dan Gable
GrappleorWrestle
Black Belt
Black Belt

Postby stevebags » Wed Jul 19, 2006 2:11 pm

surely Tim isnt that deluded, even Dana admits the UFC HW div isnt strong
"...the man who really counts in the world is the doer, not the mere critic-the man who actually does the work, even if roughly and imperfectly, not the man who only talks or writes about how it ought to be done."

http://www.myspace.com/stevebaggaley
stevebags
Black Belt
Black Belt

PreviousNext

Return to Fighters