Login Sign Up

Forrest Griffin

Talk about the fighters here.

Moderators: GrappleorWrestle, stevebags, Gurre

Postby GrappleorWrestle » Mon Jul 28, 2008 4:16 pm

Liddell vs. Evans supposedly. I would rather see Liddell vs. Forrest than Evans vs. Forrest. Nothing against Rashad but I want to see someone really punish Forrest and see how he handles it. That is if Liddell still has it.
Not to cross train cripples the martial arts, without it you can become a mechanic, but never an artist.
- E. Cates

Gold medals aren't really made of gold. They're made of sweat, determination, and a hard-to-find alloy called guts.
- Dan Gable
GrappleorWrestle
Black Belt
Black Belt

Postby FEDORisGOD » Mon Jul 28, 2008 5:06 pm

If Rampage couldnt beat Forrest niether will Liddell. Forrest will out point Liddell with kicks just like Jardine did.

Chuck isnt more accurate than Rampage nor does he hit as hard and NO his cardio isnt half as good. Forrest would decision Liddell, you can bank on it.

Rashad wouldnt be a better fight either. Rashad IMO is pathetic.

I wanna see Forrest vs. Machida!
FEDORisGOD

Postby Kensei » Tue Jul 29, 2008 5:29 am

I like forrest, but I wanna see him fight Wandi! I dont care what anyone says, when Wandi is on he gives a great show. He is like a Dog man, you have to shoot him to put him down!!

Even monkeys fall out of trees!
Kensei

Postby qwerty » Tue Jul 29, 2008 8:54 am

Kensei wrote:I like forrest, but I wanna see him fight Wandi! I dont care what anyone says, when Wandi is on he gives a great show. He is like a Dog man, you have to shoot him to put him down!!

Haha, sparing partners to fight each other... I hope Wandi breaks Forrest's nose this time around! :)
qwerty
Black Belt
Black Belt

Postby GrappleorWrestle » Tue Jul 29, 2008 9:10 am

Forrest can take a beating, but there's different kinds of beatings. You have your Stephan Bonnars and those fighters, and then you have your Wanderlea Silva.

Forrest, I hope you are ready for your next opponent because I want you to win so I can see Machida take you on.
Not to cross train cripples the martial arts, without it you can become a mechanic, but never an artist.
- E. Cates

Gold medals aren't really made of gold. They're made of sweat, determination, and a hard-to-find alloy called guts.
- Dan Gable
GrappleorWrestle
Black Belt
Black Belt

Postby fightDR » Fri Aug 01, 2008 12:20 pm

Forrest is a fucking animal and will always be a fighter I like to watch and am very glad he got his belt. That said however Wandi on his day would beat his ass badly as he brings violence to the cage that he has just never faced before.

I would love to see the winner of Machida Vs. Thiago Silva be the next champion however as the winner of that fight would have legitimate claim to be number #1 contender. Who could argue with that as both men are awesome exciting fighters, so that said I look forward to machida getting the belt soon enough and owning it for some time.
Love all mma, and big UFC fan but I do miss Pride.
Big Supporter or British MMA so a shout out to Micheal Bisbing, Paul Taylor and Dan Hardy who are representing well and makeing their mark in the UFC!!!
fightDR
Brown(3) Belt
Brown(3) Belt

Postby DarkHorse » Sat Aug 30, 2008 8:25 pm

One of the most overrated fighters to date IMO...
DarkHorse
Orange Belt
Orange Belt

Postby fightDR » Sun Aug 31, 2008 2:46 am

DarkHorse wrote:One of the most overrated fighters to date IMO...

Well he is LHW champion with back to back wins over Shogun and Rampage. Always gives 100% and fights are often exciting. I wouldn't say he is the best LHW by no means but over rated he isn't and right now he deserves his hype for the time being. So thats a little unfair to say that of him at this point. I think he's great for the UFC and MMA in general.
Big Supporter or British MMA so a shout out to Micheal Bisbing, Paul Taylor and Dan Hardy who are representing well and makeing their mark in the UFC!!!
fightDR
Brown(3) Belt
Brown(3) Belt

Postby DarkHorse » Sun Aug 31, 2008 7:12 am

I just fail to be impressed with him. Everyone was so blown away by him beating Shogun, yet they failed to realize he had a torn ACL and wasn't fighting to even half of what he's capable of. I thought Rampage won their fight and the UD really pissed me off. If he'd rematch either guy at 100% focus and health he'd have been torn apart IMO.
DarkHorse
Orange Belt
Orange Belt

Postby fightDR » Sun Aug 31, 2008 8:57 am

Well I can see the Shogun point, I would have loved to have seen shogun 100% in his fight with Griffin but as for Rampage I gotta say Griffin deserved that win. At best maybe a draw but Rampage did not win that fight.
Forrest is very good in all areas without being really great in any, he has the heart and determination that makes him better and easy to train. He has been in some great fights and is one of them guys who is always good to watch. Like him or not the guy has good skills and is always good to have on a fight card.
fightDR
Brown(3) Belt
Brown(3) Belt

Postby DarkHorse » Sun Aug 31, 2008 8:59 pm

He's good and puts on shows, but I just don't think he's a top tier LHW. I want to see Rampage/Griffin 2 so bad and a rematch with Shogun.
DarkHorse
Orange Belt
Orange Belt

Postby fightDR » Mon Sep 01, 2008 1:53 am

Well he has done well to win the Belt and now he has to prove that he owns it. He has to beat whoever the UFC puts in front of him and look good in doing so. He has the skills to do it, now he has to do it again and again in the main events.
fightDR
Brown(3) Belt
Brown(3) Belt

Re: Forrest Griffin

Postby Kensei » Sun Dec 28, 2008 10:41 am

Okay, now what....Sugar is the Champ and Howdy dudie is back to the chalk board??
Kensei

Forrest Griffin's Thread

Postby Kim » Thu Jun 11, 2009 11:24 am

Look confused guys, some girls actually like the nice guy. We are not all screwed up, looking for wrong attention b/c daddy wasn't around when I grew up, girls. Yes, Forrest has a look that sorta reminds me of Curious George with his face shape and ears. Funny I know, but not bad. He's not a cover model, but by no means is he ugly.

However, it's his personality that makes him cute. He isn't overly cocky! He knows he can fight, but he doesn't talk as much smack as a lot of jerks. He is respectful when he wins. He doesn't get all in everybody's face and act all tough. He seems to be in it for the fighting and the love of fighting not the beat your chest, I'm the best of the world. We all aren't the best in the world; you can't be. He likes fighting and he appears to be a decent guy. Get off his back!

As a mother and female fan of mma, I'd be proud if my son behaved in public like Forrest. I mean any guy who spoons another guy on television by accident and can laugh about it has to be a pretty decent guy. Somebody else would be trying to explain his way out and deny his passion for winning etc. I think anybody who claims Forrest doesn't belong doesn't have the best interests of MMA in mind.
Kim
Yellow Belt
Yellow Belt

Re: Forrest Griffin's Thread

Postby qwerty » Thu Jun 11, 2009 12:22 pm

[quote="Kim"]As a mother and female fan of mma, I'd be proud if my son behaved in public like Forrest. [/quote]

When you say Forrest, do you mean Forrest Griffin or Forrest Gump? J/K, so your son doesn't behave like that?
qwerty
Black Belt
Black Belt

PreviousNext

Return to Fighters