Login Sign Up

Forrest Griffin

Talk about the fighters here.

Moderators: GrappleorWrestle, stevebags, Gurre

Re: Forrest Griffin

Postby DisciplineHopes » Mon Aug 10, 2009 5:39 am

yea i was VERY VERY disappointed in griffin. hes got way more than that. he didnt come to fight.
DisciplineHopes
Red Belt
Red Belt

Postby Kensei » Mon Aug 10, 2009 9:54 am

I think Forrest had a good game plan, perhaps the only one a LHW could use to match the speed of Silva, but he did not work it. He needs a mental coach like Jackson to help him stick to the plan. He planned on rushing him and takeing him down, but somehow got stuck on the idea of punching him.
Kensei

Postby qwerty » Mon Aug 10, 2009 10:51 am

Forrest is a brawler and always wants to entertain the crowd. Maybe it had something to do with the previous lacklusters fights or something else and he didn't want that to continue so he decided to stand with Silva. She should've stuck with his game plan and try to take Silva down.

Now what's up with Silva, putting his hands to try and help Forrest out after getting knock down the second time. I though that was inappropriate and put a bad taste in my mouth. Totally unnecessay. I guess it's all part of the mental game.
qwerty
Black Belt
Black Belt

Postby DisciplineHopes » Mon Aug 10, 2009 11:17 am

[quote="qwerty"]Forrest is a brawler and always wants to entertain the crowd. Maybe it had something to do with the previous lacklusters fights or something else and he didn't want that to continue so he decided to stand with Silva. She should've stuck with his game plan and try to take Silva down.

Now what's up with Silva, putting his hands to try and help Forrest out after getting knock down the second time. I though that was inappropriate and put a bad taste in my mouth. Totally unnecessay. I guess it's all part of the mental game.[/quote]

im not sure how to take that situation. im not sure if he was being a smart ass or really trying or what but its obvious silva wanted to stand so he was probasbly just trying to get griffins ass back up to knock him down again.
DisciplineHopes
Red Belt
Red Belt

Postby qwerty » Mon Aug 10, 2009 11:24 am

Well Forrest is already getting humilated enough, I mean that dude is emotional LOL - it's like kicking dirt when a guy is already down. It's no wonder he rain out of the octagon "RUN FORREST, RUN!"
qwerty
Black Belt
Black Belt

Postby DisciplineHopes » Mon Aug 10, 2009 12:18 pm

[quote="qwerty"]Well Forrest is already getting humilated enough, I mean that dude is emotional LOL - it's like kicking dirt when a guy is already down. It's no wonder he rain out of the octagon "RUN FORREST, RUN!"[/quote]

lol very true. hes always been emotional but i dont always see that being a negative. funny stuff.....RUN FORREST, RUN!!!
DisciplineHopes
Red Belt
Red Belt

Postby qwerty » Mon Aug 10, 2009 4:34 pm

You know, this isn't the first time he ran out, he did the same shit when he got his ass beat by Keith Jardin so I am not sure why people are buzzing.

Some people just take defeats differently. Some of them go on a 'Rampage' and sleep deprive themselves, drive big trucks, do some hit and run on the road.....while others run. Forrest is a runner. It's no biggy.
qwerty
Black Belt
Black Belt

Postby Kensei » Tue Aug 11, 2009 4:24 am

I also agree with qwerty and never thought of it that way before. "standing on display as a loser" is kind of humiliating. That fight was humiliating seeing as everyone thought he had a great chance and Silva kind of made fun of him.

I am not sure if the reaching down to help him up is sportsmanship or humiliation. I hope Hendo trains hard and gets that belt off him and humiliates him a bit. I kind of hope he lands some solid GNP and rocks the champ to the point he can offer him a hand up as the bell rings.

His antics are not forgivable seeing as he won a fight by KO. the fans are a bit easy to sway when it comes to that. I mean if Brock came out in his next fight, beat the guy and said "he was a tough guy, I got lucky and want to thank him for his efforts...it was just my day" Many fans would forget about him being an A_HOLE and just accept him as a nice guy suddenly!

Anderson is a cocky prick that needs to be reminded he is not 100/0 in the ring and he is not made of gold! He can be beat and should be beaten down to prove he is not the unstopable guy that he seems to think he is. And the Cute crap he pulls in the ring is going to get him hurt once someone who used to fighting bigger names comes in and crushes him. Cote almost did it by out pointing him up until he blew out his knee. He almost proved that Andersons attitude can defeat him in the ring. cote was ahead on points in a fight that basically Anderson was giving him....Cote was winning by landing a few and then getting out of distance all while Silva was dancing and acting the class fool!
Kensei

Postby DisciplineHopes » Tue Aug 11, 2009 5:33 am

[quote="Shadow"]I still like him. I agree with qwerty that some people take it differently. How wants to stand and be on displace as the loser. It just most people stand and take it. Some of these fights are boring. I love when its mixed up with something or someone off the wall.[/quote]

same here. day in and day out its the same routine. a little spice is nice.
DisciplineHopes
Red Belt
Red Belt

Postby shift » Fri Aug 21, 2009 10:09 am

Griffin has a lot of work to do. He needs to go to Thailand for 6 months
shift
Blue Belt
Blue Belt

Postby qwerty » Fri Aug 21, 2009 10:53 am

Where is Forrest? I haven't heard about him for awhile now.
qwerty
Black Belt
Black Belt

Postby DisciplineHopes » Fri Aug 21, 2009 11:43 am

yea ya know i still havent heard much from or about him since the last embarrasment. still ike him but come out of the woodworks wherever you are. randy needs to go chase him down.
DisciplineHopes
Red Belt
Red Belt

Postby shift » Fri Aug 21, 2009 11:21 pm

RUN FORREST RUN
shift
Blue Belt
Blue Belt

Previous

Return to Fighters