Talk about the fighters here.

Moderators: GrappleorWrestle, stevebags, Gurre

Postby famedbauwow » Mon Mar 24, 2008 9:12 am

UFC is where the money is at.
famedbauwow
Purple Belt
Purple Belt

Postby famedbauwow » Sat Mar 29, 2008 8:07 pm

Damn did anyone watch that, what a war, Shamrock proved he has a chin of granite, took a beatin, thought he had lee for a second in the third, good entertaining fight.
famedbauwow
Purple Belt
Purple Belt

Postby shift » Sat Mar 29, 2008 8:28 pm

cung le won
shift
Blue Belt
Blue Belt

Postby Kensei » Sat Mar 29, 2008 8:51 pm

He had a chin of granite, but he broke his arm and could not continue. I say Le loses to ANYONE that is smart enough to realise that he has NO groung game for subs. I think Frank was an Idiot for not taking it down!

Frank played a stupid fight and did not take it serious till he got caught in the third. It looked like a sparring match that got out of hand at the end. When and if frank comes back and takes on Le he should try to get him down and beat him were he KNOWS he can not play his game...what a moron!

Even monkeys fall out of trees!
Kensei

Postby shift » Sun Mar 30, 2008 12:03 am

I agree...in my opinion always use what works no matter how boring. The bottom line is to win, not prove that you box or kick box better.

When Frank was teeing off on Cung in the 3rd he shoulda taken him down. Cung was rocked, he should have capitalized on it and taken him down and submitted him.

I want to see the rematch.
shift
Blue Belt
Blue Belt

Postby FEDORisGOD » Sun Mar 30, 2008 11:34 am

Its not as easy to take down Le as you guys think. His Sanshou backround makes him very effective with sweeps from close. Id go as far to say that Shamrock knew he wouldn't be able to get him down. Shamrock had a full BODYLOCK on Cung in the first and still couldn't do shit with it.

Le is a very tough fighter to deal with because he is so awkward. Great fight, cant wait to see more of Le.
FEDORisGOD

Postby Kensei » Sun Mar 30, 2008 11:49 am

FEDORisGOD wrote:Its not as easy to take down Le as you guys think. His Sanshou backround makes him very effective with sweeps from close. Id go as far to say that Shamrock knew he wouldn't be able to get him down. Shamrock had a full BODYLOCK on Cung in the first and still couldn't do shit with it.

Le is a very tough fighter to deal with because he is so awkward. Great fight, cant wait to see more of Le.

Huh, so you missed the two trips and the take down were Frank had him against the cage and FRANK backed away?

I was not impressed with Cung. I did not mind the fight, but if Shamrock had played HIS game and not Cungs it would have been a much more interesting fight...in a way. Cung to me is kind of like Congo. Good stand up but not much once you are down. The difference is Cungs SanShou makes him good at throws. but even in his San Shou he was more kick boxer than anything, with a few interesting throws, but not much.

I predict that Cung drops the belt the next fight he has with a smarter fighter than Frank!

Kensei

Postby fightDR » Mon Mar 31, 2008 12:17 pm

I'm not sure Cung will dominate the belt for a long time but it will take a real good fighter to take it from him maybe a good persistant wrestler who could put him on his back and control him...but who?
Love all mma, and big UFC fan but I do miss Pride.
Big Supporter or British MMA so a shout out to Micheal Bisbing, Paul Taylor and Dan Hardy who are representing well and makeing their mark in the UFC!!!
fightDR
Brown(3) Belt
Brown(3) Belt

Postby Kensei » Tue Apr 01, 2008 4:54 am

Titio, LMAO!

He is leaving the UFC, why not throw him to the wolves.....er, give him a shot!

Kensei

Postby fightDR » Tue Apr 01, 2008 8:16 am

well it would be a mainevent that they could sell to the mma world and alsoKensei jau made a great punch line...LOL.
Love all mma, and big UFC fan but I do miss Pride.
Big Supporter or British MMA so a shout out to Micheal Bisbing, Paul Taylor and Dan Hardy who are representing well and makeing their mark in the UFC!!!
fightDR
Brown(3) Belt
Brown(3) Belt

Postby famedbauwow » Tue Apr 01, 2008 8:41 am

I agree with Kensie, Frank could have taken it down but decided to be an entertainer, I actually felt Frank was turning the tide until he broke is arm, but the smart thing would have been to take him down, they will rematch, Frank is there posterboy, this was just for entertainment, Frank will sub him in a rematch if it happens, as for tito talk, hed kill Chung lee and Frank. way to big for those guys. I was empressed with chung lee striking, but couldnt KO frank and landed 4 or 5 KO punches. Plus Frank even said he questioned Lees chin and when he finally landed in the third he hurt him pretty bad. Overall geat fight, i need to see lee fight another big name to be sold. I think Hes beatable.
famedbauwow
Purple Belt
Purple Belt

Postby Kensei » Tue Apr 01, 2008 11:48 am

famedbauwow wrote:I agree with Kensie, Frank could have taken it down but decided to be an entertainer, I actually felt Frank was turning the tide until he broke is arm, but the smart thing would have been to take him down, they will rematch, Frank is there posterboy, this was just for entertainment, Frank will sub him in a rematch if it happens, as for tito talk, hed kill Chung lee and Frank. way to big for those guys. I was empressed with chung lee striking, but couldnt KO frank and landed 4 or 5 KO punches. Plus Frank even said he questioned Lees chin and when he finally landed in the third he hurt him pretty bad. Overall geat fight, i need to see lee fight another big name to be sold. I think Hes beatable.

I agree with Le being beatable, and that Frank hurt him a few times with punches. i think Le landed one or two that hurt Frank as well.....besides the broken arm.

As for Tito being way to big for Frank and Chung....er, didnt frank beat the living crapola bout of Tito once already???? Yah, he is WAY to big to get beat by Frank......Again :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Kensei

Postby FEDORisGOD » Tue Apr 01, 2008 2:21 pm

Lil Bow Wow flosses his teeth with Tito's pubes.
FEDORisGOD

Postby minigracie » Tue Apr 01, 2008 5:11 pm

How did he break his arm? Ive never seen an injury like that.

The kick caused his forearm to snap in half?
minigracie
Orange Belt
Orange Belt

Postby FEDORisGOD » Tue Apr 01, 2008 5:39 pm

It happens often when guys attempt to block kicks rather than just getting out of the way.

Its the same way Gonzaga broke Randy's arm.
FEDORisGOD

PreviousNext

Return to Fighters