Login Sign Up

Grappling/BJJ with long hair solution?

Moderator: Forum Moderators

Grappling/BJJ with long hair solution?

Postby noamto » Sat May 16, 2009 7:53 am

I hope this is the right place to post this, I couldn't think of a better one.
Can anyone suggest an idea for what to do with long hair so it won't interfere with with grappling/jiu-jitsu? (other than just cutting it)
noamto
White Belt
White Belt

Re: Grappling/BJJ with long hair solution?

Postby Asa87 » Sat May 16, 2009 8:22 am

Ummm.... tie it back? wear a headband/hair band, whatever works really.
"Simplicity is the key to brilliance" - Bruce Lee

"Imagination is more important than knowledge" - Albert Einstein
Asa87
Red Belt
Red Belt

Postby qwerty » Sat May 16, 2009 8:23 am

noamto wrote:I hope this is the right place to post this, I couldn't think of a better one.
Can anyone suggest an idea for what to do with long hair so it won't interfere with with grappling/jiu-jitsu? (other than just cutting it)

since you don't want to cut it off, you can shave it off... no seriously, you should consider it.
qwerty
Black Belt
Black Belt

Postby Asa87 » Sat May 16, 2009 8:28 am

wear a doo rag.

Asa87
Red Belt
Red Belt

Postby Asa87 » Sat May 16, 2009 8:30 am

tie it up in a samurai knot so that you look like a badass Jits, and take a katana to rolling.

Asa87
Red Belt
Red Belt

Postby noamto » Sat May 16, 2009 8:39 am

Asa87 wrote:Ummm.... tie it back? wear a headband/hair band, whatever works really.

Well I tried that, I was hoping for something a bit more specific, like a certain way of tying it, or some suggestions on gear, from people who have experience/seen something like this.
qwerty wrote:since you don't want to cut it off, you can shave it off... no seriously, you should consider it.

I only train once-twice a week, so it's not such a big part of my life, so I don't think it's worth it if there's some other kind of solution.
But still, thanks for the help guys.
Asa87 wrote:wear a doo rag.

You mean like a bandana? They fall off pretty easily
Asa87 wrote:tie it up in a samurai knot so that you look like a badass Jits, and take a katana to rolling.

hmm
noamto
White Belt
White Belt

Postby general1 » Mon Sep 07, 2009 11:37 pm

How long is your hair ?
general1
Yellow Belt
Yellow Belt

Postby general1 » Mon Sep 07, 2009 11:38 pm

How long is your hair ?
general1
Yellow Belt
Yellow Belt

Postby Kensei » Tue Sep 08, 2009 4:05 am

First off are you a girl or guy, if you are a guy and not in a rock band time to get a hair cut you hippie freak....Just kidding...but still might be time for a hair cut.

If you are a girl get it weaved like they do in Muay Thai. They kind of interbraid it against the head...dont ask me how, I shave my head and do not have to worry about getting it rubbed on my new mats at home....

I have always had a brush cut however, since I was a kid. If you dont like the idea of cutting your hair and you are a guy then "AND THIS IS JUST FOR TRAINING" get a french Baraid (sp). My wife does my daughters hair up in a french baraide and then we wet it and she can not get it out of their for some time. A tight baraid with a few ties, one at the base and then down the length of it might work for your.

and again, if you are a guy....SHAVE THAT HAIR YOU HIPPIE FREAK!...but just kidding.

Even monkeys fall out of trees!
Kensei

Postby Kensei » Tue Sep 08, 2009 4:08 am

Here is an even better question for some of you guys. I have a goatee...I know old guy thing!

And when I roll with some of the younger guys they complain that it gives them "rug burn"! at first I thought it was a joke, then I noticed that one of the young guys always had "rug burn" on his arms when he would roll with me. After several times calling him a pussy and telling him to get over it I started to feel bad....then I noticed he hated it so I started using it the other day to purposfully give them rug burns when they tried to guillotine me or RNC me ext. The only guy I could not get was a guy who wore a full length rash guard, and him....Got him by grinding my chin into his cheek bone the other day.....

Okay, not so much a question...just wanted to tell you one of my old man tricks!

Even monkeys fall out of trees!
Kensei

Return to BJJ, Judo, Submission Wrestling & Wrestling