Login Sign Up

***Hendo vs. A.Silva Set for 82***

Moderators: Sub-Zero, Forum Moderators

***Hendo vs. A.Silva Set for 82***

Postby FEDORisGOD » Mon Nov 19, 2007 12:33 pm

I have a feeling this will go to decision. I dont see either guy finishing this fight because of how good their chins are.

Essentially, Hendo is a bad match up for A.Silva due to his chin, punching power and wrestling skills but I believe if A.Silva trains with Big Nog enough, he can beat Hendo the same way Rogerio did just as long as he executes gameplan.

IMO this fight is WAYYY to tough to call and I see it going to a Split Decision. I dont see Hendo getting KO'd for sure though, if he took Rampages hardest shots for 5 rounds, Im sure he can take what ever Anderson will dish out as well.

Thoughts?
FEDORisGOD

Postby Kensei » Mon Nov 19, 2007 2:09 pm

I agree, way to close to call. If Hendo does not put him on his back and GNP him while avoiding the subs he will do fine, but then again, Silva is a double threat, Good striking and good subs.

Even monkeys fall out of trees!
Kensei

Postby Asa87 » Mon Nov 19, 2007 2:34 pm

awesome! can't wait for this, anderson is going to be tested.

I think if hendo lands a big hand on anderson he's gonna put him on his ass!

who do you think would take the upper hand if they went toe to toe and slugged it out?
"Simplicity is the key to brilliance" - Bruce Lee

"Imagination is more important than knowledge" - Albert Einstein
Asa87
Red Belt
Red Belt

Postby FEDORisGOD » Mon Nov 19, 2007 2:38 pm

Man! If they slugged it out, anything can happen.

Both guys have never been KO'd. Both guys have granite chins. Both guys have tremendous power.

Hendo stood and banged with Rampage for 5 rounds. He stood and banged with Wand on two different nights taking Wand to decision the first time and knocking him TFO the 2nd time. Im sure if Hendo took Rampages and Wand's best shots he can stand and bang with Anderson long enough to set up a body lock clinch for the take down.
FEDORisGOD

Postby Kensei » Mon Nov 19, 2007 3:32 pm

yah, but who wins on the the ground after the take down?

Even monkeys fall out of trees!
Kensei

Postby Minatour » Mon Nov 19, 2007 3:59 pm

I think merely if Henderson is on top for longer than Silva is standing then he will win, and vice versa. Whoever dictates where it goes. On paper Henderson should win
"The ground is an ocean, I'm the shark, and most people don't even know how to swim." Jean-Jacques Machado
Minatour
Green Belt
Green Belt

Postby natural_HI » Mon Nov 19, 2007 4:02 pm

I would have to say that this match goes to a decision... with the way the matches are being judged, I would say Split decision, but I don't know who gets the nod.

Stand-up:
Anderson has pin-point accuracy, a mean clinch, and has way faster hands.
Hendo does have more powerful strikes and the clinch is no prob for him.
Despite all of this, I call it a draw becuase of their great chins. They can take some shots.

Ground:
Anderson's BJJ vs. Hendo's wrestling
Another toughy... Anderson's elusiveness, takedown defense and sub game is great. But Hendo's takedowns is top notch and his super strength is levels above anderson's

It depends on the judges...
Will Hendo's takedowns catch the judges attention or Anderson's takedown defense and escapes get the win?
natural_HI
Green Belt
Green Belt

Postby FEDORisGOD » Mon Nov 19, 2007 5:07 pm

Kensei wrote:yah, but who wins on the the ground after the take down?

Only 2 guys to ever sub Hendo are Big Nog and Lil Nog and their submission skills are much better than A.Silva. Afterall, Big Nog is the one who tought Anderson his BJJ. It would be like comparing Kharitonov's Sambo to Fedor's. Kharitonov's is good but Fedor tought him almost every thing he knows.

Id say that if Hendo can keep smashing A.Silva into the cage, Silva's grappling skills will be negated for sure. I also believe that Hendo's submission defense is lightyears ahead of what it was when the Nog Bros subbed him.
FEDORisGOD

Postby FEDORisGOD » Mon Nov 19, 2007 5:10 pm

natural_HI wrote:I would have to say that this match goes to a decision... with the way the matches are being judged, I would say Split decision, but I don't know who gets the nod.

Stand-up:
Anderson has pin-point accuracy, a mean clinch, and has way faster hands.
Hendo does have more powerful strikes and the clinch is no prob for him.
Despite all of this, I call it a draw becuase of their great chins. They can take some shots.

Ground:
Anderson's BJJ vs. Hendo's wrestling
Another toughy... Anderson's elusiveness, takedown defense and sub game is great. But Hendo's takedowns is top notch and his super strength is levels above anderson's

It depends on the judges...
Will Hendo's takedowns catch the judges attention or Anderson's takedown defense and escapes get the win?

IMO

Stand up: Spider is more technical, accurate and quicker but Hendo hits much harder.

Clinch: I think that Hendo will take Anderson down at will especially if Lutter did.

Ground: Hendo is very good at keeping the top position. IMO, If Hendo can take A.Silva down and keep him close to the cage, he can pound out a decision victory.

I STILL think this fight is going to decision no matter what.
FEDORisGOD

Postby qwerty » Mon Nov 19, 2007 6:54 pm

Too tough to call...but I give the advantage to Silva becuase his camp has beaten Hendo.
qwerty
Black Belt
Black Belt

Postby FEDORisGOD » Mon Nov 19, 2007 7:13 pm

qwerty wrote:Too tough to call...but I give the advantage to Silva becuase his camp has beaten Hendo.

Interesting assessment. :roll:

You know that Ryo Chonan trains with Team Quest now?

Does that mean Hendo will win now since someone on his team has beatn Anderson?

Try again Qwerty.
FEDORisGOD

Postby Guillaume » Mon Nov 19, 2007 7:29 pm

I cannot wait for this fight.

That chin has more masculanity than half my high school.
Guillaume
Blue Belt
Blue Belt

Postby qwerty » Mon Nov 19, 2007 10:41 pm

FEDORisGOD wrote:
qwerty wrote:Too tough to call...but I give the advantage to Silva becuase his camp has beaten Hendo.

Interesting assessment. :roll:

You know that Ryo Chonan trains with Team Quest now?

Does that mean Hendo will win now since someone on his team has beatn Anderson?

Try again Qwerty.

Oh that rights, Ryo defeated Silva. Damn FiGGY I guess there is a first for everything. I totally forgot that Ryo trains with Team Quest in Murrieta now. I work right by the gym too...
qwerty
Black Belt
Black Belt

Postby Asa87 » Tue Nov 20, 2007 2:27 am

i can see hendo getting on top, grabbing anderson by the throat and PINNING his head to the matt, then pounding him from there.

but Silva has had a few wins from his back, right?
"Simplicity is the key to brilliance" - Bruce Lee

"Imagination is more important than knowledge" - Albert Einstein
Asa87
Red Belt
Red Belt

Postby masterchief03 » Fri Nov 30, 2007 5:50 pm

It's going to be a great fight. Can't wait.
masterchief03
Green Belt
Green Belt

Next

Return to News