Login Sign Up

How to gain weight?

How to gain weight?

Postby alicefred » Thu Oct 14, 2010 5:12 am

I have been doing Muay Thai for a couple months, my height is 5'10" and weight little under 125 lbs. I am looking for effective ways to gain some weight (preferably muscle weight), but it's always been hard for me to put on weight. No matter how much I eat and even if I stop working out completely. Can anyone help me on this topic. All your tips and suggestions are warmly welcome.

Thanks..
alicefred
White Belt
White Belt

Re: How to gain weight?

Postby Kensei » Thu Nov 11, 2010 9:42 am

Get married!

Even monkeys fall out of trees!
Kensei

Postby Katherine » Sat Nov 27, 2010 8:11 am

Gaining weight takes the same amount of focus and determination as losing weight. Here are some tips that will help you to gain weight:

-Gaining muscle require you to take in more calories than you burn. Increase your intake of carbohydrates and proteins in your diet. The trick here is adding calories to your diet without increasing saturated fats in it.
-Once you have the calories in control, you have to start lifting weights. This will help you to build muscle mass and reduce the fat you gain.
Katherine
White Belt
White Belt

Postby Kensei » Mon Nov 29, 2010 7:25 am

Good suggestion, but the problem is that if you take in to many calories and dont burn them or use them for something then you get fat!

So, in order to safely gain muscle mass, start lifing NOW and add protein to the diet. Avoid the carbs for a bit till you get into a good system of lifting and adding protein. The carbs are required, but I have seen way to many people add the carbs and go buck wild with them and end up looking more like blimpy than Popeye!

Focus on building muscle. Some genetics will dictate the amount of muscle you can add or how heavy you will be, but I NEVER say look to synthetics to get bigger...the pay off is a nice dead body at the end of the game!....that comes way to soon!

Even monkeys fall out of trees!
Kensei

Postby LONNIEmcconne » Thu Dec 16, 2010 12:34 pm

how can i gain weight?
LONNIEmcconne
Orange Belt
Orange Belt

Postby Bugbjj » Fri Jun 10, 2011 11:55 pm

lift heavy til fail, consume more calories, easy as that.
Bugbjj
White Belt
White Belt

Return to Supplements, Diet, Equipment & Weight Training