Login Sign Up

How to start training and fighting

How to start training and fighting

Postby gizmo2020 » Sun Aug 23, 2009 1:51 pm

Im 16 years old and wanted to know how to start training. I dont have any money or anything for a trainer and gym. I workout routinely and occasionally do cardio but am going to commit to it soon. I just had a friend come down from arkansas who has been figthing for a while and he mentioned i should start too but im clueless as to where I should begin. thanks for the help
gizmo2020
White Belt
White Belt

Re: How to start training and fighting

Postby Asa87 » Mon Aug 24, 2009 4:57 am

You have NO MONEY?! this is going to be tough... erm shadowbox? and shrimp on the ground. Run. I don't know what else to suggest that is free.
"Simplicity is the key to brilliance" - Bruce Lee

"Imagination is more important than knowledge" - Albert Einstein
Asa87
Red Belt
Red Belt

Postby DisciplineHopes » Mon Aug 24, 2009 5:32 am

yea no omatter what you do its gonna cost something. google some workoutroutines that could fit your schedule and accomplish what you looking to do. thats about all the free advice i can give.
DisciplineHopes
Red Belt
Red Belt

Postby Kensei » Mon Aug 24, 2009 6:24 am

Join alot of school type sports that are combat oriented to get your training! Wrestling and foot ball are good.

outside of that get a bunch of guys together that want to learn and start rolling with them. You might need to collect money for gear and such but that seems to be a good start point till you can find money and time.

Even monkeys fall out of trees!
Kensei

Postby Asa87 » Mon Aug 24, 2009 9:11 am

yea where abouts are you from? If you're American then jump on the wrestling at school and just work your ass off in it.

Asa87
Red Belt
Red Belt

Postby qwerty » Mon Aug 24, 2009 11:11 am

Find a job, I heard McDonalds was hiring near your area :) Got a lawnmower? Start mowing your neighbors lawns and get paid.
qwerty
Black Belt
Black Belt

Postby DisciplineHopes » Mon Aug 24, 2009 12:09 pm

qwerty wrote:Find a job, I heard McDonalds was hiring near your area :) Got a lawnmower? Start mowing your neighbors lawns and get paid.

ha which one?! theyre every freaking where
DisciplineHopes
Red Belt
Red Belt

Postby gizmo2020 » Mon Aug 24, 2009 2:24 pm

Yea well I have been playing football my whole life.. since 2nd grade, linebacker to be specific. but I will deffinatly start looking ofr a job thanks for the help. but how would i be able to find fights and all that? or would they find me once i join a gym or what?
gizmo2020
White Belt
White Belt

Postby gizmo2020 » Mon Aug 24, 2009 2:34 pm

and if it helps at all im 16, 5ft 9 and about 180 all muscle. what are some ways i could lose weight without losing my strength?
gizmo2020
White Belt
White Belt

Postby Asa87 » Mon Aug 24, 2009 4:36 pm

just do some real explosive circuits and train on heavy bags. That'll shread you down and keep the muscle while building power. Why do you want to lose weight though if you are all muscle? Don't worry about finding fights haha, just train, you got a good few years ahead of you before you start looking into having amateur fights. Get into a club, wrestling, BJJ, Kickboxing, Muay Thai, Boxing... something to give you a strong base.

Asa87
Red Belt
Red Belt

Postby DisciplineHopes » Tue Aug 25, 2009 7:26 am

what asa said........

JUST DONT GO INTO ANYTHING PREMATURELY!!! this is a major thing. if you get inthere and cant stick with it because youve gone in at a bad time for yourself then a second chacne is hard to come by due to self motivation.
DisciplineHopes
Red Belt
Red Belt

Postby shift » Fri Aug 28, 2009 2:13 pm

No money...wow...this is tough especially because striking without a trainer to correct your form can be dangerous. But I will give you some tips. Do Calisthenics, Plyometrics and running on different days. When it's raining or snowing do burpees.

Shadow box in front of a mirror and look up the following people on google or youtube. Ross Enamait and bass routine. Look up Muay thai, boxing, BJJ and wrestling techniques and drills and follow those.
shift
Blue Belt
Blue Belt

Postby shift » Fri Aug 28, 2009 2:16 pm

Here is a bas rutten work out vid
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hq6YEb-9mj4
shift
Blue Belt
Blue Belt

Postby KnickKnocks » Fri May 07, 2010 10:38 pm

First of all are you sure about being a fighter? thats the first thing you must know to yourself because MMA trainings is not that easy dude.. it takes a lot of time more efforts discipline and of course it needs serious attention.

It starts with the Basic ideas- you must learn what MMA things is all about, do some research ( read some magazines or net surfing)

Health and Condition- are you a healthy type of person with no past experiences or backgrounds of some related respiratory or heart diseases? are you in the condition to undergo hard trainings and exercises?

Place and Area- is your place considerably a good one for trainings? Do you have Fitness School nearby or a right place for you to train with?

Those are just simple ideas to consider if you really wanna start training and soon fighting inside the ring If you need more informations about how to start and build a better MMA fighter reputation better check this out and learn more http://mmafitnessplan.com/ the right place for MMA fanatics.
KnickKnocks
White Belt
White Belt

Postby kevin1456 » Wed Jul 07, 2010 1:53 am

hello.
I just had a friend come down from arkansas who has been fighting for a while and he mentioned i should start too but im clueless as to where I should begin. thanks for the help.
White Belt

Next

Return to Supplements, Diet, Equipment & Weight Training