Login Sign Up

Jeff Monson

Talk about the fighters here.

Moderators: GrappleorWrestle, stevebags, Gurre

Postby Kensei » Sat Apr 21, 2007 6:05 am

Kerrdogg wrote:Lindland is way stronger than Spider. I see him muscling out of any sub attempts Spider throws at him. I'm not dogging Spider, I know all about his Nogeria pedigree, but his striking is his best asset. He could KO Lindland, but no way would he toss him around like he did Ace.

any one see the footage of Silva getting owned in pride. I grabbed Utube and was surfing around the other day and their was Silva getting owned by some of the middle guys in the division.

Oh, and I also saw Chuck getting beat on by Rampage, man did chuck not look himself! Maybe he was no nyquil that day as well. :wink:

Even monkeys fall out of trees!
Kensei

Postby Latvian Lunatic » Sat Apr 21, 2007 8:48 am

FEDORisGOD wrote:
Latvian Lunatic wrote:Lindland got subbed by someone who is a HW. Lindland is a slow fat HW.

Size on the ground doesn't matter.

Marcelo Garcia is tiny and he would sub most of the HW's in MMA no problem.

How do you figure? If you were 40 lbs heavier and fought a natural HW. You wouldnt be able to be a quick. If Diego got fat he wouldnt be as effective. Or is Mir got fatter, somehow.
Image ImageImage
Latvian Lunatic
Black Belt
Black Belt

Postby FEDORisGOD » Sat Apr 21, 2007 12:34 pm

Latvian Lunatic wrote:
FEDORisGOD wrote:
Latvian Lunatic wrote:Lindland got subbed by someone who is a HW. Lindland is a slow fat HW.

How do you figure? If you were 40 lbs heavier and fought a natural HW. You wouldnt be able to be a quick. If Diego got fat he wouldnt be as effective. Or is Mir got fatter, somehow.

Have you ever seen a Marcelo Garcia match? He can subb people twice his size.
FEDORisGOD

Postby Latvian Lunatic » Sat Apr 21, 2007 9:32 pm

OK so its an individual thing. I still think if Lindland were a natural HW, it would have been a better fight.
Image ImageImage
Latvian Lunatic
Black Belt
Black Belt

Postby Sub-Zero » Tue Aug 21, 2007 8:07 pm

FEDORisGOD wrote:
Latvian Lunatic wrote:
FEDORisGOD wrote:

Have you ever seen a Marcelo Garcia match? He can subb people twice his size.

Marcelo Garcia is crazy on the ground.

http://www.dailymotion.com/video/x7u2t_ ... ahighlight
I`m sure that as long as Fedor keeps training at the same level and with the same determination as he does now, he`ll continue to have no equals in Pride or anywhere else.

-Voronov.

It's showtime!

-Hamill
Sub-Zero
Blue Belt
Blue Belt

Postby qwerty » Tue Aug 21, 2007 9:38 pm

Marcelo is definately no chump in ADCC...
qwerty
Black Belt
Black Belt

Postby fightDR » Tue Mar 04, 2008 4:12 pm

Monson ground game is a Killer damn he is strong... on the ground could give anyone a fight.
His hands are good, but his boxing will only get him so far. His height is just to much against him for him to be able to beat a kongo and that was definatly the case with an out of form tim sylvia.

and what a nickname....gotta love the 'Snowman' LOL.
Love all mma, and big UFC fan but I do miss Pride.
Big Supporter or British MMA so a shout out to Micheal Bisbing, Paul Taylor and Dan Hardy who are representing well and makeing their mark in the UFC!!!
fightDR
Brown(3) Belt
Brown(3) Belt

Postby Kensei » Wed Mar 05, 2008 7:27 am

Why in gods sake have you pulled up guys that are dead and barried to chat about? Do you just like to read your own words? LOL, seriously...even for a gordie you like to chat!

Kensei

Postby fightDR » Wed Mar 05, 2008 7:37 am

He might not be top of the food chain at the mo but definatly not out of the game completly, although i dont think he is a big threat anymore and i a not a geordie...I am from Cardiff not Newcastle.
Big Supporter or British MMA so a shout out to Micheal Bisbing, Paul Taylor and Dan Hardy who are representing well and makeing their mark in the UFC!!!
fightDR
Brown(3) Belt
Brown(3) Belt

Postby Kensei » Wed Mar 05, 2008 7:46 am

Sorry, saw the Wales and missed the city! My Bad!

Kensei

Postby fightDR » Wed Mar 05, 2008 9:18 am

No prob man...anyway big ups for the banter someone who actually knows 100% what they talking about. even if u not a bisping fan....LOL.
British pride taking over....LOL.
fightDR
Brown(3) Belt
Brown(3) Belt

Postby Kensei » Wed Mar 05, 2008 11:23 am

fightDR wrote:No prob man...anyway big ups for the banter someone who actually knows 100% what they talking about. even if u not a bisping fan....LOL.
British pride taking over....LOL.

No problem. I love MMA and have been posting about it for some time. Someone new to chat with is great.

British Pride is great, I am Canadian however....Granted transported from England. Actually my fathers side is Welsh! Moms side however is Russian Polish! :wink:

Kensei

Postby fightDR » Wed Mar 05, 2008 11:40 am

So i take it that explains the Sambo in your back ground. Must say not a style I am familiar with except for in MMA never seen to much of it except for the big Sambo fighters the UFC has produced.
AA and Taktorov in the early days.

Canada has really been producing good fighters of late and the UFC going there must have given the place an extra buzz about it.
TKO is a good organisation which is the old UCC i think. definatly 1 to watch.
fightDR
Brown(3) Belt
Brown(3) Belt

Postby Kensei » Wed Mar 05, 2008 12:11 pm

Actually, I do Karate now. Sambo was fun and I learned most of it from my moms dad, But I did Judo and Sambo and it was hard on the body. now I do Karate...have been for 30 years.

TKO is good, but it is way over in Quebec. I am VERY far away from Quebec!

Kensei

Postby fightDR » Wed Mar 05, 2008 1:04 pm

What part of Canada u from, a good friend of mine is from New Found Land?

We dont have any good MMA in Wales. The only show that Britain has anymore with any real quality is cage rage, been there a few times bloody good show.
Has to be one of the best in Europe. Definatly in Britain.

I started boxing but found it wasn't diverse enough so went to do kickboxing for a while the joined MMA gym, Nothing special, but love to grapple. would love to learn wrestling that most uk fighters Kryptonite.
fightDR
Brown(3) Belt
Brown(3) Belt

PreviousNext

Return to Fighters