Login Sign Up

Jon Fitch

Talk about the fighters here.

Moderators: GrappleorWrestle, stevebags, Gurre

Jon Fitch

Postby GrappleorWrestle » Tue May 27, 2008 10:52 am

Name Jon Fitch
Record 18 - 3 - 0 (Win - Loss - Draw) ( 1 NC )
Wins
4 (T)KOs ( 22.22 %)
5 Submissions ( 27.78 %)
8 Decisions ( 44.44 %)
1 Other ( 5.56 %
Losses
1 (T)KOs ( 33.33 %)
1 Submissions ( 33.33 %)
1 Decisions ( 33.33 %)
Height 6'0 (183cm)
Weight 170lbs (77kg)
Birth Date 2/24/1978
City Fort Wayne
State Indiana
Country USA
Not to cross train cripples the martial arts, without it you can become a mechanic, but never an artist.
- E. Cates

Gold medals aren't really made of gold. They're made of sweat, determination, and a hard-to-find alloy called guts.
- Dan Gable
GrappleorWrestle
Black Belt
Black Belt

Postby qwerty » Tue May 27, 2008 1:15 pm

Can't wait for UFC 87!
qwerty
Black Belt
Black Belt

Postby Jewish-Spy » Tue May 27, 2008 8:24 pm

it's about time this guy loses... I would have him take on Kocheck first before giving him a title shot
Jewish-Spy
Red Belt
Red Belt

Postby qwerty » Tue May 27, 2008 10:15 pm

Jewish-Spy wrote:it's about time this guy loses... I would have him take on Kocheck first before giving him a title shot

You mean his training partner and teammate Josh Koscheck?
qwerty
Black Belt
Black Belt

Postby Reymode » Tue May 27, 2008 10:24 pm

qwerty wrote:
Jewish-Spy wrote:it's about time this guy loses... I would have him take on Kocheck first before giving him a title shot

You mean his training partner and teammate Josh Koscheck?

Yup Qwerty is right on this one man. Koschek vs Fitch won't happen just as Wandi vs. Shogun won't happen.
Reymode
Red Belt
Red Belt

Postby fightDR » Wed May 28, 2008 3:25 am

Yeah they would never fight, too good a team mates but they don't need to fight.
I can't believe Spy doesn't think Fitch is worthy of a title shot. He doesn't need another warm up or another test against anyone else.

There is knowone in the UFC at WW that deserves a shot at the belt more than him, NOBODY!
Love all mma, and big UFC fan but I do miss Pride.
Big Supporter or British MMA so a shout out to Micheal Bisbing, Paul Taylor and Dan Hardy who are representing well and makeing their mark in the UFC!!!
fightDR
Brown(3) Belt
Brown(3) Belt

Postby Jewish-Spy » Sun Jun 01, 2008 11:22 am

isn't this a 1 on 1 fighting? If your not gonna fight another fighter at the same weight for whatever reasons you will not know who truly the best is.
The only exception in such cases is Klitchkos because their mother forgave them to fight each other.
Jewish-Spy
Red Belt
Red Belt

Postby fightDR » Sun Jun 01, 2008 12:01 pm

I do understand what you mean there JS and I actually agree with you too. There are lots of fighters from the same that I would love to see.
For example in the 2005 mw grand Prix in pride i so wanted Wandi to beat Arona and Rua to beat Overeem (which he did of course) just so wanted a shootbox final. would have been hard to watch if you get my meaning but soo sweet if they went at it.

Just 1 of those things I guess, some are such friends and loyal that they don't want to fight people from their own team. Politics, what can you do.
Big Supporter or British MMA so a shout out to Micheal Bisbing, Paul Taylor and Dan Hardy who are representing well and makeing their mark in the UFC!!!
fightDR
Brown(3) Belt
Brown(3) Belt

Postby GrappleorWrestle » Sun Jun 01, 2008 3:51 pm

Fitch deserves his shot plain and simple. He earned it so he gets it.
Not to cross train cripples the martial arts, without it you can become a mechanic, but never an artist.
- E. Cates

Gold medals aren't really made of gold. They're made of sweat, determination, and a hard-to-find alloy called guts.
- Dan Gable
GrappleorWrestle
Black Belt
Black Belt

Postby Kensei » Sun Jun 01, 2008 4:01 pm

what he does with it is up to him. I can not see him out wrestling GSP after what we have seen. Maybe close however.

Even monkeys fall out of trees!
Kensei

Postby fightDR » Sun Jun 01, 2008 10:42 pm

Fitch has nothing to lose in this fight and everything to gain, with all the hype around GSP fitch will be severly overlooked which with a guy with his skillset is something I'm not prepared to do.
I don't see him winning however especially if GSP takes top position, so to me fitch should use his size advantage to shoot and get him on his back. If that happens man its gonna be intersting. I can't wait for this one.
fightDR
Brown(3) Belt
Brown(3) Belt

Re: Jon Fitch

Postby fightDR » Thu Feb 05, 2009 7:55 am

For me Fitch looked good. Gono is a good hard fighter to look good against and I think Fitch achieved this. Fitch showed really good ground control and has good BJJ to go with his great wrestling. Even his striking looked decent. Only 1 UFC loss and thats to the best WW in the world and on the Undercard, WTF is going on.
Fitch is still up in the top 3 to 5 WW's in the world and DEF in the UFC. Fitch belongs on the main card fighting the best pretty much main event or def Co-Main event.
fightDR
Brown(3) Belt
Brown(3) Belt

Postby qwerty » Thu Feb 05, 2009 10:03 am

Probably becuase he didn't want to sign that UFC video game and Dana got all butt hurt about it.
qwerty
Black Belt
Black Belt

Postby fightDR » Thu Feb 05, 2009 11:50 am

I know the politice behind it but it is still all to cock!!!!
fightDR
Brown(3) Belt
Brown(3) Belt

Postby qwerty » Thu Feb 05, 2009 1:02 pm

I don't know but maybe becuase a lot of his fights in the UFC goes the distance too? He subs some guys but mostly decision wins. UFC wants finishers for the main card or two really known fighters (in the U.S.).
qwerty
Black Belt
Black Belt

Next

Return to Fighters