Login Sign Up

Josh Barnett

Talk about the fighters here.

Moderators: GrappleorWrestle, stevebags, Gurre

Postby FEDORisGOD » Wed Mar 05, 2008 11:08 am

Kensei wrote:
I think both Josh and the LAW are banned in the UFC for acting like children and yelping at the owners. I agree with what they were saying, but not when!

You wont see either guy in the ring...hell you will see my old ass in the ring before them! :wink:

Kensei Im sad that you look at things this way especially since your an elder.

Josh and Lindland aren't in the UFC because they refuse to get TREATED like Children not the other way around.
FEDORisGOD

Postby fightDR » Wed Mar 05, 2008 11:58 am

not sure of the politics to why the 2 aren't in the UFC now but Zuffa have really dropped a bollock there. 2 guys that could really make a difference.

I for 1 would love to see them back kicking some ass...sorry for pointing out the obvious. LOL
Love all mma, and big UFC fan but I do miss Pride.
Big Supporter or British MMA so a shout out to Micheal Bisbing, Paul Taylor and Dan Hardy who are representing well and makeing their mark in the UFC!!!
fightDR
Brown(3) Belt
Brown(3) Belt

Postby Kensei » Wed Mar 05, 2008 12:06 pm

FEDORisGOD wrote:
Kensei wrote:
I think both Josh and the LAW are banned in the UFC for acting like children and yelping at the owners. I agree with what they were saying, but not when!

You wont see either guy in the ring...hell you will see my old ass in the ring before them! :wink:

Kensei Im sad that you look at things this way especially since your an elder.

Josh and Lindland aren't in the UFC because they refuse to get TREATED like Children not the other way around.

as usual I was a bit to blunt with out explanation. First off I agree that the Law and Bennet have valid points. But I think it was silly and is silly to bite the hand that feeds you. Bennet would have been better off working with out insulting a huge organization. He probably thought that he was safe in PRIDE and did not think down the road.

Once in Judo I had this Ref that hated me, I cant blame him however I kind of dated his girlfriend...while they were dating. Anyways, I could not win for obvious reasons. Now instead of yelling and screaming and calling him a dick...which he was! I told him I was not awair that they were dating when I "dated" her. We came to an agreement that what I did was not nice, but It was not an attack at him as I did not know he was with her. I soon began to win again and got my Shodan.

Now, this may not be the exact same thing, cant imagine Barnett taking Danas girl or anything...but it is the same idea, deplomacy!

Now the law wants back in after calling the UFC, Dana white and everything Zuffa bad names and he thinks he will get back in???

I am not saying that they were wrong, maybe crying like kids in a school yard however is not the best move.

Even monkeys fall out of trees!
Kensei

Postby Jewish-Spy » Thu Mar 20, 2008 6:59 pm

Kensei you know damn well White is a scum.
Jewish-Spy
Red Belt
Red Belt

Postby Kensei » Fri Mar 21, 2008 12:30 pm

Jewish-Spy wrote:Kensei you know damn well White is a scum.

I am actually not sure if I agree with him being scum! He is a smart business man that took a dying company and made it a Sport that others are now moving into to make money. Lets face it with out White the MMA world would not be as far along as it is.

Is he a nice guy...no, he is a bit of an asshole, but he is a smart ass hole that fans should realize built up the sport to were it is right now.

Does he own it, no, but he should be seen as what he is...one smart ass hole that brought a sport back from the brink.

Kensei

Postby FEDORisGOD » Fri Mar 21, 2008 2:59 pm

Fuck what he did for the sport. If it wouldn't be him then it would be someone else. He happened to take a brilliant gamble at the right time and purchased the UFC for 2million bucks. I acually met the old owner of the UFC. Hes biting his elbows now. But in any case, regardless of the fact that Dana made MMA grow tremendously, hes a dick. He was a dick before MMA was around. He was a dick in highschool, middle school, elementry, he was a dick coming out of his mom. Dana is a dick. Anyone who doesn't see this is either infatuated with his bald head or just ignorant. Hes classless, he swears, puts heavy emphasis on money and fame rather than honesty and loyalty. He a face of MMA and carries himself in a very imature, abnoxious manner. Yea he made the sport grow but you're not going to tell me Hitler was a good guy because he was the most powerful public speaker ever.
FEDORisGOD

Postby Kensei » Fri Mar 21, 2008 4:50 pm

FEDORisGOD wrote:Fuck what he did for the sport. If it wouldn't be him then it would be someone else. He happened to take a brilliant gamble at the right time and purchased the UFC for 2million bucks. I acually met the old owner of the UFC. Hes biting his elbows now. But in any case, regardless of the fact that Dana made MMA grow tremendously, hes a dick. He was a dick before MMA was around. He was a dick in highschool, middle school, elementry, he was a dick coming out of his mom. Dana is a dick. Anyone who doesn't see this is either infatuated with his bald head or just ignorant. Hes classless, he swears, puts heavy emphasis on money and fame rather than honesty and loyalty. He a face of MMA and carries himself in a very imature, abnoxious manner. Yea he made the sport grow but you're not going to tell me Hitler was a good guy because he was the most powerful public speaker ever.

A few things. Dana = Dick is just about a close to pure truth as has ever been spoken. I never debated that. What I am saying is that he has done a TONE of things for MMA that would NEVER have been done if he did not show those with money that this sport has more than a limited future. He is not a genious, he is smarter than most of the turds on the Forums that put him down, and he really could care less if we think he is nice or not. He is a prick, a major ass hole, a dick and just about anything else you could say bad about him. BUT if you think you think that guys like Cuban and the ass from BoDog would have dropped the money into MMA with out that boost and push by Dana then you need to grow the fruck up man. Dana made the whole thing possible....now he really needs to leave the lime light and find another "face" to reprosent the show.
The problem with getting others as the face is "who"? Not champs, we have seen that champs only last a few months at a time. You dont drop a tone of weight into the "face" if you know he wont last farter than his next fight possibly. And dont say the Announcers! That is sickening.

Lets face it, maybe the manager, as big a shit head as he can be is the perfect face of MMA company! Any moron that says fighters, look what happened with Randy, they dumped money into making him the face of the UFC and he goes and jumps ship! Money not well spent!

For one minute step out of being a fan of the fighters and look at the big picture. No company = Fedor picking potatoes and Tito doing time for B&E's. I am not saying the UFC is at this point in need of that brass bald idiot, but they sure owe him! and unfortunatley we do as well....now get rid of him...he is embarassing!

Kensei

Postby FEDORisGOD » Fri Mar 21, 2008 5:02 pm

Dana did a lot for MMA in the US. From a global point of view he hasnt done shit yet and is only beginning to.

If you think no one else in the US would eventually make a successful MMA org you're mistaken. Dana just happened to be the guy.
FEDORisGOD

Postby Jewish-Spy » Fri Mar 21, 2008 10:24 pm

That's what I'm thinking. He jumped on it at the perfect time which is just when PRIDE was booming and there was more interest in MMA in Europe.
It would woud've been somebody else to grow it here too be it UFC or maybe PRIDE would've come and take over. I do envy him the money he made but yes he panders to the stupid so he is successful.
Jewish-Spy
Red Belt
Red Belt

Postby famedbauwow » Sun Mar 23, 2008 9:57 am

Dana has put MMA on the map, everyone knows it, now hes blowing it up in England and now moving into Canada, its a matter of time before he starts thorwing shows in Japan and world wide for that matter. Dana is the face of MMA, even if he acts like an ass on TV.
famedbauwow
Purple Belt
Purple Belt

Postby FEDORisGOD » Sun Mar 23, 2008 11:37 am

How did Dana put MMA on the map? MMA was around before him and will be around much longer after hes gone. More nonsense.
FEDORisGOD

Postby Kensei » Sun Mar 23, 2008 9:11 pm

FEDORisGOD wrote:How did Dana put MMA on the map? MMA was around before him and will be around much longer after hes gone. More nonsense.

I would say that Dana was the guy to bring MMA to were it is in NORTH AMERICA, I agree. And he will be the guy that continues to deliver the best package in town. Right now tell me a company that has the deep tallent that the UFC has? thats what I thought, maybe one guy...or two if you are lucky, but not the level as what the ufc has. Some have the cast offs that the UFC does not want for various reasons..but not what the UFC has in North America.

I dont like white, but I see him as the Trump of MMA, a major A** hole but a smart and effective A** hole. Maybe someone could have done what he did, but how?

Kensei

Postby Jewish-Spy » Sun Mar 23, 2008 9:47 pm

It's a blasphemy to call Trump smart. I mean he was smart enough to acomplish the fortune but his intelligence is nowhere near say Robert Kiyosaki.
Well what can we do? Things are the way they are and we don't have much choice at the moment but deal with White.
Jewish-Spy
Red Belt
Red Belt

Postby Kensei » Mon Mar 24, 2008 8:29 am

Exactly, he owns the ball and the court, you wanna play you have to be nice to the owner.

Kensei

Postby famedbauwow » Mon Mar 24, 2008 9:08 am

Hey Dana is a clown, needs to get his face off the TV cause noone ever says anything nice about him, hes a complete cocksucker, MMA has been around along time, but u never saw articles in Sprots Illistated, Free Spike TV shows to advertise to new people, The reality shows as well, he has made MMA know world wide, not just in North America, and yes MMA was always big in Japan, those pride shows always had a ton of people there, but nothin is really ever main stage until it blows up in the states, and thats in everysport.
famedbauwow
Purple Belt
Purple Belt

PreviousNext

Return to Fighters