Login Sign Up

Josh Barnett

Talk about the fighters here.

Moderators: GrappleorWrestle, stevebags, Gurre

Josh Barnett

Postby Gurre » Sat Jul 16, 2005 7:03 am

Josh "the babyfaced assassin" Barnett is yet another wrestler at the very top of the MMA mountain.

He weighs in at 250lbs (113kg) and is 6'3 (190cm) tall.

He started his career in the UFC, but after a steriod ban moved to japan and Pancrase. He's made one apperance in Pride, losing (by injury) to Mirko CroCop.

Josh is a big man who overpowers his opponants and wears them down with his methodical GnP.

His all time pro MMA record is 15 - 2 - 0 (Win - Loss - Draw)
Gurre
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby Tchernobog » Sun Jul 16, 2006 3:44 am

So is he still fighting in Pride ? I remember his old UFC fights, he seemed to have potential...
Tchernobog
Blue Belt
Blue Belt

Postby Gurre » Sun Jul 16, 2006 5:22 am

yeah, he's fighting Nogueira in the OWGP
Gurre
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby GrappleorWrestle » Sun Jul 16, 2006 5:51 pm

Nogueira...

This may sound stupid, but is it Rodrigo or Regerio?
Not to cross train cripples the martial arts, without it you can become a mechanic, but never an artist.
- E. Cates

Gold medals aren't really made of gold. They're made of sweat, determination, and a hard-to-find alloy called guts.
- Dan Gable
GrappleorWrestle
Black Belt
Black Belt

Postby Gurre » Mon Jul 17, 2006 1:19 am

Rogerio is the LWH/MW one, he's facing big Nog, Rodrigo
Gurre
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby stevebags » Mon Jul 17, 2006 1:32 pm

both are awesome
"...the man who really counts in the world is the doer, not the mere critic-the man who actually does the work, even if roughly and imperfectly, not the man who only talks or writes about how it ought to be done."

http://www.myspace.com/stevebaggaley
stevebags
Black Belt
Black Belt

Postby GrappleorWrestle » Mon Jul 17, 2006 7:27 pm

Yes, they are. I have not checked and did not know if Babyface cut wait or not. It does not matter which of the two he fights, because they are both great. But one things for sure he better be ready.
Not to cross train cripples the martial arts, without it you can become a mechanic, but never an artist.
- E. Cates

Gold medals aren't really made of gold. They're made of sweat, determination, and a hard-to-find alloy called guts.
- Dan Gable
GrappleorWrestle
Black Belt
Black Belt

Postby Gurre » Tue Jul 18, 2006 1:08 am

he's facing a HW, don't think he'll cut anything
Gurre
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby GrappleorWrestle » Tue Jul 18, 2006 5:03 am

Yeah, I know that now, but did not before. I am getting behind seeing as it's the end of the Summer semester and I have tests flying at me left and right.
- E. Cates

- Dan Gable
GrappleorWrestle
Black Belt
Black Belt

Postby stevebags » Tue Jul 18, 2006 10:26 am

can Barnett beat nog? as i remember his grappling was better than his striking and he aint good enough to beat him on the floor
"...the man who really counts in the world is the doer, not the mere critic-the man who actually does the work, even if roughly and imperfectly, not the man who only talks or writes about how it ought to be done."

stevebags
Black Belt
Black Belt

Postby FEDORisGOD » Tue Jul 18, 2006 1:40 pm

this is going to be a long and boring fight wich will go to decision. Barnett will not get submitted because i feel like his wrestling skills are too good. Nog wont get submitted because his BJJ skills are too good and niether of em is gonna get knocked out because Nog doesnt strike that hard and Nog has the hardest chin in the game.
FEDORisGOD

Postby pankratios » Tue Jul 18, 2006 1:41 pm

Barnett is a very good and well rounded fighter. I think he can win the decision over Nog but Rodrigo is still the favorite.
Barrnet is a poor version of Fedor.
pankratios
Blue Belt
Blue Belt

Postby stevebags » Tue Jul 18, 2006 3:05 pm

barnetts best years were wasted due to illegal substance being found on a blood test, however i think the UFC should get him back to put more life in the HW div

stevebags
Black Belt
Black Belt

Postby FEDORisGOD » Tue Jul 18, 2006 6:09 pm

i believe Barnetts best years are ahead of him and i think that he only recently figured out what fighting in MMA is all about. Hes good at executing his gameplan and always keeping his apponents out of their rhythem. The way he beat Hunt demonstrated his execution of gameplan, they didnt even trade shots, Hunt was completly taken out of his element. As much as I hate his loud mouth and cocky ways, i give him credit for fighting a smart fight as he did against baby fedor and mark hunt. I hope he wins the OWGP so that he can fight Fedor and his fuckin ass beat.
FEDORisGOD

Postby stevebags » Wed Jul 19, 2006 2:19 pm

we have to have loud mouths and cockyness in sports its where we get characters from. I would rather see barnett fight fedor than another match against nog

stevebags
Black Belt
Black Belt

Next

Return to Fighters