Login Sign Up

keep getting caught in key locks

Moderator: Forum Moderators

keep getting caught in key locks

Postby wood52 » Thu Aug 06, 2009 7:37 pm

I started training at the beginning of june. My ground game has came along way from what it was. I have been told that I am progressing very quickly. The only submission that I have trouble defending for some reason are key locks. I have trouble when the person I am rolling with gets in side control and I know they are gonna go for the key lock. For some reason I keep getting caught with it. The guy that normally gets me is about thirty pounds bigger and much more expirenced but key locks are what I learned in my first few days. I just don't understand why I have such trouble with it. I talked to my coach tonite after practice and we work stand up on friday but he said monday we would work on it. I was just wondering if anyone on here had any advise or insight that could help. Thanks in advance.
wood52
White Belt
White Belt

Re: keep getting caught in key locks

Postby mma fubar » Fri Aug 07, 2009 10:09 am

to prvent them from isolating your arm try to keep it tucked in tight to your ribs or grasp around your opponents head and arm like a headlock sortof so they cant get the positioning, once they have the position and apply the sub its pretty hard to get out of but you gotta lock hands with the one thats being key locked and pull it in close to your body, that should drop a good amount of the pressure off your shoulder, hope this helps!
American Fighter Muay Thai, BJJ, MMA
mma fubar
Blue Belt
Blue Belt

Re: keep getting caught in key locks

Postby Kensei » Sat Aug 15, 2009 4:39 pm

Americana

Even monkeys fall out of trees!
Kensei

Return to BJJ, Judo, Submission Wrestling & Wrestling