Login Sign Up

**LATEST ON FEDOR & M-1** UPDATED**

Moderators: Sub-Zero, Forum Moderators

**LATEST ON FEDOR & M-1** UPDATED**

Postby FEDORisGOD » Mon Oct 22, 2007 5:29 pm

M-1 Gobal MMA site is now up and running - http://www.m-1global.com/

First everyone knows about Sibling Sports, LLC and Monte Cox.

Now, We find out that Fedor has signed a 2 year, 6 Fight Contract with M-1.

More to come.

At this time, no opponent or date has been set for the debut of the Russian superstar under the M-1 banner. However, M-1 is searching for a television partner and is eager to stage an event as early as February 2008.

In the next 10 days, M-1 will reveal its stable of fighters who will join Emelianenko on the new roster. In addition, Jesse is passing along news that Emelianenko’s contract will allow him to fight in the UFC if a deal can be struck between the two organizations.

Furthermore, M-1 representatives indicate that the winner of the bout would earn a $1 million payday.

Other highlights:

* UFC turned down an offer to match Emelianenko up against Tim Sylvia when both were champions in there respective organizations.

* Fedor mentioned that his brother, Aleks, was offered a “low ball” contract to fight inside the Octagon.

*M-1 will follow PRIDE FC rules for the most part and not include elbows.

*Fedor rejects the “number one pound for pound fighter” in the world label because he hasn’t fought and defeated all the best fighters in the world.

From - MMAJunkie.com

As part of his new deal, Emelianenko will be allowed to fight outside the organization. Additionally, he requested — and received — a special clause in his contract that requires M-1 Global to offer the UFC heavyweight champion $1 million more than what the UFC offers for a fight with Emelianenko.

Emelianenko specifically mentioned that clause when a reporter asked him about rumors he was unwilling to fight certain opponents, such as Tim Sylvia, if he were to sign with the UFC.

“I hope (that clause) demonstrates how I am not afraid to fight anyone,” Emelianenko said.

More Coming.

http://ufcmania.com/2007/10/22/fedor...ract-with-m-1/

Fedor Emlianenko wanted to fight in the UFC. He wanted to fight Randy Couture. He wanted to come to America and prove his pound-for-pound worth. And, one day, he may get his chance to prove he's the world's best, as most believe.

It just won't be in the UFC, and it won't be against Couture.

In a one-on-one interview this afternoon, Emilianenko and his representatives placed the blame for a UFC deal falling through on the UFC. Emelianenko confirmed, as White has said, that he never once spoke directly with White.

Emelianenko's manager, Vadim Finkelchtein shot down the rumor that his side demanded Emelianenko's signing be packaged with a slew of Red Devil fighters.

"It was something we initially asked about but it was not a requirement," Emelianenko said.

Finkelchtein went on to blame the UFC's negotiating team, which he believes did a poor job communicating with White.

"White had no idea what was going on between Emelianenko and our attorney," he said. "Afterwards, we spoke with White and we realized that he wasn't familiar with a lot of the terms in the negotiations."

Emelianenko spent the day in New York City announcing his new plans to fight in startup organization M-1 Global.

M-1 president Monte Cox admitted he's investing heavily on Emelianenko.

Cox mentioned Ben Rothwell, John Barnett and Jeff Munson as potential opponents. He stressed the fact that Emelianenko wants only big-named fights.

M-1 Global are unsure whether Emelianenko will be fighting on pay-per-view and mentioned HBO, Showtime and HDNet as potential homes for M-1.

Regardless of where he lands, Emelianenko expressed his pleasure in signing with M-1and has put the UFC behind him and is confident the best fights of his career are ahead.

"With M-1, I can move forward and have the best opportunity to fight the best," he says. "I'm aware that a lot of fighters want to fight me, and I'm not nervous at all."

Ryan Hockensmith is an associate editor at ESPN The Magazine.

http://sports.espn.go.com/extra/mma/...ory?id=3074261

This is not the whole article I know about Sherdog rules.
FEDORisGOD

Postby qwerty » Mon Oct 22, 2007 10:41 pm

Ben Rothwell.... MUHAHAHAHAAHAHAH!
qwerty
Black Belt
Black Belt

Postby qwerty » Tue Oct 23, 2007 7:27 am

LOL, Today (10/23), Sigbling Entertainment Group Holdings stock (OTCBB: SIBE) is down 35% since they release the news that they signed Fedor.

I think them naming "Ben Rothwell" as a "big name fight" might be the cause of that. ROFL.
qwerty
Black Belt
Black Belt

Postby Kensei » Tue Oct 23, 2007 3:11 pm

So, no Billionare to back them up....wonder how long they last with money being spent like water on a fighter that himself feels he does not garner the P4P monicer....I think he is humble and love that...but hype it up a bit guys. I want you to last longer than PRIDE did! And Ben Rothwell and "JOHN BARNETT"....who is he the plumber?

Even monkeys fall out of trees!
Kensei

Postby Jewish-Spy » Tue Oct 23, 2007 10:58 pm

I think this financial offer is ridiculous at this point. I am a strong believer in Mao's (my Chinese hero) theory that with small steps you can eventually get to big things. This indeed might be jumping the shark but then again sometimes it's bullseye specially in America.
Jewish-Spy
Red Belt
Red Belt

Postby qwerty » Tue Oct 23, 2007 11:55 pm

Yeah, I also want to point out that Sibling Entertainment Group needs to stick only to musicals and plays! They DID have a market capital of $15,000,000.
qwerty
Black Belt
Black Belt

Postby Gurre » Wed Oct 24, 2007 12:42 am

who's Munson? I know there's a Jeff Monson, but Munson?
Gurre
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby qwerty » Wed Oct 24, 2007 5:53 pm

LOL, I looked up a Jeff Munson and apparently Sherdog decided to add this "unknown fighter" to the database... His record 0-0-0. ROFL!

I guess, unlike the real "Snuw"man, he does exist!
qwerty
Black Belt
Black Belt

Postby Gurre » Thu Oct 25, 2007 6:31 am

haha you have to be kidding me!
Gurre
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby Kensei » Thu Oct 25, 2007 7:18 am

if they say he is the local butcher in Belgrad and has a perfect record (said 0/0/0 Record) I will PEE myself. I think this was a slip of some sort. NO ONE would spend that kind of money to put a can against Fedor!!!!

Even monkeys fall out of trees!
Kensei

Return to News