Login Sign Up

Lyoto Machida

Talk about the fighters here.

Moderators: GrappleorWrestle, stevebags, Gurre

Re: Lyoto Machida

Postby qwerty » Thu Jun 11, 2009 10:58 am

[quote="fightDR"]I can't think of anyone who I can see beating him![/quote]

So you are saying Fedor is no match for Machida?

How about Brock Lesnar, he has no neck, can definately over power him and a good wrestler? Brock's chin has never been tested though so that is questionable :) LOL.
qwerty
Black Belt
Black Belt

Postby FEDORisGOD » Thu Jun 11, 2009 5:51 pm

Fedor is a bad match up for Machida.

The Sokoudjou fight is the perfect example why.

Like Sokoudjou, Fedor is a very quick and EXPLOSIVE Judoka. Look what Soko did, he made Machida panic, got inside with some punches, and EASILY tripped Machida to the ground from the clinch. Machida has excellent defense against wrestling shots, but he has shown weakness in the clinch. Nakamura took hm down from there who is another Judoka and so did Soko.

Unlike Sokoudjou, Fedor has amazing top control. He wouldnt get revearsed immediately after getting the take down like Sokoudjou's stupid ass. Fedor would take him down and stay on top with GnP or a submission for the win.

Machida is definitely the 2nd best fighter in the world after Fedor IMO. Fedor is just too explosive, too good in the clinch, and too good on the ground for Machida. Plus a 30+ weight advantage.
FEDORisGOD

Postby Kensei » Thu Jun 11, 2009 6:54 pm

LMAO, outside of fedor having the 30 lbs on Mach the rest is just your oppinion. in the soko fight I did not see him panic once, yes he got tripped but that was all that the quest fighter was really able to do. Not only that but Mach set up his arm triangle not once but twice off of take downs. I think he was more than ready for that and expected it. he was not panicing he was planning.
Fedor is a hell of a fighter, but I did not see explosive take downs or anything like that from him against AA, I saw a smart counter puncher that had great timing. Perhaps a different side to him but maybe what he is turning into now that he is older, and that is not a bad thing.
Kensei

Postby fightDR » Fri Jun 12, 2009 11:44 am

When I said about fighters beating Machida I was talking about 205lb fighters. There is no point talking Brock as that fight will NEVER happen. Machida is a LHW and way to small to move up and Brock is NEVER EVER going to be a LHW :lol: what wad the point in me mentioning it.

Same with Fedor, he is not in the UFC and I doubt he ever will so no point mentioning him and the fact he could be a LHW but has not shown any sign of actually droppng down. I was thinking guys who could potentially feet Lyoto, otherwise lets say Clyy Guida cos he is simular.

I have to agree with Kensie, I did not see Machida Panic in any of his fights in the UFC. He may have been taken down but IMO he has won every round he has had so how can you call that panicing. Fedor prob is the guy who would stand great chance of beating Machida but to say he would control him to GnP or Sub him is a little hard to predict. He has the strength to do that but lets not count out 'The Dragon' so easily. NOt that it will ever happen anyway mind :lol: sweet thought though!
fightDR
Brown(3) Belt
Brown(3) Belt

Postby Kensei » Fri Jun 12, 2009 12:44 pm

I think bruce lee would get owned by Jet li, yah one is dead and one alive, but it is about as "scientifically" predictable as a fight that will never happen. or better yet, A fiht between Ken and Frank shamrock would go the distance, come on people lets realize that Fedor is bigger and wont fight fight a 205er.
Kensei

Postby qwerty » Fri Jun 12, 2009 1:12 pm

I don't know if Fedor cuts weight for fights but Machida cuts weigh to fight at 205lb. The weight differencial would not be significant if that is the case but I give the advantage to Machida (on the feet) becuase he will be quicker and Lyoto doesn't get hit often. On the ground, however, Fedor would have a distinct advantage.
qwerty
Black Belt
Black Belt

Previous

Return to Fighters