Login Sign Up

Lyoto Machida

Talk about the fighters here.

Moderators: GrappleorWrestle, stevebags, Gurre

Re: Lyoto Machida

Postby Kensei » Thu May 28, 2009 10:08 am

From what I understand Rampage is a go, but Jackson has not been contacted yet about the gig...that is as of today by Sheredog and MMA weekly.
Kensei

Postby DisciplineHopes » Thu May 28, 2009 1:14 pm

rampage and evans would make a btter "show" than machida. odds are it will be these two.
DisciplineHopes
Red Belt
Red Belt

Postby Asa87 » Fri May 29, 2009 3:08 am

I'm pretty glad the LHW champ is now a martial artist and not just some big dude with some wrestling that can throw a punch. Now I just need to see Mir take out brock... please!!
Asa87
Red Belt
Red Belt

Postby Kensei » Fri May 29, 2009 4:35 am

yah, no kidding.
Kensei

Postby fightDR » Sat May 30, 2009 4:40 am

I think the reason for Rashad Vs. Rampage deal is the potential feud between 2 mouthy black guys and previous champions. Good way of getting another rivalry going.

Machida however deserves the spot light and hopefully the UFC use him right and give him a fight to where people want to watch and get excited about.
fightDR
Brown(3) Belt
Brown(3) Belt

Postby Kensei » Sat May 30, 2009 10:05 am

so far the skinny is that Rua will face Machida. but that is not carved in stone. I think it is much more interesting to think of why Rampage did not want to face Machida!
Last edited by Kensei on Sat May 30, 2009 6:16 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Kensei

Postby qwerty » Sat May 30, 2009 1:30 pm

[quote="Kensei"]I think it is much more interesting to think of why Rashad did not want to face Machida![/quote]

Rashad got his a$$ whooped already give some else a chance ;). Rampage wants Rashad first because they have some unfinished business.
qwerty
Black Belt
Black Belt

Postby Kensei » Sat May 30, 2009 6:17 pm

Fixed my error, it should have been Rampage not Rashad. Oh, and I think that the "I want to fix Rashad Up" is a just a new way of ducking Machida.
Kensei

Postby DisciplineHopes » Mon Jun 01, 2009 1:32 pm

[quote="Kensei"]Fixed my error, it should have been Rampage not Rashad. Oh, and I think that the "I want to fix Rashad Up" is a just a new way of ducking Machida.[/quote]

good call........
DisciplineHopes
Red Belt
Red Belt

Postby FEDORisGOD » Tue Jun 09, 2009 9:23 pm

Machida would make Rampage look like a black guy trying to swim.

I been saying Machida will be champ for a long time and I knew he would run a homicide on Rashad.

Machida is too skilled, too composed, to well conditioned physically and psychologically for fighting. He's going to hold that belt for a while. Im sad Shogun has to fight him. I love Shogun more than anyone but Machida is going to beat him I think.
FEDORisGOD

Postby qwerty » Tue Jun 09, 2009 11:37 pm

[quote="FEDORisGOD"] Im sad Shogun has to fight him. I love Shogun more than anyone but Machida is going to beat him I think.[/quote]

really....more than Fedor?
qwerty
Black Belt
Black Belt

Postby Kensei » Thu Jun 11, 2009 4:56 am

I agree with Fig, and not just because Mach is a Shotokan guy like me! Mach is just to different from every one else, how do you train for what you dont understand?
Kensei

Postby fightDR » Thu Jun 11, 2009 8:12 am

With bloody difficulty. The only way I could maybe see him losing is for a good solid wresler with no neck and very short limbs can over power him take him down and do enough to stall out a decision. The issue then becomes how do you get close to him without eating his shots :lol: We know he has a good solid ground game but how about a bigger stronger wrestler on top. Just can't think of anyone, maybe Randy if he has the Juice and can be Big Nog if that fight happens.
fightDR
Brown(3) Belt
Brown(3) Belt

Postby qwerty » Thu Jun 11, 2009 8:17 am

[quote="fightDR"]With bloody difficulty. The only way I could maybe see him losing is for a good solid wresler with no neck and very short limbs can over power him take him down and do enough to stall out a decision. [quote]

so you are basically saying that Jeff "The Snowman" Monson could beat Machida?
qwerty
Black Belt
Black Belt

Postby fightDR » Thu Jun 11, 2009 9:14 am

why not ...:lol: He is an unpredictable fighter with good wrestling and subs he could prob even avoid the subs of machida. The only problem is he is not good enough :lol: He ticks alot of those boxes but not enough of them. I never said he would win or that any wrestler would win and if i did i meant that thats prob the best chance for Machida to lose.

I can't think of anyone who I can see beating him!
fightDR
Brown(3) Belt
Brown(3) Belt

PreviousNext

Return to Fighters