Login Sign Up

Manny Pacqiauo VS Ricky Hatton (Predictions & Chat)

Manny Pacqiauo VS Ricky Hatton (Predictions & Chat)

Postby Asa87 » Sun Apr 26, 2009 4:35 pm

So for the boxing fans of us, next week is a huge super-fight and will no doubt be one of, if not the most important of this year. Ricky Hatton is trying to take on P4P champ Manny Pacqiauo. Manny has been training with Freddie Roach and ever improving, where as Hatton has recently taken on Mayweather Snr as his coach and is making drastic improvements in defense and footwork.

Personally I think this fight is going to end in SOMEONE being TKOd, both guys are knockout fighters, both like to have it out and I definitely don't see a decision. I'd love to say Ricky Hatton but I've seen videos of them both training and Pacman looks immense right now. I'm a fan of both fighters, my heart leans with Hatton but my head says Pacqiauo.

What's the opinions, what's the predictions?
"Simplicity is the key to brilliance" - Bruce Lee

"Imagination is more important than knowledge" - Albert Einstein
Asa87
Red Belt
Red Belt

Re: Manny Pacqiauo VS Ricky Hatton (Predictions & Chat)

Postby qwerty » Sun Apr 26, 2009 9:29 pm

cannot wait for this event.... I'll like to see what Hatton will do at the event. I already have an idea what Manny will do - throw that uppercut/hook combo, get out of the way, keep the distance with jabs and throw some combos turn to the side. I see Hatton trying to go inside punch to the body to slow Manny down and just keep coming in. When Hatton goes inside, Manny should try to hold Hatton and get separate and have that advantage in the open. Will Hatton be quick enough to get inside and try to make it his fight will be the difference.
qwerty
Black Belt
Black Belt

Postby Asa87 » Tue Apr 28, 2009 5:49 am

Pacman I think is going to throw ferocious combos and step out then repeat. He always rolls right after a left uppercut, right hook in the videos i've seen of him training so I'd love to see Hatton catch him with a left hook. Really cannot wait either qwert.
"Simplicity is the key to brilliance" - Bruce Lee

"Imagination is more important than knowledge" - Albert Einstein
Asa87
Red Belt
Red Belt

Postby fightDR » Thu Apr 30, 2009 11:57 am

This is the fight Boxing needs. Both guys are the best at what they do in the world. Pacman is spectacular, his footwork and hand speed is second to none. He has great combinations and matches that with good power and wide variety of punches.
Hatton is an aggressive fight who is so good at brawling it's scary. Hatton on his day can fight a great boxer and make him look very avergae by taking him totally out of his game. Hatton has great power and his body punches are spectacular.

As far as predictions go I am 100% the same as Asa. I would love to see Ricky win this fight. My heart is with him every second of every round. My head however is finding it hard not to think that Manny will win and even stop ricky by KO/TKO.
Come on Ricky My Son...There's only 1 Ricky Hatton...Walking in a Hatton Wonderland!
Love all mma, and big UFC fan but I do miss Pride.
Big Supporter or British MMA so a shout out to Micheal Bisbing, Paul Taylor and Dan Hardy who are representing well and makeing their mark in the UFC!!!
fightDR
Brown(3) Belt
Brown(3) Belt

Postby qwerty » Thu Apr 30, 2009 2:56 pm

Mayweather (Sr.) has improved Hatton's defense and footwork... he actually tries not to get hit now! No longer a brawler... will it be enough?
qwerty
Black Belt
Black Belt

Postby fightDR » Fri May 01, 2009 11:22 am

Hatton might have the skills not to be a brawler against good fighters, but IMO against a superior boxer like Pacman Hatton has to brawl him. He cannot box with Manny not only that but I think Pacman would take Ricky out of his boxing gameplan and turn him into the fighter he has always been.
Ricky will not stop in this fight thats for sure, he also has the punches that if they land can wear a guy down and even a guy like Pacman. I think Ricky knows that to win this fight he is going to get hit trying to get inside Manny. That is how he will win if he does IMO. This is like MMA in the fact we have the best 2 fighters and both are masters at different styles. Only this time they are different types of boxers rather than different disciplins.

CANNOT WAIT. There is only 1 Ricky Hatton...Walking in a Hatton Wonderland. Go on Ricky my son!!!
Big Supporter or British MMA so a shout out to Micheal Bisbing, Paul Taylor and Dan Hardy who are representing well and makeing their mark in the UFC!!!
fightDR
Brown(3) Belt
Brown(3) Belt

Postby UFCfighter » Wed May 06, 2009 4:06 am

Pacqiauo was unbelievable...
www.mensmmashorts.com = Mens MMA Shorts
www.mensmmagloves.com = Mens MMA Gloves
UFCfighter
White Belt
White Belt

Postby fightDR » Wed May 06, 2009 10:48 am

CANNOT AND WILL NOT ARGUE OR DISAGREE WITH THAT.......WHO CAN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
fightDR
Brown(3) Belt
Brown(3) Belt

Return to Boxing, Kickboxing & Muay Thai