Login Sign Up

Manny Pacquiao vS Ricky Hatton SPOILER!!!

Who should Manny Fight Next?

Floyd Mayweather Jr.
83%
Rematch with Juan Manuel Marquez
No votes
Miguel Cotto
No votes
Shane Mosley
17%
Edwin Valero (25 wins by 25 KO)
No votes
Other
No votes

Total votes : 6

Manny Pacquiao vS Ricky Hatton SPOILER!!!

Postby qwerty » Sat May 02, 2009 10:56 pm

Two words "Two Rounds".... LOL. Oh Shit! Who would've predicted that! Roach had it on the third round! Did Pacquiao exposed the Hatton like no other? He made it look so easy! SO EASY! He figured him out in less than 20 seconds! RIGHT HOOK! RIGHT HOOK! Unbelievable! Why didn't Mayweather Sr. fix that? How did he not see that? Did Hatton even took it to consideration? Hatton went directly to is old ways but Manny was just two quick with sickening KO power. This was just a bad matchup for Hatton nothing away from Manny - I mean he destroyed him. Hatton will be back though!!

This three-O of Pacman, Roach and Moore is dangerous! Oscar de La Hoya shouldn't feel so bad now! Maybe he can still come out of retired! At least he made it to the 8th round.

I love the enthusiasm and loud chants by the Hatton fans - I mean they over powered the rest of the crowd! It was incredible!
qwerty
Black Belt
Black Belt

Re: Manny Pacquiao vS Ricky Hatton SPOILER!!!

Postby The Jonzz » Sun May 03, 2009 2:50 am

I am surprised.. I was thinking that RH was gonna push MP to his limits. RH was out cold when he was downed on the 2nd round with a viscious left haymaker. Even if he was given 20 counts to stand, he wouldn't make it. I hope MP will fight Mayweather Jr. next.. That would be something..
"Filipino Pride..."
The Jonzz
Red Belt
Red Belt

Postby Asa87 » Sun May 03, 2009 4:38 am

holy shit! I knew Pacman was good but... damn! I really like both fighters so I'm not too bothered with the win I'm just happy it was a spectacular win and I'm a little sad to see Hatton get beat because he fights with such a heart and determination to please his massive fan-base. I had a bet on 5th round for Pacqiauo but looks like I was a bit late! thought I would have been early if anything.

It'll be interesting to see what Mayweather Jr says now that Pacman is the P4P king, but you know what - I think if they fought Pacman would give Mayweather alot of trouble... maybe not beat him but he'd definetly bother him. Only thing is I think Mayweather is a bit too big and has arms longer than Manny pacqiauo's legs!
"Simplicity is the key to brilliance" - Bruce Lee

"Imagination is more important than knowledge" - Albert Einstein
Asa87
Red Belt
Red Belt

Postby fightDR » Tue May 05, 2009 2:30 am

You guys here have summed it up perfectly already with HOLY SHIT. There is no doubt Ricky Hatton is a world class boxer just look at his fight record and with that in mind we know have to say that Pacman is in the top 3 or 5 boxers to have ever lived IMO.
Manny is a unbelievably good boxer with unquestionable skills and his professionalism is just as good. The guy is the perfect boxer and is so good for the sport in everway.

Hatton was outclassed pure and simple. I love Ricky I really do but maybe it is time for him to retire. He has only lost twice and thats to the last 2 pound for pound best boxers in Mayweather Jnr and Pacman, no shame in that at all. Hatton has a great fan base and although I would always watch his fights and be a fan I do not want to see him fight past his prime.
Love all mma, and big UFC fan but I do miss Pride.
Big Supporter or British MMA so a shout out to Micheal Bisbing, Paul Taylor and Dan Hardy who are representing well and makeing their mark in the UFC!!!
fightDR
Brown(3) Belt
Brown(3) Belt

Postby qwerty » Tue May 05, 2009 8:27 am

Hatton is not done. His exposed issue can still be fixed. He has many more fights left in him! Seriously, he lost to two #1 lb4lb at that time. No shame in that. It was just a terrible match up for him - the style favored Manny. Hatton learned the hard way.
qwerty
Black Belt
Black Belt

Postby fightDR » Tue May 05, 2009 10:29 am

Hatton has nothing left to prove or fight for really. He has won belts, defended them and beaten world class boxers. The only thing for him to do was to become pound for pound best fighter and he has failed twice aginst the 2 best. He has done the sport justice and been a British boxing legend but his time at the top is done. I love the guy but I think he is done.

Walking along singing a song, walking in a Hatton Wonderland!!!
Big Supporter or British MMA so a shout out to Micheal Bisbing, Paul Taylor and Dan Hardy who are representing well and makeing their mark in the UFC!!!
fightDR
Brown(3) Belt
Brown(3) Belt

Postby Asa87 » Tue May 05, 2009 3:19 pm

what confuses me is he seemed to be back to old habbits in this fight. I mean I seen him fight malinaggi (sp?) and he looked great - his footwork was leagues better, his head movement and his gaurd were all on another level from when he fought with mayweather Jnr, so mayweathers training was apparent in that bout. But fighting Pacquiao like I said I seen old habbits, he was walking straight forward to manny, using no angles, very loose gaurd, not much head movement and over aggressive. Maybe I'm over exaggerating but that's what I seen. Anyone agree?

Even after 1st round you hear mayweather snr saying "you gotta move your head, gotta keep your gaurd up!" So maybe it's nerves, maybe it's over enthusiasm who knows.

What you guys think?

Asa87
Red Belt
Red Belt

Postby qwerty » Tue May 05, 2009 3:24 pm

Let's face the facts, Pacquiao just made Hatton looked amateurish. :) Manny is just in another level.
qwerty
Black Belt
Black Belt

Postby fightDR » Wed May 06, 2009 2:41 am

qwerty wrote:Let's face the facts, Pacquiao just made Hatton looked amateurish. :) Manny is just in another level.

I wouldn't say he made him look amateurish but he was DEFINATELY leagues ahead. Ricky may not have fought his best and stuck to a gameplan but the outcome no matter what would have been the same. Hatton does not have the tools to beat a figter as good as Pacman, his strategy and skills are just to much.
fightDR
Brown(3) Belt
Brown(3) Belt

Postby qwerty » Wed May 06, 2009 8:28 am

fightDR wrote:
qwerty wrote:Let's face the facts, Pacquiao just made Hatton looked amateurish. :) Manny is just in another level.

I wouldn't say he made him look amateurish but he was DEFINATELY leagues ahead. Ricky may not have fought his best and stuck to a gameplan but the outcome no matter what would have been the same. Hatton does not have the tools to beat a figter as good as Pacman, his strategy and skills are just to much.

I dunno, I think Manny's sparring partners lasted longer than Hatton. Maybe he should retire. :lol: I guess you guys are right, get married & RETIRE! :twisted:
qwerty
Black Belt
Black Belt

Postby fightDR » Wed May 06, 2009 10:52 am

Yeah he probably should retire. He is a legend in Britain and has already had lots of TV offers and is also known as an entertainer. He has some good fighter which he is promoting so he will still be in boxing. As far as Mannys boxing partners lasting longer yeah but thats cos they had head gear on and/or Manny was sparring not going for highlight real KO.
Hatton has been winning fights for years but his style of boxing has lead him to get hit alot and that is not good for ageing or boxers who have as many fights under his belt as him.
fightDR
Brown(3) Belt
Brown(3) Belt

Postby qwerty » Wed May 06, 2009 11:30 am

Don't worry DR, you still got Susan Boyle to represent :)
qwerty
Black Belt
Black Belt

Postby Asa87 » Thu May 07, 2009 5:51 am

Yea I'm not excusing the loss, I love pacquiao, I'm not saying hatton would have won if he stuck to floyds gameplan either. what I said was:

did you see old habbits coming into play with Hatton? and why do you think he didn't box like he did against malignaggi?

Asa87
Red Belt
Red Belt

Postby qwerty » Thu May 07, 2009 8:33 am

Asa87 wrote:did you see old habbits coming into play with Hatton? and why do you think he didn't box like he did against malignaggi?

I guess he truly believes he could take Manny's punches. I mean, he took punches from many fighters and Manny is a smaller fighter. :lol: I truth is, he is going to keep doing what he is doing if he continues to fight. The dude is uncoachable and Manny has figured him out.
qwerty
Black Belt
Black Belt

Postby Asa87 » Thu May 07, 2009 2:22 pm

Yea, Freddie Roach said "I am the best coach right now because Manny allows me to be." I think this is true too, Freddie Roach and Floyd Mayweather are both great coaches just Maynnt Pacquiao does whatever Roach says... where as it seems Hatton struggles to control himself at times.

Asa87
Red Belt
Red Belt

Next

Return to Boxing, Kickboxing & Muay Thai