Login Sign Up

martial art

Moderators: Forum Moderators, Kung Fu Moderators

martial art

Postby khazar » Sat Apr 21, 2007 7:00 am

hey!my question is this: i want to learn a martial art, that uses pressure points,and if possible improve my physical condition.i want to learn this to know better the human body (knowledge), self-defense( i am a little violent, so if someone trys to atackme and if i see that i can fight with him, i will try to beat the hell out of him, im sorry, thats how i am)so aikido and things like that are just to defensive.while doing some research about this, ive noticed that some ppl talk abou "touch of death", is it like a super powerfull strike in the throat or something tha kills the enemy?very thankfull, i ask ur help!
do it or don´t do it, there is no try...
khazar
Green Belt
Green Belt

Postby Gurre » Sat Apr 21, 2007 10:35 am

you mean dim mak?
Gurre
Site Admin
Site Admin

hmmm

Postby khazar » Sat Apr 21, 2007 11:27 am

ive been searchin through the net and i think thats it!im afraid i wont find any school, academy or centre in lisbon where i could learn it...what do u advice me to do?books, videos, and dvds?any suggestion?and if u know, even if its a little bit about dim mak, i would like to know more like, is it true?in the net some ppl say its all faking, what do u think?and what can u say about it?tks all especially gurre!
khazar
Green Belt
Green Belt

Postby Gurre » Sat Apr 21, 2007 1:24 pm

Dim Mak, according to me is a bunch of hot air.

But seriously, I don't think you should train martial arts just to beat someone up
Gurre
Site Admin
Site Admin

re

Postby khazar » Sat Apr 21, 2007 2:05 pm

the fighting part of MA is important.if what u want to mean, its just beat ppl, well, i dont like doing that, but if they do that, and start to beat me, i wanna make sure he will think twice before starting a stupid fight. starting a fight just to fight its stupid.but if DimMak is crap, what do u advice me?i wanna a striking martial art with wisdom, not just kick, punch, knee, elbow,etc.and that would givme a very good fighting ability, more agile and fast that strong. its also to complement my bjj.suggestions acepted!

P.S.-whats the base of taijutsu?
khazar
Green Belt
Green Belt

Postby Kensei » Sat Apr 21, 2007 3:44 pm

what are your goals? Look thier first. if you want to fight, take a combat sport like Muay Thai, BJJ or the like. if you want a fighting martial art their are some good and some bad! If you have a violent nature and like fighting take up a good combat sport.

PS.
Dim Mak is crap and striking point fighting, especially Dillmans style suck ass and are fake.

Even monkeys fall out of trees!
Kensei

re kensei

Postby khazar » Sat Apr 21, 2007 4:43 pm

tks for all. i allready do bjj, but its nature doesnt makesme let all my violent feelings. muay thai looks a pretty good choice, ive though about it and probably go. the only aspect i dont like in MT is it limited number of techniques.correctme if wrong, but theres 8 moves. is it complex, and does it has a technique part, no knowledge.plz some1 clarify me on this, if it has technique, i will go right away to train muay thai!i really need to de somethin about my violent feelings.tks all,specially gurre in the beg, and kensei for the sugestion!bye
khazar
Green Belt
Green Belt

Postby The Jonzz » Mon Apr 23, 2007 2:53 am

MA teaches self-discipline and patience.. A great MA should not teach the pupil to beat someone up with what he learned..
"Filipino Pride..."
The Jonzz
Red Belt
Red Belt

Re: re kensei

Postby Asa87 » Thu May 24, 2007 12:21 pm

khazar wrote: muay thai looks a pretty good choice, ive though about it and probably go. the only aspect i dont like in MT is it limited number of techniques.correctme if wrong, but theres 8 moves. is it complex, and does it has a technique part, no knowledge.plz some1 clarify me on this, if it has technique, i will go right away to train muay thai!

there is alot more moves than 8, there are 8 weapons. if you had one weapon ( a sword) how many moves you think you could do with it?

if you had 8 weapons (fists, elbows, shins and knees) how many moves do you think you could do with them?

there is heaps of technique in muay thai strikes, lots focusing on momentum and technique to squeeze every last bit of power out of the human body while going blistering fast. Muay thai is pretty agressive and will help with body conditioning. hope that helps..
"Simplicity is the key to brilliance" - Bruce Lee

"Imagination is more important than knowledge" - Albert Einstein
Asa87
Red Belt
Red Belt

Re: martial art

Postby corvo » Fri Jun 01, 2007 12:29 pm

khazar wrote:hey!my question is this: i want to learn a martial art, that uses pressure points,and if possible improve my physical condition.i want to learn this to know better the human body (knowledge), self-defense( i am a little violent, so if someone trys to atackme and if i see that i can fight with him, i will try to beat the hell out of him, im sorry, thats how i am)so aikido and things like that are just to defensive.while doing some research about this, ive noticed that some ppl talk abou "touch of death", is it like a super powerfull strike in the throat or something tha kills the enemy?very thankfull, i ask ur help!

i believe that you would be better served if you took up meditation. calm your violent nature and mature in a pleasant place. stay away from MA for they will keep you from your true potential!
to each, his own
corvo
Orange Belt
Orange Belt

Postby MichaelTadashi » Sun Jan 27, 2008 2:53 pm

I only teach a student whose objective is to defense himself or to have a healthier body, and not to fight.
If you can find someone to teach you MA knowing your objective, he is not a good MA practitioner.
MichaelTadashi
White Belt
White Belt

Postby Kensei » Sun Jan 27, 2008 4:34 pm

MichaelTadashi wrote:I only teach a student whose objective is to defense himself or to have a healthier body, and not to fight.
If you can find someone to teach you MA knowing your objective, he is not a good MA practitioner.

I missed something, what MA do you teach?

Even monkeys fall out of trees!
Kensei

Postby MichaelTadashi » Sun Jan 27, 2008 5:17 pm

TKD
MichaelTadashi
White Belt
White Belt

Return to Tae Kwon Do & Kung Fu