Login Sign Up

Matt Hughes

Talk about the fighters here.

Moderators: GrappleorWrestle, stevebags, Gurre

Postby Kensei » Thu May 22, 2008 8:38 am

They need to throw this on SPIKE and be done with it. I am not renting a fight that has HUGHES vs ALVES in a battle of mediocrity as the main card!

Even monkeys fall out of trees!
Kensei

Postby GrappleorWrestle » Thu May 22, 2008 8:40 am

I hope Alves doesn't come in cocky against Hughes. New up and comers trying to make a name for their self have done it before. They get the mentality that some of the older fighters have lost their game.

Somehow I don't think Matt Hughes has lost it. I mean heck, he fought GSP who is probably in the top 3 P4P category.
Not to cross train cripples the martial arts, without it you can become a mechanic, but never an artist.
- E. Cates

Gold medals aren't really made of gold. They're made of sweat, determination, and a hard-to-find alloy called guts.
- Dan Gable
GrappleorWrestle
Black Belt
Black Belt

Postby Kensei » Thu May 22, 2008 8:43 am

Hughes is no joke, but if Alves is able to stuff take downs he will bludgen the wrestler to a TKO or KO victory, but if hughes gets his hands on him and takes him for a ride and slam....Alves night just got VERY damn long!

Kensei

Postby fightDR » Thu May 22, 2008 8:47 am

This for me is why I think this is a real good main event...Does the Legend keep rocking or does he finally pass on the torch fully.
Both guy have different strenghts completly and who ever gets there game into the fight more prob wins and prob finishes the other too. Even just for entertainment values, a great fight potentially...IMO.
Love all mma, and big UFC fan but I do miss Pride.
Big Supporter or British MMA so a shout out to Micheal Bisbing, Paul Taylor and Dan Hardy who are representing well and makeing their mark in the UFC!!!
fightDR
Brown(3) Belt
Brown(3) Belt

Postby Kensei » Thu May 22, 2008 8:59 am

it is the classic striker vs grappler really. I know Alves has Jitsu and Hughes is not totally lost standing, but really it is whom ever can take their strengths and push it on the other guy first and best.

Kensei

Postby GrappleorWrestle » Thu May 22, 2008 9:00 am

If Hughes tries to stand he will be completely lost when he wakes up. Seriously, I am a huge fan of Matt, but I know he does not have the stand up bang with Alves, or shouldn't keep it standing.
Not to cross train cripples the martial arts, without it you can become a mechanic, but never an artist.
- E. Cates

Gold medals aren't really made of gold. They're made of sweat, determination, and a hard-to-find alloy called guts.
- Dan Gable
GrappleorWrestle
Black Belt
Black Belt

Previous

Return to Fighters